Please remove these annoying roaming trig groups from hi-sec

There are different levels of AI, however your explanation was full of it.
Levels of AI have nothing to do with how tough the NPC’s the AI is on are, or what size ship you need to fight those NPC’s.
Levels of AI are about how smart the AI is.

If you know about programming and AI design there are levels to each, the higher the level the more advanced and complicated each are.

There are solo NPC frigate AI that have better fits than most ships, and more deadly than some of the best PVP’ers in a one on one fight.

CCP would have programmed the same sort of way for these NPC’s, depending on the methods used would govern how each level is different for those ether side (lower and higher).

Some programmers develop a tree structure where each level higher of AI/NPC adds on to the existing lower level version. This is similar to how weapon structures are done in game design. Where there is a base default, and each level up branches off with new features/enhancements. This method cuts down on lines of code, and allows for one change to automatically effect those above it.

1 Like

Note the dramatic difference between these two posts. Note how your second post is restating what I just said about how the different levels of AI actually work. Note how utterly full of it your first post was and how you’ve back pedalled since.

The first post was for someone that didn’t understand lvls of ai in eve, so it was a dumbed down version

If you failed to see that, not my issue. Move on.

1 Like

FTFY

That post had nothing to do with the levels of the AI. At best it´s a power ranking of ships with a fixed AI.

As an example:

Even a sleeper Frig has a more evolved AI than your random Battleship in a belt in 0.0.

1 Like

proof ?

Well they are pretty dumb, actually.

What are you even talking about ? Proof ?
To me that looks a lot like the branches of a version manager. Are you mixing things again ?

AI “Levels” in EVE have little to do with the “tier” of rats, and way more to do with when the content was made.

The basic mission rats came first. They are dumb.

Sleepers came next. They are aggressive, test tanks, etc.

Then came Incursion Rats. Also known as “Africanized Rats”. They are deadly for sure.

After this they started the Drifter Project: development of a decision tree based AI. Developing out of that we got

• Drifters
  • Diamond Rats
  • Abyssal Rats
  • Invasion Rats

Abyss rats are the most advanced, each has their own brain. Invasion rats attempt to mimic this in the real world (k-space)

Raznaborg are a kind of Invasion Rat.

5 Likes

This thread has derailed something serious. Please take your off topic debates elsewhere, create your own thread if you’d like.

Back on topic, the triglavian invaders - aka the Raznaborg Damavik roaming groups are a bit overloaded at the moment. They were made to stop folks from AFK mining, but their strength does more than that. New players are destroyed faster than they can realize what’s going on, and even an experienced player in a well fit Porpoise can only handle 3 at a time. They even added kinetic/EM missile weaponry to these guys to give them essentially omni-damage.

I like the triglavian invasion, but it really feels like they want miners to stare at a screen in case some trigs show up- not fun. I’ll be looking out in the forums for more experiences from other players about this and hopefully starting a suggestion thread for others to chime in.

3 Likes

You’re not actually this stupid …

The point is exactly to get assholes who don’t play the game to ■■■■ off …
… or to actually start playing. The point! That’s it! It’s exactly that!

Your screaming THINK OF THE CHILDREN, btw, is useless. CCP has the numbers. If CCP was worried, they’d change the numbers. Considering how troubled they are with their retention rate apparently the Triglavians aren’t really a part of the problem … despite you believing to know better.

I’m not buying your ■■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Then why was this, and many many other threads such as this, started? You think no one has quit over the trig invasions? What is your argument in response to what I wrote, exactly? You think CCP doesn’t care about retaining players? You think that I’m lying or I have some other agenda? You think mining in this game is the same as actually playing this game? Please clarify.

2 Likes

You dont really seem to know.

Trigs are dangerous in small numbers y/n?

Have you engaged Triglavian NPC’s in-game?

Yes I have, why do you ask?

Because if you have actually engaged with them, then you’d know they are way overpowered compared to all the other NPC’s in High Sec space.

They are more powerful certainly but I dont think either they or normal NPCs are overpowered.

2 Likes

Ok, I don’t know what you’re trying to imply here, I never said regular High sec NPC’s were overpowered. However the Triglavian NPC’s are definitely overpowered compared to regular High sec NPC’s.

In my opinion Triglavian NPC’s are Null sec content.

1 Like

Literally nothing. Youve started on me for no reason I can fathom.

When they dont have scrams or disruptors, they are quite easy to escape from, therefore I dont find them overpowered.
The small groups that wander around and the ones on gates dont have Entangling or Anchoring in them.
And the ones at Structures dont attack when you undock unless you attack first.

You can even fight them while in docking range of a structure, go in, repair, come out and fight on.

If you go looking for a fight theyll give you one, but I dont find them difficult to survive in general, no.

The roaming squads have 200-300 DPS, that’s more than you can find in a L3 (namely more than cut-throat competition). Plus they do all damages, and have various ewar.

The conduit have 800-1200 DPS, that what you find in some dangerous L4s, same, multi damage types and ewar makes them very challenging. I have friends who almost lost a double rep fit megathron, because the DPS is so huge after rampup and when the neutralize kicks in, that you get dry, webbed, and all your hardeners are stopped. That means, in half armor you have 10k ehp armor and 15k hull (total 25k) ehp remaining, in a 11s align, and more if you are going in the wrong direction. Meanwhile you take 1200 DPS, so 20s after you realize you are in half armor and your hardeners stop, you receive a killmaill.

They definitely are OP compared to other rats. Still the rewards seems correct, for the difficulty (150M/h top so far)

I simply asked if you’ve engaged them, meaning actually fought them.

Since you’re an experienced skilled player they don’t seem to be an issue with you, however it’s a lot different for newer, less experienced low skilled players in sub-par ship fits.

Then my advice to them would be not to waste time engaging them when they should be getting out of dodge.

1 Like