Please remove these annoying roaming trig groups from hi-sec

The extreme example is that if everyone used existing PLEX (not buying new ones) to sub their accounts for a month, CCP would have no cash income that month to pay expenses such as wages.

Therefore they have an asset (cash) and a liability (service to be rendered). They can’t just spend the PLEX income without allowing for future cash flow.

1 Like

CCP can use the money they get from PLEX when it is used. Not when it is purchased.

They can spend it whenever they like. You buy PLEX from them or a mount in other games, you have agreed that there will be no refund so the in-game item (PLEX, mount, whatever) has no real currency value.

There will be PLEX sat on inactive accounts, PLEX used for skins (I used to do that, until I changed character and they all became useless as skins are not account wide).

Main problem with PLEX is that there isn’t really may ways in which you can use them.

There is a risk that too many people will PLEX their accounts, although there will always be those that will pay a sub because they prefer not to have to grind the isk to pay for the PLEX. Also there will always be people buying PLEX from CCP to use for a quick isk injection.

If less people are buying PLEX from CCP then the value of the PLEX in-game will likely go up making it harder to PLEX accounts, also methods like higher taxes can make it harder to PLEX. So to some degree if they keep an eye on things they have ways to manipulate their use.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m (un)lucky, but I still haven’t met a single Trig, or other diamond rats on my roaming that keeps blowing people up. I’ve flown through invasion space, I’ve been AFK in space a few times (had to get away faster than I could make the dock command, and couldn’t care if the ship blew up), and generally traveled a lot for combat sites.
I haven’t mined other than the initial mission agents, so can’t say about that.
Not that I like to do a meet and greet session, just yet, as my Algos won’t be much of a fight, I seriously wonder if this isn’t a good thing for both players and the game itself. Every time someone in beginners chat says that they got blown up, they 9 out of 10 times admit that they were AFK, or didn’t pay attention to what flew in. So I’m not against learning people to dock up if they need to be inactive, even for a few minutes.
If they do camp on stations, that may need some tweeking, especially in the beginner areas. Everywhere else is okay for a while, in my opinion.

Harsh lessons are those you will learn the most from. Like when I got curious and flew an Algos into a conduit… Boom and much laughs… Get better boat and equipment first! Stick to what you know and read up on your curiosity, or risk your shiny things.

1 Like

The risk that too many people will pay CCP $20 vs $14?

What?

2 Likes

So you’re trying to be smart :roll_eyes:

Using PLEX purchased with isk as you well know. Nobody is going to buy PLEX from CCP to then use it to sub.

1 Like

You just don’t understand how PLEX works, that’s all.

For every month of game time paid in PLEX, CCP has made $20. Period.

2 Likes

Yes every PLEX has been paid for by someone, not every PLEX has been used.

PLEX doesn’t have an in-game real currency value.

So although they’ve all been paid for, if enough of them get used at the same time there is less income for CCP that month.

1 Like

That would be a major payday for CCP, as used PLEX would need to be replaced.

So now you’re trying to be funny.

1 Like

You just don’t understand how supply and demand works, that’s all.

If more people started PLEXing their accounts, that would increase the demand for PLEX, increasing it’s price, and people would start buying PLEX from CCP to fill that demand.

3 Likes

Just because the demand is there doesn’t mean there will be a supply to fulfil that demand.

1 Like

Then make your argument why people wouldn’t fill the increased demand.

1 Like

It would be a complete waste of time with you.

Plus we are so far off topic.

1 Like

Concession accepted, then.

1 Like

We didn’t see that happen when PLEX went way beyond two billion ISK…
… but this reminds me that I should be buying tons of PLEX now for the inevitable increase.

Or maybe it crashes and the game dies, but it’s not real money anyway.

1 Like

Do you have any data on that?

Well, yeah, the price of PLEX and all the complaints about it being too high,
with no one ever noticing that the price even slightly appears to be dropping.

Don’t go Anderson on me. lol

1 Like

Increasing PLEX prices could be due to a drop in supply, or it could (more likely) be due to inflation.

I don’t care about “could”.
I know what everyone was seeing,
what I was seeing and what a huge amount of people was complaining about.

Were you even around a year ago?

Either just trust me when I tell you,
or you speculate around believing whatever you come up with and slowly turn into Anderson.

You should consider that you might be overdoing this forum thing a bit. Not once has it done anyone good and literally everyone turns bitter, angry, biased from constantly argueing with these people.

1 Like