Please stop the HS Triglavian Nonsense

Givem that the Empires pretty much do those things anyway, why would you need it?

Were we promised carrot juice?? I don’t like it. Whoever promised us carrot juice must have messed with us. I’ll go for orange juice now :tangerine:

'ot

We were promised carrots, but as this game is a giant wood chipper, or juicer, might as well be carrot juice eh ?

:carrot:haha, truer words were never spoken. :carrot:

I’m a cautious fella like that. I like to be sure.

1 Like

You’re not giving me a good mental picture for my morning, sir. Good thing the game will remain on my hd and not take over the world. I don’t want Trigs running my city council.

Who can tell, with all these masks, lol

You have a point. I shall go to local police precinct and ask them open an investigation on city council, just to make sure.

'ot

Doesn’t seem a lot of folk understand what the OP has a problem with. It’s not triglo’s. It’s the mechanic where a needed new pilot installs game. About 3 days in, ventures out of his 1.0 starter system, then takes an arrow to the knee.
I’m guessing you, CCP just lost a new subscriber. Perhaps we have enough new subscibers where CCP don’t mind losing the money these pilots might have generated.

3 Likes

No they get that, but that’s EVE.

Would it have been any different if CODE had ganked this 3 day old player of yours? If he had looted a yellow wreck and gone suspect and been one-shotted by someone mean like me? If he decided opening fire on Autosythian Lancers was a good idea? If a FOB happened to be nearby to his mining belt and he got one-shotted by Diamond Rats? Jumped into a wormhole and got one-shotted by a camper on the other side?

All of the above and more happens on a weekly basis. So what makes Trigs so special? They’re just another way to suddenly die in EVE - the game that specializes in sudden ways to die.

The age old issue with EVE is people wanting to quit because they lose a ship, and that’s what you’re saying is the issue here. He lost a ship, he wants to quit.

What I promise you a lot of folk do understand is that EVE is not gonna work out well for anyone that wants to quit over a ship loss. Especially a ship lost in your first 3 days. Nothing of value was lost. You literally lose something you didn’t even have 3 days ago, that you honestly can’t have worked very hard to gain. We all know a lot worse is to come later on.

While I’m not a fan of the whole HTFU in response to everything approach, this is clearly a case of having to learn to get over losing a ship, which is number 1 on the list of essential skills to develop in order to play EVE.

We can’t wrap them up in cotton wool and keep them safe. That simply wouldn’t be EVE.

3 Likes

It is something more. New players are collateral damage. CCP probably not really concerned about a bunch of new players losing their few first ships and then being bamboozled how the hell they need to survive. Environmental pressure being a factor that makes only few survive in the end. It is all what CCP seems to accept.

But should they be concerned?

We’re talking about what, a Tristan, a Catalyst?

A Venture?

Something they didn’t own on Monday, that they got free from the Career Agent when they started playing EVE on Tuesday, something they lost on Thursday? This should be a big concern? Why?

Nothing of value was lost, literally.

If we made that into a major issue that is really bad and terrible, what kind of false expectations would we create for those new guys? Why would we want them to believe in safety, keeping your ships, avoiding risk, not suffering loss and so on when these things are the very antithesis of EVE?

Why would we want to create a Hello Kitty Online illusion to keep players who will have to survive in the EVE universe? Wouldn’t that be a kind of false advertising and actually doing those players a disservice?

Wouldn’t that just be setting them up to be even more likely to quit when they lose something actually of value?

One must always remember the nature of the beast we are dealing with here, and we all know the nature of the beast that is EVE.

I don’t think it’s any kind of solution to pretend that EVE is not what it is, just to keep people.

4 Likes

Simple trip in to Pochven in a vigil with a target painter and you can be free of being shot at after 15 minutes, just need to find the right hole

At least when I started, there was a breezeway after the door. Probably the same for you. Yes 3 days in I wanted better rats. I jumped into losec, took a trip around the belts, got podded by a player drake. Not out of nowhere.
You’re saying take away that little learn the ropes ground and whack them to teach them a lesson? Why shouldn’t starters be afforded the same courtesy area that I and so many others took to to learn the game, maybe get hooked on the immense possibilities of the universe.
To me, the message coming from CCP is, “Welcome to the party ‘maddarsucker.’ Whack!!! GTFO!!!”
I don’t know. Maybe the game doesn’t need new players.
I take it your message to new players who are looking for a little spaceship “fun” is also, “We don’t want your kind here. If your looking for a good way to spend money on your downtime, this my little corpse, is not the game for you.”

2 Likes

Once upon a time, games had these things called “Lives”

I wonder how many potential gamers mustve quit because they lost a life.

Atari shouldve thought about them.

O man, that sounds wrong on so many levels.

So no doodads for Trigs then, ok. Whenever I have the isk to get a properly equipped Vigil I will pay those Trigs a visit. Do you think I might need two Vigils? Those Trigs sound a bit on the happy-trigger-finger side.

Well, when you warp to the WH for the first time you’ll be 75km away from it, so you might want to do that first warp in something you don’t mind seeing explode, you can then quickly BM the hole and warp to zero

When you make the return trip, assuming you don’t dock at an NPC station and buy an exit filament, you run the risk of exploding as you jump through

Just remember to keep something warpable selected so you can spam warp if your ship does go poof because they will pod you given the chance

You know, this is odd. Here’s the story. A few weeks ago I went mining with an alpha toon in a system with a trig wormhole connection. Yes, there were trigs roaming in that system, got them on dscan etc. They were even present in the asteroid belt. I mined, I had NO standing with trigs, not even 0.0, not even in the list of standings… They didn’t attack. They did their trig thing, scanned my ship etc. Peaceful as can be. They left eventually. Now… starters don’t have standing with trigs, just like my toon. So they should be safe ? Is the AI different for the ones gate camping ? Anyone ?

That sounds more and more complicated as you go on. What’s a BM by the way? Then I have to go through a wormhole O.o in a pos that will explode. Where does the Vigil come into play in this? How do I get the Vigil in the hole ( oh man, I hope my gf doesn’t read this ) and paint - hum, what do I paint? A Trig ship? Do I shoot it or open channel for negotiation? Then my ship will explode and I have to tuck tail then find a way out. Wheew! And I’m going to do all that to get the Trigs to like me. Expensive relationship if you ask me.

In your case, wanting trig standing, you paint anything trigs attack (and nothing that attacks the trigs).
A “BM” is a bookmark. You bm both sides of the hole so you can get out. And of course you can fit a probe launcher on the Vigil.
And why a Vigil ? Because it’s a cheap ship that has a nice bonus on target painting (range, and effectiveness), which allows you to work from a distance.
Sounds adventurous too :laughing:

1 Like

Makes sense. I do have a probe launcher. That’s one thing off my list. Thanks for the tip.