Please use sense when evaluating player numbers

I guess Elite was a shoo-in with me cos I knew the ships and lore. SC just doesnt grab me on any level, I think its too generic. Ill probably go to X series when EvE buys the farm.

1 Like

I’m just not a fan of Chris Roberts, he’s a talker not a do-er and talkers are fcking useless and annoying. Tried SC but it’s all style over substance, all talk no do.

I knew elite from my C64 days so I got it when it came out in 2014. Love the game for what it is.

1 Like

Even with the 9.5% down trend, global pc sales are still higher than they were in even 2019

2 Likes

Appreciate the link!

I would expect with a conservative estimate of 100million in population growth/year there would still be an increase in volume even with a 9.5% decline in overall sales.

Seriously though I really shouldn’t have derailed my point with the whole phone aspect. I was attempting to just point out how external factors are not being factored into most peoples perceptions of the decline in login numbers.

I have never checked my bank balance via my phone. Why would I want to leave an app with connection to my bank on something that could be lost in a park ? My PC does not go walkies or get mislaid…and I’m never that desperate to know how much money I have that I can’t wait till I get home.

I have never played a game on a mobile phone. I mean…why on Earth would I want to play any game on a piddling little screen that’s smaller than the horrid little 11 inch monitor I had with my first PC ? I play all my games on a 42 inch monitor. Let me know when one of those will fit in your pocket.

2 Likes

I agree completely, my phone is only for blocking and rejecting spam calls and message’s xD

PC has multi-level authentication that includes a ‘one time password’ sent to mobile. That all but guarantees that the person logging in is me.

Computers usually last more than 1 year, so take that into account while you doomsday prophesize please.

When at home I assume most people would prefer playing on a big screen vs a tiny phone. I used to be a mobile gamer but it’s a vastly inferior experience.

I’m also tired of all those “experts” who aren’t. They play a game for a few years then pretend to tell the devs what to do, just because they spent some cash, and when the devs tell them “NO” they yell “EVE is dying” as if reality will somehow catch up with their wishes.
There are bittervets but there are also players who are NPCs - Non-Playing Complainers.
From what I read EVE used to be, I’m glad they’re changing this dinosaur and bringing it up to date for this millenia.

I agree. They certainly don’t owe players anything. That cash CCP receives is for providing entertainment, it’s not a bribe to do everything according to players wishes.

1 Like

That’s very good, I like that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:wink:

Not according to CCP and at this point I’ll take their words over yours.

If you played the game you’d know and if you played it today, what can I say, get glasses? Binoculars work too…

And its customers are literally paid by other businesses.

CCP is paying attention, that’s why they’ve been changing stuff and aren’t done changing and improving the game. They’re doing what their customers want… slowly but surely.

It may also suggest a bunch of crybabies.

I do :smiley:

I’ll leave you to your forum PvP now. Have fun.

I was, and it makes perfect sense how I said it.

If that were true none of us would be on the forums talking about how they explicitly have NOT been doing exactly that. Ffs, we’d be playing the game.

Not true. People love to complain, even when there’s nothing to complain about.

Players are playing the game and most of them don’t feel the need to complain on the forum.

Also, the forum didn’t let me know you quoted me… looks like it’s buggy.

Probably related to pos code.

1 Like

I have people to do that.

My people don’t have time for that. They have people for that.

That’s probably why you didn’t notice my people draining your bank account.