Please welcome our new CSM Overlords

Meanwhile streamers are titling their stream about krabbing and people use the word all the time in game.

If anyone bothered to look up the word origins they would see it is anti-Semitic.

Oh look, people (most of whom probably didnā€™t vote at all) complaining about an election won by people who do bother to vote.

Even more ironic that the complaints come from posters who inhabit the most populace part of EVE (High Sec), none of whom lifted a finger to organize the vote from that largest part of New Eden. Not even a half assed attempt.

The truth is that there is no secret to this. The same reason null sec dominates the CSM is why null sec dominates EVE itself. Null sec players are the most active, most interested, most involved players despite only being 10/11% of characters. High sec players (many of whom are Alphas, because why not get something for nothingā€¦) tend to only be interested in the thing right in front of them, most probably donā€™t know what the CSM is and wouldnā€™t care if they did.

The problem isnā€™t the voting system. CCP has change the voting system more than once. The problem in game is the same as it is out of game, and that is soooo many people are so oblivious and uninterested in whatā€™s going on to do anything more than complain after the fact. In real life its via snarky facebook post by people who could have voted and organized but didnā€™t.

Here itā€™s angsty but ultimately impotent forum posts.

Edit: And yea lets blame alts. Never mind that CCP has told us that MOST PLAYERS HAVE ONE ACCOUNT(and since most characters are in high sec, we can surmise that indeed most people who appear in high sec are real people).

People will do anything to avoid the idea that the problem is them, not some conspiracy or outside influence.

2 Likes

I (like many others) voted. Not that it made any difference in the grand scheme of things, but at least Steve got in.

2 Likes

I am surprised the NONEOFTHEABOVE doesnt won.

Technically it did (based on voter turnout).

2 Likes

I donā€™t have candidates.

CCP please just end CSM this year or at least have the decency to just hand poick your pets rather than asking us to vote and then barring our chose members. Cheer 0/.

Also maybe the cost of CSM flights and hotels would be better spent on redundancy payments for your workers, just a thought.

I meant the candidates youā€™ve voted for. Why did they not win?

I voted, and while I didnā€™t vote for a single Goon as their info text didnā€™t give me anything of use, did I vote for others, some who seemed new and so I gave them a chance, and in the end did one of them make it.

Of course Iā€™d rather see all my candidates win and in the order Iā€™ve voted for them, but thatā€™s just a fantasy. I knew Iā€™ve voted for ā€œunderdogsā€.

The candidate I voted for did win. You make to many assumptions.

Was I? Sorry, I thought you were complaining about how yours didnā€™t win.

Are you complaining because yours did win?

Bloody hell. 8 out of 10 are Goons. I didnā€™t vote for a Goon. The one player I did vote for was elected.

And now youā€™re complaining because not all of your candidates won?

Iā€™m confused to what your problem actually is. Maybe you just donā€™t know how voting works. Itā€™s quite simple: the majority wins.

Are you daft? I voted for ONE candidate, only the one.

Rumorsā€¦ rumorsā€¦ or notā€¦?

How to get into CSM

You are over 10 years in this game and you donā€™t like how the things around CSM works, but Iā€™m on my second year period and I completely donā€™t like the CSM. BTW, IDK how the past CSM happened, but I know that Hi-Sec nerds donā€™t care about it completely. Let CCP remove Fozzie SOV finally.

Iā€™m understanding it this way: if official forum is a place to whine for trivial EVE players, then the CSM is a place to whine for Alliances.

From forum players I got more advices, help, suggestions, rebalancing solutions than from entire CSM. For example, referring to this new expansion ā€œInto the Abyssā€, @Dark_Engraver did a colossal job and spent hundreds of man-hours to balance that content through suggestions and feedbacks. Initially that was so broken.

Why I donā€™t like the last 2 CSM?
Itā€™s completely covered with things and deeds, which no one game should contain. Some players just passed the in game activity and rules and went into EULA bitching, which is a IRL environment (and no matter CCP announced that IRL should remain outside the game). Itā€™s not spying or corporation theft. The EULA discrimination an speculations are based on creating in game scenarios allowed by EULA to provoke other players (opponents, partners, friends) to violate the EULA. Itā€™s very interesting to spectate fan fest meetings, while many of those guys are recording chat-logs for years as an evidence or compromising evidence. I never met such kind of application in any other MMORGP. And last CSM is going under the banner ā€œlets ban more players!ā€ā€¦ like itā€™s what EVE needs right now.

Yup! It can bring something new.

Should we be allowed to vote for one candidate only?

:rofl: Are you saying you used only a single vote?

Yes, I did. Because that is how the system should be. The current system allows one block to get all their candidates in. Look at the current results. I will not play that game.

Oh no, thatā€™s bad.

See, many people have an opinion on how the voting system should work. Those opinions are all different and so there are quite a few voting systems in the world, all which have their pros and cons.

You cannot simply walk to a vote and imply it will work exactly as you envision it should. You actually need to make sure before you vote that you understand how it works.

You were supposed to pick as many candidates as possible and place them in the order you wish to see them win.

Wrong. I can choose how to vote in this system, as I have. In real life we call that ā€œa protest voteā€. Keep playing by the rules and nothing will change.

And so you chose wrong and now you complain understandably. Thatā€™s not so hard to understand, is it? Sure, you didnā€™t get it right in your first attempt, because you had your own ideas, but I hope you now know how it works and I hope you make a better vote during the next election.