Please welcome our new CSM Overlords

I give up.

1 Like

That’s the spirit! Now give yourself fully to the dark side, which is CSM voting. :rofl:

You’ll get there, mate.

:chicken:

Calling them “Overlords” is a joke, right?

You should change the title to: “Please welcome our new CCP Pets”.

:chicken:

The problems are:

1. Allowing multiple CSM representatives of the same Bloc be on the council. One is enough to represent the arguments of any bloc.

2. Players who are not rallyed by their CEOs/FCs/direct contacts are much less likely to vote. This can be fixed with making it possible to vote via in-game means.

3. The CSM of the past years does not have a track record of representing all areas of space, all types of players. Not even remotely. Thus there is a great lack of trust in CCP amongst a large amount of players regarding the usefulness of the CSM…

4. CCP not reacting to sold/bought votes. It clearly constitutes RMT and is totally unacceptable. Who wouldn’t spend 23B ISK for free flight to Iceland, accomodation and a tour of CCP HQ?

5 Likes

Neat, hope the encouraging fixing what needs fixing, like T1 Battleships.

If you can’t provide proof then all you’re doing is posting false accusations and unfounded assumptions.

Please link an Official statement by CCP stating that as a fact.

The only problem I see here is you going off on a rant, insulting players once again and posting more incorrect assumptions.

3 Likes

All of that is just nonsense. The real truth is that high sec people cared enough, they’d not only dominate the can, but all of eve.

Instead, we see in game a mirror of real life; one pne hand you have the small, determined, relatively well led , vocal “special interest groups” using the available tools (their own personal votes, their social skills to garner other peoples votes, and the eternal lubrecate known as MONEY) to control the situation and thus get what they want.

On the other hand you have the impotent masses or normal people who don’t have the personal will to spend a few hours every year using the one power they really have (voting). The same people have zero problem voting for who won American idol or whatever the equivient is/was in Europe.

Its ironic how the high sec players who could not find a way to talk to other high sec players long enough to get them to vote in a way that would ensure high sec a voice in the csm process somehow have enough time to write lengthy point by point posts aimed at ME in a thread complaining about the csm…

If you all spent that energy on gaining “in community” political power , you would not have enough time to be here talking to me…

2 Likes

How many high-sec players are running large number of bot ratting fleets? Anyone? It’s easy to dominate the game when you’ve had an uninterrupted ISK fawcet for the past decade.

4 Likes

Congrats to all the winners.
TB

Congrats goons will be waiting for my free catalyst that CCP will be giving out to every player at the next burn Jita event. For content creation of course. :joy: :tada:

Watching everyone lose their collective minds over who won the CSM is glorious. If you live in highsec, there is a reason why you don’t see highsec represented: Players old enough to vote don’t live in highsec.

More players in high-sec than the rest of null combined. High-sec has a bad rep, we know that everyone who is anyone lives out in the far reaches. But the hard core group of players still reside in high-security space with all the pitfalls and traps this lawless area provides. Oh yes we are old enough to vote.

3 Likes

Eve is one of the most tolerant communities I have ever come across, my whole time here I have NEVER experienced anyone who has been truly racist or homophobic. CCP Falcon is openly gay and is in tight control of community relations - to his credit. Sure people do dumb things with out thinking, but I’m sure little real malice was intended.

Point in question, a member of Code posted a Paedophile Meme in C&P the other day. I believe the member responsible was just ignorant ( he has form ), and no genuine malice was intended. If you look at the Code Minerbumbing website, there are many paedophile jokes posted, I don’t like them, but I’m sure CCP would have shut them down if true malice was intended. Some people are just stupid and ignorant, not genuinely malicious.

When it comes to off site communications posted to pastebin, some have been doctored to discredit in the past. The only Comms CCP can truly audit and authenticate are on the Forums and In-game. Best give some of the paste bin material the benefit of the doubt.

I’m sure some individuals have had hurtful experiences here, I’m talking in the main and don’t seek to offend nor belittle your experience. We are a tolerant community and hope it remains so.

:grinning::heart::grinning:

Edit:
On the Forums I identified myself as an “Alpha Male and Top.” This is a clear sexuality. I was ridiculed for identifying as my perceived sexuality. To ridicule some ones sexuality in this case, is it sexist and in breach of the EULA?

• exchange “Alpha Male and Top” with “Dom Female and Top” or “Sub Lesbian and Bottom”, then ask the same question above?

I don’t have an answer, this is a grey area for me and I am sure it is for others.

(Was I in error for identifying my sexuality as “Alpha Male and Top” in the first place?)

1 Like

See, this should be two different things though. EVE Online is a game, a product sold by a company to us, the customers. The CSM is not a political instrument, it is a council for customer feedback. All I’m saying is that the company who wants that feedback, should think about how to avoid in-game “political power” overly influencing that process. Creating the CSM was a good move, but without staying on top of things it becomes a game mechanic that can and will be twisted to the point it starts to strain from its purpose.

Look at the bought votes. Every Omega account can vote, but Skill Farmers aren’t usually paying a subscription. They buy PLEX with ISK, the PLEX coming from other people who bought it for real moeny and the ISK - at the end of the line - coming from high-income ratting. The game mechanics themselves give higher voting rights to the ones who make more ISK in game, which aren’t necessarily the ones spending more money on the product.

1 Like

Actually I’m old enough (both in RL and on EVE) and my omegas and alphas live all happy in HS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes EVE is a product. And the people who ‘buy’ the product are given a voice via the CSM.

It’s no one’s fault if a whole lot of real people (mainly in high sec) don’t care enough to participate. This cannot be blamed on alts, Last time CCP told us anything about character distribution, 11% of characters were in null sec. If EVERY null sec character is a main (it’s not) and EVERY null sec player had an alt account (they probably don’t , see the linked Chart) the rest of EVE would still outnumber null sec almost 4 to 1.

Blaming the system used or how political it all is (everything humans touch becomes political btw)is just an attempt to deny the truth.

The truth is that no matter what you do , like limiting the vote to 1 vote per real person (or other off the wall stuff like having representative just for different parts of EVE), would matter in the long run. The same people who don’t vote now won’t vote then either.

People who have Skillfarms should not be allowed to vote with all these accounts. They don’t buy the product.

This was an estimate and it was also before the reign of Skill farms.

I’m willing to wait if CCP introduces an easier voting method, something inside the game. If what you claim shows to be true then, I think the experiment to implement customer feedback by a player elected body would have cleary failed, in which case CCP should just hand-pick the CSM to their own liking.

nope, we don’t get a voice via CSM, people who voted for them will have the voice. Having 90% of CSM came from nullsec don’t cover all EvE problems. I saw Jin roundtable about pve, wrong question asked all the way, it was nullsec thinking about pve. This game is not all about nullsec. How nullsec players can discuss present of future problems for WHs? Lowsec?

3 Likes

Yes the game is all about null sec. Because its only null (and a bit of low sec and wh) players who are damn near the only ones who care enough to actually participate.

I participated In Jin’s last pve roundtable. You know WHY no one talked much about high sec pve? It’s because almost no high sec people could be bothered to show up on comms despite him advertising the round table on the pve forum section.

How is high sec player’s general unwillingness to participate in things that matter( like roundtable discussions and can elections) null sec’s fault?

High sec has the numbers. Ccp has given us a tool for feed back that is BASED on numbers (of votes), but high sec chooses to mostly casually.l mine and mission run and can’t be bothered to participate.

Then high sec players run to the forum to complain about how unjust it all is.

Instead of you all replying to me, you should be talking to each other about how you intend to get some high sec people on the next csm…

But y’all won’t do that because it’s easier to complain than it is to actually speak to each other. Again, this is your own faults, not nulls.

no one talked about hisec pve because he keep asking what to do with group pve content and why it is not working. Why whole topic was mangled in the past (group pve) and CCP fails to deliver such thing. BTW he cast roundtable just before AP were introduced knowing that we will have new pve addition and wanted to achieve what? While I was encouraged at first I couldn’t participate due to RL sadly, after heard the podcast my enthusiasm hitted zero. It was like he was starting election campaing to be reelected and to prove he is valuable as CSM (it’s really hard to not like Jin tho). There were no conclusion after the table.

Whole PvE is a good example why CSM is not working, there were many idea floating in the past, some where discussed or proposed by CSM, and they fail. When CCP asked what players wanted CSM gave them their biased opinion, like group pve. I find it hard to see that they represent the playerbase, especially now. While I have my strong concerns that they will gave biased feedback on idea that CCP will show them and put it after NDA till it hit the light and it might be too late to salvage like RW.

where did you get that data? pvp players are most engaged and they are everywhere.

4 Likes