PLEX for GOOD, EVE and CCP updates

Great read, congrats for the 17th year CCP!

1 Like

We are now working on recompiling the whole codebase of EVE, upgrading to Visual Studio 2019, and we are adding more hardware to increase the power of our servers.

excuse me what?
is this saying what I think it’s saying?

2 Likes

Please elaborate.

Was best content introduced in last 4 years. More rats should be redesigned along the lines of triglavian rats.

Great progress is being made on the “secret” project we are working on in London.

Even CCP admits that we know what the secret is, and even this small mention of progress makes me very excited…

While I love the positive tone that comes across in that devblog, getting excited about CCP progress on other projects is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Let’s hope it has enough Psssssshhhhhhh.

1 Like

Same here. I don’t like the way WHO has handled the crisis, and don’t want to be part of any donation to them.

Stay strong everyone, we will do this :)!

Regards the PLEX for GOOD collection for COVID-19, aside from the addition of Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (CHS), which was a somewhat welcome addition, after many of the communities’ reservations on solely donating to the WHO, CCP should really look at also opening it up to charities that focus on ‘developing countries’ and ‘poverty/food re-distribution/supply/infrastructure’. Considering ‘developing’ counties are going to be far worse affected by global economic ‘recession/depression’ (post-COVID-19/economic lockdown) than ‘developed’ countries, in terms of supply chains for food (increasing high-risk cases for mass starvation). Especially when you consider what is an ‘economic inconvenience’ to people in ‘developed’ countries, is a ‘death sentence’ to those in ‘developing’ countries. I’m thinking along the lines of charities such as Action Against Hunger, The Hunger Project, or unicef.

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/03/exceptionally-dire-secondary-impacts-of-covid-19-could-increase-global-poverty-and-hunger/

https://moderndiplomacy.eu/2020/05/08/contagion-or-starvation-the-dilemma-facing-informal-workers-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

o7

1 Like

I noticed this too, means if they are really upgrading their legacy code, they will be able to make much more future changes to the game in much easier ways right?!?!

We know the system you inhabit
It is on our list
The third reciprocal action has commenced

I do hope so, partly because they wouldn’t be investing in recoding if “Eve is dying !” was a real possibility.

Oh yes, the WHO is to blame…

@CCP_Dopamine,

I contracted 240 PLEX almost 5 days ago to CCP PLEX For GOOD and the contract still hasn’t been accepted. My GF - Crimson’s Girl - also contracted 240 PLEX and her contract hasn’t been accepted either.

Anyway, I realize that 480 PLEX isn’t very much but every little bit helps, right? Now we did set the contract time to 4 weeks but we would greatly appreciate it if those contracts were accepted asap.

o7

Don’t put words in my mouth. Didn’t say anything about what you are posting. I did say I don’t agree with the way WHO is handling the crisis. And nothing more.

Oh, my fault, I was convinced that the ones responsible to manage the crisis were national governments whereas the WHO’s role was essentially to warn the governments and assist the poorer.

Didn’t know you’re in a developing country who’s directly impacted by the WHO’s actions…

What an idiot.

@CCP_Dopamine

I see some portraits of characters wearing Face Masks and according to this Dev Blog:

Virtual Masks are making their way into New Eden and will be a reward for everyone who donates.

Both myself and my GF - Crimson’s Girl - have donated PLEX to this and neither one of us has received a Face Mask yet.

Just wondering what’s going on with this?

Our masks came from reaching L5 in Project Discovery Version 3. I imagine the ones CCP will give to those who donated will have a special design to make them look distinguished somehow. Assuming CCP is still going to give them instead of some other reward.

1 Like

hi carebear, just remember that, unlike f1 monkey rats like you, we do enjoin content, especialy the one that change the new eden history
Be glad that such type of content