PLEX is too cheap

I think its more a question of whom is foolish.

There is too much supply of everything including currency.

This is one reason why I suggested Jita Supernova.

We need dramatic loss, crushing losses :sob:

1 Like

So who do you think is foolish?

I was hoping to corner the market on moon goo…but even with billions I need trillions, moon goo is too spensive.

Wake up :coffee: and look at this thread. How did we go from pretty good discussion into a brawl in no time?

The Magic Of Disney

I mean EvE Forums

2 Likes

Anyways, its good PLEX took a dip for a bit.
Year ago trend wasnt looking so good.

Look at any topic with Whitehound in it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a very real possibility, as is introducing PLEX onto the in-game market. But they’d better do it quietly…

Im unsure why PLEX has dropped.
Id have thought it would go up in anticipation of the reduced PLEX from Buddies.

Im a little worried it might be because people are leaving EVE, thus reducing demand on PLEX.

Don’t troll.

1 Like

Considering the PLEX-prices before the great change were constantly rising, and people were constantly fearing the death of EVE because of this, I’ll say the price of PLEX falling is very, very good for the game.

PLEX prices would need to fall at the same rate like now until 2025 at the earliest before they reach the point where people back then had started to complain about prices being too high.

So I suggest to save your text somewhere and re-post in 2027. Then we could honestly say falling PLEX prices are bad. Until then, it’s good.

Don’t worry.

I know right. PLEX prices going up kills EVE. PLEX prices going down kills EVE. I’m sure the ninnies here have a “perfectly reasonable explanation” for PLEX prices being constant killing EVE.

Bottom line is they are dolts.

1 Like

Its the most likely explanation, dont you think?

Too far up or down, too fast or for too long, is an indication of a problem.

Maybe, but we haven’t gotten there yet. Seriously, relax. There isn’t anything you can do about it anyways.

1 Like

Talking about isnt hurting anyone.

Nope. And of course we all love the comedy gold!

It’s one possibility, but without knowing the amount of PLEX sales from CCP it’s hard to say.

It might also be that a large number of bots have been banned or that up until late 2017 we had more people extracting SP from their old chars (though that should be visible somewhere in the data). Other possible reasons are that the high PLEX price led to less people plexing their accounts (and either leaving like you suggest or simply dropping to alpha) and CCP corrected the in-game price with lots of sale offers or possibly other methods. Yet another possibility: more people found out that working IRL pays better than working in-game.

My favorite theory is that the long-term abusable simultaneous login of Alphas led to many alt accounts not profiting from Omega state and so their owners simply didn’t PLEX them anymore. If that is true, we should see a rise soon.

Sure, but somewhat steady phases of up and down could also be a good sign that people are trusting PLEX to be stable enough but not too stagnating.

That’s only because dying brain cells don’t trigger any pain receptors. If they did then your brain would be hurting.

Regarding EVE dying, it’s nice to see how the “summer holes” have improved in numbers over the last few years. Being the point where the player numbers drop to their lowest in a year and seeing these climb is a good sign.

1 Like