PLEX is too cheap

You do know there is a diference between buying PLEX with real money and buying game time with real money, right?

The offer is for buying game time, not PLEX. I don’t know if they have a similar offer for their PLEX sale, but you should perhaps check. I don’t see the same offer for PLEX.

CCP is doing it to bridge the summer gap and to keep their business running.

You really do not understand economic relations and interconnections…

Maybe one day someone will mannage to teach you how something as small as the flutter of a butterfly’s wing … cause a typhoon halfway around the world

Right back at you. To think a butterfly would cause a typhoon is the same as to believe it would have no other, far more significant factors, which are the cause of typhoons. You must think typhoons are totally random occurrences.

It’s the classic mistake of people who believe too much in chaos theory.

More likely for EVE is that during the summer time we see less players and therefore we have less PLEX entering into the game in general. So now we then have stockpiles of PLEX with fewer players, thus the demand drops and so does the price.

Attracting more players to the game with a sale of game time (but not PLEX) will bring more players back, some of which might stay longer than the summer sale lasts and who may try to PLEX their game at some point. Ergo might we see a stabilization of the PLEX prices happening afterwards and thanks to CCP - who are likely just trying to keep their revenue up and who likely care less for what the price of PLEX is worth to players.

1 Like

This comes up every single year. Every fuckin one. Always the same ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like

“Let the drop in PLEX prices will be my Last Gift to EVE community!”

I was right! My tin foil hat worked, this time! I try for years, with all sorts of conspiracies, and I made it! I won Eve :sob: :trophy:

2 Likes

why turn omega when you can be omega till you hit 20m sp then play for free and stock pile dat isk and plex till plex prices rise :slight_smile:

Except he mentions the volume of plex sales is the same, so there is no dip in the amount of plex consumed

PLEX is kind of like the gold standard fiasco. Much like how the dollar tanked when decoupled from a commodity and printed willy nilly, PLEX has gone from being created by players with their assets to being printed out of thin air by CCP. CCP doesn’t farm the PLEX they sell you, they wave their magic wand and it appears in the game.

Of course it’s losing value. And it will continue to do so until the end.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

When was PLEX ever being created by players??

It is (was?) created by players when they paid CCP real-world cash. I think he is insinuating they are now spawning PLEX into the game without that hard link to keep the game’s economy afloat.

It’s a conspiracy theory, but he could be correct. We would have no way of knowing what interventions CCP is up to on their end.

PLEX is and was always spawned by CCP based on “external factors”. RL money has no meaning in the sandbox. BTW, PLEX itself has also no usage in game.

You are being pedantic.

CCP claimed for the longest time, and likely still will if you ask them, that all PLEX in the game appeared as a direct result of a player purchase. This assurance was so solid, they even asserted they used confiscated PLEX for the few times they intervened in the PLEX market.

I don’t have any reason to believe that is not still the case, but there is no assurance that CCP hasn’t abandoned that policy and is wholesale printing PLEX as @Mr_Epeen suggests to prop the game up. It is a reasonable thing for them to consider doing to keep the game rolling a little longer if people stop buying PLEX and listing it on the market to prevent a wholesale collapse of the economy.

1 Like

… and there is absolutely no reason to believe that.

1 Like

Not true. I like a PLEX price to be low when I buy it, and high when I sell.

That’s all CCP needs to do. Isn’t too hard, is it?

lel

That’s the good thing about conspiracy theories. You don’t need reason to believe them. In fact, if there are reasons to not believe, it only reinforces the conspiracy theory.

Then again, this doesn’t say anything about wether or not it’s true. It could be, it could not be, we can’t say.

Btw I think Epeens statement could also be read as a comment about the change from oldPLEX to nuPLEX, introduction of SKINs, Skill Injectors and such stuff. Not sure, what he exactly meant.

Maybe even the Quantum Rise expansion? https://www.eveonline.com/article/i-can-resist-anything-but-temptation/

2 Likes

hi @Perpetualed

think on “less people play in summer” they go for holidays or take a off time because the go urfing or such stuff
so more plex is on the market and the price goes down
thats normal … was the same last year and the year befor and so on

in winter they all buy and the price goes up
in summer many have a break and the price goes down

everything good … buy now … sell later

as easy

JuuR

plex is too high still. the price was tampered with and artificially inflated by ccp when they converted single plex into 500plex chunks.

i was right along time ago when i said plex would go above 3m and it did for quit a while.

hopefully it keeps dropping and returns to 2m per plex to bring it back to the 1b mark or lower per month of gametime and doesnt shoot up past 4m where it will just lower the number of people playing.

I mean if you really want to tinfoil I suppose you could consider all the PLEX, MPTC, extractor, and skin sales “printing PLEX”

I remember when 1 month cost 500m isk

I remember when CCP actually sent out spreadsheets with GTC’s to resellers.

1 Like