PLEX is very expensive right now thread

None of it adds PLEX (read: RL money) into the game.

It can be pursued by simply reducing PLEX-price of ingame services and Omega. Let’s say setting 30 days of Omega to 300 PLEX instead of 500 might entice some players to buy more Omega while reducing RL funding of CCP right from the start.

Retaining players is good in theory but in practice CCP is in pursue for RL money at the time. So i don’t think anything risky might get green light now…

Its still more efficient/convenient to simply buy a PLEX from CCP, than spend the huge amoubt of time it would take to farm a full 500 PLEX, 2 at a time, from randomly spawning site.

You have to complete 250 of these sites inorder to sub via PLEX.

Read that again:
Two hundred and fifty sites.

Just for time of completion (ignoring time to find then), that is 2500 minutes, so 41.6hrs.

Time to find the sites, especially considering competition, will easily be quarduple the estimate above.

If necessary, the sites can also be made sigs, and hence require probing to further increase the time to find them.

A) Its for both clone states. But you cant run 30 Alphas simultaneously due to Alpha rules.

B) The drop is guaranteed, but RNG between 1-3, so averaging out as 2 PLEX, so an isk equivalent of 6mil for 10mins effort, per site.

PLEX does not introduce RL money into the game.
That would constitute RMT.

As I calculated above, for someone to PLEX solely off running these sites, they have to complete 250 sites (internalize that vast number), at a minimum time invested of 41.6hrs, which including time to find the sites will easily be at least 4 times as much.

Go back and read my edit salvos.

That wont happen, as there wont be 30,000 sites spawned simultaneously.

Your theoretical example is crucially flawed.

Well its based on what you typed. Now you’re limiting the amount of the spawns, why?

Don’t take thus personal, I’m just analysing your idea to the absolute limit.

Because obviously there will be a limit on the number of sites spawned at any given time, as there is on all other sites.

I thought this was a given and utterly clear.

I also specifically said several rimes earlier that CCP can adjust the spawn rate at any time.
Are you even reading what I am writing?

Sorry if I didnt realize I have to do all your thinking for you.

Can you name me another form of spawned sig/anomaly which has 30k simultaneous spawns? You seemed to assume that to be a valid basis for your calculations.

Or are you just refusing to acknowledge that I wrecked your argument?

To my best knowledge, EVE has 5201 K-space systems, yet you think there are 30k simultaneous spawns of sigs/anomalies?

Combat sites in sov…they respawn after one is complete. I think in sov you still have to raise sov level in order to get the sites.

Its your idea, I can only calculate based on the info you give. All you’ve said is they are limited. Why limit them?

Your entire idea is a shipwreck that will ruin CCP income. As I said CCP will want money for any Plex in game. That’s the way it is and always will be.

Again, you arent reading my posts.

I specifically said I think these should only spawn in HS and perhaps LS.

You also dont seem to understand the system whereby spawns are cycled through EVE. (Admittedly, nobody outside CCP knows exactly.)

Yes, the sites will respawn elsewhere when completed, but no, there will not be 30k sites spawned as a constant. The number will be far less, can be decided by CCP and can be increased/reduced by CCP at any time.

I never gave you any info that suggested there would be 30k simultaneous spawns of this site.

You fked your math by operating off a ludicrous premise completely of your own invention.

Every PLEX appeared in game was bought using RL money. That’s what i meant.

That is no longer true.

It is true. There was few exceptions but all of them was limited-time events.
Say it was gifts. Your idea is to make such gifts to mandatory stuff. That’s different.

Exceptions make the rule.

It is no longer true that all PLEX in EVE was paid for in RL money.

We passed that point.

Its not mandatory. You choose whether to run the sites for 6mil/10mins, and requiring a completion of 250 sites inorder to PLEX.

Or, you just buy a sub/PLEX from CCP, as usual.

TLDR: If someone is committed/poor enough to run 250 sites inorder to PLEX, that is not a player that would have bought a sub/PLEX from CCP anyways. CCP doesnt lose revenue on their part, as that player was not yet willing to buy a sub/PLEX anyways.

I’m done with this.

1 Like

Bye.

You fked your math badly, and now cant own up to that mistake.

The notion that there would be 30k simultaneous spawns of this site was utterly ludicrous.

There are, to my knowledge, 5201 K-space systems in EVE, across all sectors.

If there was 30k simultaneous spawns, as you premised, that would mean there would be roughly 6 sites of this type, in EVERY k-space system in EVE, at ALL times.

Think before you post, and when you fk up, just admit it so we can move on.

It’s about CCP as business and not about EvE players.

Instead of one-time event where they gift community with free PLEX (“free” meaning that noone paid RL money for it) you require to have constant influx of these never paid PLEXes (let’s say paid by CCP itself).

Last comment to you. Thank god I didn’t do my hisec venture and involve you.