[Pochven] Clarity on change to Observatory Flashpoints made in 20.11

The only content where i could get the best of two worlds, gone i have literally no reason to play anymore, shame i enjoyed the apex and gank roams.

It was the only place i did not mind losing a 2b ship that much due to it actually being fun.

But sure send me another survey about mobile games, im sure the profit margins are higher even though the mainline game has been over monetized them to death.

Poch was the last thing keeping me from quitting permanently, gg no ree.

8 Likes

I think you meant, “great, with less crabbing fleets, there will be NO ONE FIGHTING”. This is utterly ignornant on CCP’s part. This will ruin Pochven. The WHOLE reason people are in there is for the OBS sites. Period. You make it so they can’t run them (because no one is waiting 1.5 hrs to run another OBS. No fleets. Mark my word.

1 Like

Beta, it’s not about adapting. Problem is, the crabbers won’t crab now. WIthout them crabbing, there’s no big expensive flashy fleets to fight. I personally enjoy killing Horde and Trial marauders myself. I’ll even settle for killing Horde Ishtars. BUT, without these sites being ran, none of these fleets will be about.

1 Like

We were literally just talking about how hot Pochven was yetserday. And bam…CCP says “let us fix that”. It’ll be dead now. Why would you destroy your own game like this? Lol, it’s like you guys are trying to make people quit. I honestly don’t get it. So, your “economy” is more important than player engagement? The players are engaged in Pochven. Last 7 days, 2085 characters, 567 corps, 142 alliances, 3,359 kills! That will all dry up to nothing. Really dumb move here.

6 Likes

I can’t stop laughing at the crybabies!

Seagulling was better.

Bring back krabsliding the true natural balancer to the region?

ka kaw

1 Like

Killjoy nailed it. RIP Pochven.

Adapt or die you sound like a krab.(with respect)

Just another pogven era, some of us have been here since day 1 and have adapted through all changes.

The locals aren’t going anywhere xo

It is truly mind boggling what’s going on here. Sure, the nullblocs are present in pochven but they don’t have region wide umbrellas, they can’t throw 30 supers at you when their krabs are threatened. Pochven has been a great place to fight on somewhat equal terms. 15 people with maybe a few alts stand a very realistic chance to contest a Horde or Frat fleet. Where else do you find this?

As many said before, the sites are what drives the conflict. It’s a constant contest resulting in the most violent region in the game. Take away the sites and there’s nothing to fight over. Who in his right mind is gonna join a fleet to wait 1,5h for a small chance of content now? If the economy is at risk, make the sites harder or reduce the payout but don’t take away the best conflict driver in the game when there are so few already.

8 Likes

HERE HERE.

CCP keep triping up over there own feet tho, so they decided they want the Pochven sigs to die so it shall be, they want their shiny piece of horse crap that is FW to be the new hot thing, and it isnt.

1 Like

yeah, i remember rorqs and spod, crokite, ochre and other diverse ores in nullsec and boson ratting. ccp’s nerfed everything I do into the ground or ruined the game in ways that players aren’t adapting to and I think this is one that horde wont adapt to, frat might not adapt to and you will have a dead region soon enough.

you still have problems with pochven that your metrics dont show you.

the problem with this new change is that it takes 90 minutes to respawn but still only 15 minutes to run a site at most (vargurs do it in 7 or something stupid) so it is really hard to contest other people on the other side of the triangle when the time it takes them to almost finish is shorter than what it is to form and move there. ontop of the site run time is that you can feed dictors to block the warp in with limited and expensive counter measures like people within the group having an alt that only does booshing bubbles.

the seconds problem is enough isk isn’t being destroyed because the sites are so weak that ishtars are running them.

third problem is that for pvpers and locals like the boyz or stri the station jump clone fee discourages activity, changing out of your amulets or training clone becomes something you think if it is worth it or not. before this change we all said its 900k isk per character and if we have 5 characters in training clones thats just 4.6mil but now it’s something to consider. either let us anchor structures or remove it. it is the same as jump clone cooldown, pointless and discouraging pvp

2 Likes

So instead of nerfing the payment or increasing the difficulty of the sites, the CCP solution is to reduce access to content for the players. This is likely the worst valve possible to adjust the economic impact of the sites.

5 Likes

Pochven died when the gates were opened to everybody.

1 Like

Speaking as the Alliance Exec of Stribog Clade, I don’t think you’d have many disagreeing that Poch was over-tuned but you could have nerfed the pay-out, reduced the number of spawning sites and/or made the sites significantly more difficult to run. Make no mistake, Pochven has very little other content to offer as the other sites in the region are pretty much worthless to run.

The reason you had so much going on here is that there was a reason for people to come. You have people running Observation Flashpoints (Obs) who need to compete with other people wanting to run them. This in turn also attracts other players who seek to kill these Obs fleets and their support. This resulted in the region becoming the 2nd most dangerous place in Eve in terms of ISK destroyed. It offered almost instant access to PVP and ISK making opportunities for those who wanted it the most.

The thing is, this change will likely not affect those that want it the most. It hits the already rich a little, but completely kills the casual player who maybe only has an hour or so in the evening to play.

You’ve basically nerfed the region in the most unfun way possible, making docking up for an hour a valid strategy.

15 Likes

And i remember the original iteration of the flashpoints where they had …
drumrolls A 90 MINUTE COOLDOWN TIMER

Most of the whiners should take a long hard look at themselves and just admit that they are not in pochven for PvP, but mainly for the continuous turbokrabbing.
Nullblocs that had the BRM system adjusted to accomodate can’t even be bothered to use their own space because obs money was easier.
PvP is avoided at most times and countered by using the classing N+blob (looking at you Horde) or using cheaper/slipperier fleets (the ishtar meta)

I would have sympathy if all of the above groups actually gave back to the local pochven community and went out on some fun roams or whelp some medium sized janky fleets in smaller or medium gangs. but everyone just logs off after the isk is made.

Pretending you are there for anything else then turbokrabbing before it finally got nerfed (and everyone knew this wasn’t going to last) is frankly insulting to yourself and the rest of the people reading this heap of cope.

9 Likes

Pochven zKillboard numbers (Active PvP (last 7 days)):
December 13, 2022, @ 2050 Eve time

Characters 2,081
Corporations 566
Alliances 142
Ships 376
Systems 27
Total Kills 3,331

2 Likes

CCP did a very bad job.
Do 90 minutes for everyone else too.

1 Like

Now now, no need to gloat just because SVLI doesn’t have the people to run these sites consistently.

CCP trained Salt Harvesting to level 5.
This stops players from using ISK to plex accounts, which in turn makes people either unsub accounts or pay in real money. Of course CCP is hoping for the later.