Pochven Must Burn!

Oh, I’m protecting them, But I like my, oh, what was you called it, ‘shitty planet’ too much to leave. My clan didn’t fight for our freedom just to cut and run.

4 Likes

Thank you for that bit of levity. The absurdity of the idea that Arrendis actually is able to be reigned in by Elsebeth (or anyone) is delightfully funny.

8 Likes

Instead you fought for your freedom so you could give it up to invaders from the Abyss?

2 Likes

She and her family are safe. They live and walk the path of Glorification as Aspirant Narodnya. They are a thousand times better off than the baseliners of Empire space.

The main exports on Krirald III are fish, and other assorted ocean stuff that gets traded for what we can’t produce locally. I kept my family safe, and we have someone to sell to and buy from. We still live on our stretch of sea, under an open sky. Not refugees packed into a station waiting for our daily ration pack.

My ancestors fought for the freedom to choose our own paths. And ours is on this planet.

4 Likes

Sure, except your sky’s red and everyone there’s jacked up full’a bioadaptations so they don’t all die, on account’a what a hostile invasion force has imposed on them. Now since I, on behalf of the New Eden Re-Housing Initiative have evacuated folks from what I’m guessin’ is a different colony on Krirald III than yours, maybe I’ll go over to their new, uncramped, that I done made sure of, homes on Evuldgenzo V, right sat in Republic space, and ask them if they woulda done rather stayed on as part’a the Collective. I’m not all that familiar with how Matari baseliners see that whole thing, but I’m guessin’ they’d say no.

I’m sure they’re doin’ fine, cause the Collective don’t care enough to get in their business, least the Perun ones don’t. Would be a shame if some’a that inter-clade action were’ta take place there, and the Svarog for instance would seek’ta “prove” all them people livn’ there. Good thing for the folks that done got out that there’s no shot anything nearly as dangerous will happen to them.

I would advice against quarreling with tribesmembers who chose to stay.

The Seven Gods know there’s no Minmatar clan alive whose ancestors have not faced the same kind of choice: stay under occupation, lay low and bide your time; or leave your home, live in caves in the mountains, lose everything you got, that niche that made you you.

For those who fought to the last during Days of Darkness ended up dead, the lines of their ancestry broken and the names of their clans forgotten forever, struck from memory by the alien, existential threat.

A good look in your own past could be useful for many before you criticize Hilitari for what they felt they had to do.

7 Likes

Better dead than living on one’s knees. A place does not make a people. The people do. Surrender for a place and the people are no less dead than if they fought. Extract what can be extracted, and mourn those who can’t be. Those who surrendered… pity them.

4 Likes

If Pochven burns, will the ravenous yeast turn into bread ? If so, what kind of bread ?

:thinking:

Forgive me, perhaps I jumped the gun. It’s just that I haven’t met many people who transport medical supplies in combat ready Hounds, or Vedmacs, or Kikimoras. Strange to be on a mission of mercy yet be kitted out for dealing death, one would think a true peaceful philanthropist in an unfortunate situation would opt to use something not so… loud? Oh, but what do I know? Perhaps it’s just en vogue to act and appear as something entirely opposite to one’s stated that intent.

You’re right. Assisting an occupying force defend against the people intent on taking back their rightful space isn’t collaboration. It’s just… well, I don’t know what it would be if not collaboration, but surely it must be something else.

1 Like

I have first hand experience on the Federation’s ‘pursuit of peace and prosperity’, as well as the libertine affliction afflicting your organization, compelling it to openly co-operate with Federal and Republican alike, spitting on the ideals of your Empire.
In the face of your shared enemy? Might want to be a little more specific there, because it is a well known fact that your treachery extends way beyond operations to combat the Collective.

I take joy in knowing that justice has been dealt upon those who would willingly throw their lives away to inflict pain and death on those unwilling to bend to their will. Their objective was complete, only fitting that they pay the price they agreed on when they joined that suicidal charge. My condolences to their comrades and their families for having themselves and their honor sullied by association with such criminals. Hopefully they will follow a different, more graceful path.

You seem to be constantly forgetting both your place and ours in the grand scheme of things. You wage your little ‘war’ against Upwell structures on your own, backed by no-one but those under your employ and those of your aligned lunatic capsuleers. You aren’t the empires any more than we are the Collective. Your objectives have no lasting consequence, your victories or defeats meaningless to all but those that die in your bloody battles and their next of kin.
You think the Collective would reach out to you for peace? You are nothing but a bunch of rabid hounds blinded by your own idealism, your grandiose visions of glorious battle and vengeance, but it is as misdirected as ever. My hope is for our respective patron states to come to an agreement, I am fully aware of the violent nature of capsuleer organizations and how flaky our ‘peace’ can be.

1 Like

If you’re looking at my combat record of lost ships, the Kikimora was lost while doing some missions in K-Space for the Sisters of Eve about a Rogue drone problem, which I’m sure you can admit is an issue for all of us. The Vedmak was going to be used for fighting rogue drones and Pirates in Pochven, and the most recent hound was being used as a way to get around while cloaked and still defend myself. The Drifters disagree, apparently.

The previous one was lost during a combat op, true. But Electus Matari doesn’t tend to cargo scan haulers before blowing them up, so helping assault that structure would make the cargo pilots’ jobs significantly easier.

When I walked into Sahara’s office, she said that taking care of my clan was the right thing to do, and she’d make sure they were protected while I helped Stribog Clade however I could. So far, she’s lived up to that bargain. All the Republic offered us was an evac ship out.

2 Likes

Surrendered? I don’t remember any surrendering.

We didn’t sign any articles, there was no tense meeting over a desk.

I water landed my ship, we shot at any hostile craft that got too close to our clanhome, eventually we got left alone. When the supplies started to run low, I secured a new trade deal since the old ones fell apart. Doesn’t sound like surrender to me.

4 Likes

Us having or not having a structure in Pochven has close to zero effect on the safety of your haulers.

Prior to Stribog’s attack in Skarkon, we did not stage for combat in either location.

I get that. I do. And I respect it, too. I didn’t bring this up as any form of condemnation or accusation, either. The path your kin walk is your own, and it is right that you be the ones to choose it. I just hope your people recognize that in choosing this path, they may well have given up the freedom to ever choose a new one. And that, too, is your choice to make, and it is right and proper that you and your family have made a choice in this.

If at some point you change your minds, that, too, will be right, no matter how the Trigs or other kybers react. Should that time come, if you and yours need assistance in seeing that choice through, let me know.

4 Likes

■■■■■■■ hell, what a ■■■■■■■ day when I have to agree with Elsebeth and Arrendis ■■■■■■■ Culome.

There is no slavery among the Kybernauts. Katya is free to choose, and neither me nor any of mine will stand in her way. That you think it could possibly be otherwise only illustrates how little you truly understand us.

And yet, the Triglavians did shoot down unarmed transports full of people who wanted to leave. There’s no reason to think they won’t do it again.

And, there’s no reason to think that when they have @Seriatim_Foucault order you to blow up those transports, you won’t do it… with an eager, ‘almost childlike jump in [your] step’.

The fact that the Trigs don’t use the word slave doesn’t mean those people who have been unwillingly pressed into becoming ‘Aspirant Narodnya’ aren’t enslaved.

Katya and her kin, I respect. You… I don’t even think you respect.

5 Likes

I like how you conveniently ignore what I said about how there is no slavery among the KYBERNAUTS to make some silly straw man argument about the Triglavians. Yes, SOME of the Triglavian forces fired on transport ships. They didn’t explain why. I presume they had a valid reason, while you presume they did so out of pure, murderous malice. The truth is doubtlessly somewhere in between–but it doesn’t fit either one of our narratives, so let’s just ignore that, shall we?

No living person has control over the circumstances that will shape her life. Lives are snuffed out by war, famine, disaster, accident, and malice. They are shaped by unexpected opportunities, limited by unforeseen complications, prolonged by serendipitous circumstance, shortened by sudden catastrophe. The only guarantee a baseliner has in her life is that it will ineluctably end.

This is truth at the macro level no less than it is on the micro level. For billions of years, evolution has selected winners and losers. Inferior species fall away and new species replace them. That which lives, dies. That which is, shall no longer be. Entropy is the ultimate regulation of all things. And so it is for the human species, no different. Given enough time, the human species will die and be replaced by something that some random chance of biology determines to be superior–because the rule of all creation is adapt or die.

The civilians whose worlds were conquered by the Triglavians have been given the precious opportunity to surpass the confines of their evolution to ascend into something greater. They were never in control of their own destiny. Had they been left alone in Empire space, they doubtlessly would have continued on with lives of pure irrelevance and deaths in abject obscurity. But not anymore. Now they have the opportunity that precious few in New Eden will have–the opportunity to ascend into a new state of being beyond human limitations. The Triglavians merge within themselves the human, the constructed, and the Other: and in so doing, they transcend humanity to become something greater than the sum of its parts. Zorya Triglav offers to shape the base clay of humanity into fine sculpture fit to adorn the next billion years of creation.

Don’t you dare pity Katya or her family. They are blessed beyond measure and will still walk the path of exaltation while the Matari empire crumbles to dust.

You know nothing about me at all, Arrendis Culome. You have never spoken to me for any other purpose than to cast black flames-- all heat, and no light. Much like your posting.

Then you admit to collaboration. It was perhaps your only choice if you wanted to stay on your planet. I can entirely understand, and sympathize with you. I’m sure it was a hard decision. But you made the choice.

If I and mine were to collaborate with the Gallente against the State, I’m sure we would be treated the same as you are now being treated. As enemies. Especially were I to fly in fleets against my erstwhile allies.

1 Like

Except I didn’t. The point about the Trigs was establishing their proclivities, as a foundation for the orders they might well give you. Which you will obey.

I don’t, and I haven’t said that I do. So who’s the one trotting out straw men here, amidst all that blathering about people being forced into bioadaptation really being ‘given precious opportunities’?

Maybe they would have continued with lives of ‘pure irrelevance’… but those lives wouldn’t have been irrelevant to them. And for all your lies, you know less about Zorya Triglav’s actual intentions than you know what color socks I’m wearing right now.

2 Likes