Pod & Planet fiction contest YC120- [edited]: It's happening, thanks to a very generous sponsor

Very short fiction pieces can be lore-based. The story is submitted into one of the three categories, and if it is 750 words or less, it has a chance to when a very short fiction prize. It could also win one of the regular prizes for that category.

But we’re very open to ideas or suggestions for other ways to do it. The whole idea is to provide a venue for writers to write and present their works. If there are better ways to inspire people to play around with writing, we need to hear them!

2 Likes

I want to tell a story.

@Telegram_Sam
I have a good story, placed in EVE. However it does not fall into any of the catagories. :frowning: Its mostly free form, but has some indirect linkings to a very few handful of game mechanics. It may also talk about beacon sites around caladri space.

Tell you what, to give you somewhat of an idea of what I am talking about this could be the starting sequence of the story, although I have to remove some references to “seconds from disaster”, put more visual description, slow down the pace and elaborate more on the starting sequence, and remove the television tone of voice, but it gives a hint on what the whole story would be about, like trying to find out what happened, and what changes were done. Before you click on the link here is a bit of a backdrop to give you even further insight, a Calladri Accident Investigation Bureau officer would be the main character of the story, how ever the officer will not be shown in the beginning section. So here is the link to the starting sequence that has to be changed as well as its title, just read after “Opening Scene:” and don’t read “#joke”. All the other stuff will definitely not be part of the opening scene. Seconds From Disaster In Space : Jita Space Disaster

Also when is this competition submission date?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.