Poetic Justice: A view of anti-gankers failing

It’s not absurd. You believe that your paranoia is “the right kind”, and that mine is “the wrong kind”. I don’t believe I’m misrepresenting you there.

You are misrepresenting my opinion, however. Look at the impetus rationale:

And

Plus

The only reason I brought “psyops” up is because of how absurdly touchy you are pushing back against these very reasonable perspectives.

Simply posting with your main would have 0 consequences for you and let us drop this matter. Except you get to say “told you so” to me with how benign your opinion is and boring posting with your main is.

2 Likes

You are wrong on that, I have had several attempts made against me at the alliance leader level to get me kicked, he is right to keep his main out of it.

1 Like

You didn’t get kicked and you still post with your main. You bring far more transparency and authenticity for doing so than an alt.

We don’t have to agree on issues for your genuineness to be true.

PvP alliances generally don’t care about that pressure, in fact they find it funny, however if he is in a certain type of alliance that focus on keeping out of the cross hairs then he would be in danger of being kicked from the pressure. Two of the attempts involved war dec threats the other involved a nullsec camping threat, none of them materialised, well the camping one sort of did, but was short lived due to some cough losses that they were not expecting…, but weak alliance leaders would fold…

1 Like

You feel they are reasonable perspectives. I personally feel that nothing I’ve posted has been a ‘garbage post’ or is ‘trashing’ the forum.

You call it a reasonable perspective I call it going out of your way to discredit me purely because you didn’t like one of the opinions I posted.

Not unreasonable, not touchy, just engaging with you on the topic you chose. Because I didn’t yield the last word to you immediately I am now touchy about it and not just psyops.

So you aren’t just inflating my danger your also inflating my investment in this conversation. And you say nothing about this is absurd?

Now let’s deal with the first thing you said. You are 100% miss representing me.

I don’t believe there are different kinds of paranoia. You can be paranoid about different things. Paranoia is paranoia. There are however things people call paranoia that aren’t.

If you have a tendency towards it then it’s a lens that will either effect most things in your life or through which you will consider most things in your life.

I’m of the latter branch, I’m aware that paranoia is a problem I have and I have to think about wether it is speaking or my fears are rational most of the time. That however is an MH thing and I don’t imagine the paranoia most people speak of in relation to eve is actual paranoia but more actually a healthy distrust in a game where part of the counter play is deception and espionage.

It’s much the same way people say they have OCD because they like to straighten pencils on their desk. Not because they are dealing with intrusive thoughts and compulsions that actually constitute a disorder. They don’t mean anything bad by it though. It’s just a colloquialism.

If anything my assumption would be that your paranoia is more likely healthy distrust.

TLDR paranoia is paranoia and if you really are paranoid I wouldn’t invalidate that, if you aren’t then your just distrustful and that is fine too. What I’m pushing back against is the core idea that I’m some kind of threat or out to trash the forum with little to no evidence of this beyond a post you disagreed with.

I understand you. You feel maligned and singled out by my behavior due to your feeling of “reasonable” use of posting with an alt, and that my distrust is unearned and uncalled for based on your demonstrated behavior. That’s just me and what I do, because I don’t know who you are nor what goes on in your head, and am distrustful of people that don’t trust the community enough to engage with it transparently. I am bad at changing me in this regard.

As long as you keep participating in the community, I will continue to occasionally poke fun at your opinions and attacking their credibility on the mere basis of them coming from an alt. It’s just what I do. The day you post with your main you have every right to give me :poop: for that. Because to me the most insidious alts are those that masquerade as being “positive” and “constructive” to push a hidden agenda. Mains just move that from “hidden agenda” to benign opinion.

I disagree with a lot of people on the forums. I don’t typically push them the same way I push against you. Please feel free to have the last word, I don’t care about that. You and the another alt JJ – who is definitely “prolific” if not “spammy” – both share that attitude.

It is my hope we are at an understanding, even if a sub optimal one.

2 Likes

I don’t think we lack understanding. I have no problem with you or your stance. I also don’t particularly feel maligned or singled out as I haven’t looked at your post history and don’t know if this is habit for you or if as you say you have pushed further than normal.

We can continue to go round and round the houses on this if you like but only so long as this keeps me interested. I’m trying the forums on, in reality it’s probably more about me procrastinating from the things I should be doing in the real world than having a particular interest in the community. That I uninstalled Reddit recently in order to focus and then signed up for the eve forums is probably very closely linked.

That being said not having a particular interest in the community doesn’t mean what I post is disingenuous. Don’t worry I’ve no desire to bring it crashing down around your house ears even if I had the clout to do so.

Some people are terrified of being hunted down like dogs over a few forum words, meanwhile my posting can’t possibly be any more of a “low, trolly, and incendiary quality,” and no one does a thing.

I’ve been trying for like fifteen years to get someone to attack me over my forum posting, and not a single other player has. I’ve even offered a person ten billion ISK to shut my big mouth for me, and their response to the offer was to have a mental breakdown and quit the game for a few months!

Life is just too unfair sometimes.

I guess the quality of peoples posting isn’t the true issue here.

We know, you’re terrified of the free speech consequences of your own boring opinions.

I don’t have a main but mains, you really don’t want to meet them, they are cold blooded lowlife scumbags unlike me who is a pillar of the community, my role model being of course Githany the Red. I do not want to be associated with them as they would tarnish my good name.

1 Like

But we do like to kill without any npc i have managed 3 cats before npc damage starts to creep in, but 4 of us doing that + any ew and gank fleets are in trouble

1 Like

You live in a fantasy world where you even lie to yourself.

I seem to recall that you made this declaration a month or two before you joined R I O T. You joined them in mid march 2022. I returned October 2021 from a year break and have been playing since then apart from a recent break of a week and a half for Starship Trooper.

You, a war deccer wanted me to declare war on you, which I just laughed at and still do, you then moaned about being unable to put up a war HQ as people would come destroy it :roll_eyes: :thinking: I was so amused at a war deccer who could not do war, I laughed at this ridiculous forum postulating of yours and still do. The mental breakdown was all you for begging someone on the forums that you are chasing after with insults and stupidity to war dec you. I still find this pathetic…

Please note ISD?

Amarr is not a trade hub that I use, and I do wars with my comrades to attack ganker perches which are strategic objectives, someone skulking in the Amarr trade hub is not a strategic objective.

So you can kid yourself all you want, throw your little forum paddies, embarrass yourself by exposing your own minds weakness by adjusting the story to fit your feelings and to tell yourself that you are strong or something like that, but I will just quote back what I think and laugh at you and see you for the weak pathetic forum warrior you are. Yeah you can PvP, but we noticed that you do tend to avoid the big fleets and don’t fight in the main DPS group if you do. :thinking:

I have already been in the middle of an emotive war based on personal dislike between people, I joined hub zero with a chap called Aaron who attracted emotive enemies like flies to shite, it was fun, but I am not Aaron, just to be clear picking me indicates that your target selection simply sucks big time.

There are only few ships able to do that, you would need well over 1000 DPS for that? My Legion can kill a Cat reliably in 2 hits, my Oracle in one but with a higher cycle time and lesser probability for a good hit.

But yeah, the killmails without CONCORD are those that really have an impact and I absolutely believe you that these are the ones you are after.

Also getting 3 successful jams off in an ECM ship is a nice thing to happen for sure :), however highly unlikely :confused:

I wonder what Dracvlad(s) do? :thinking:

This is actually one of the issues with DPS AG. You need to have accurate 5,000 Alpha to destroy a Catalyst fit for ganking with one shot. The problem is that most of the gun types that can do that have a long period before firing again.

One option is a Tornado with split guns, so you can take out two Catalyst. The Tornado gun re-fires after 16 seconds cold and 14 seconds heated. Refiring is not an option in terms of affecting the gank. I like that you are assessing this, because once you do you will realise just how hard it is.

And when I say hard, it is to stop a gank with DPS alone, it is why most people give up on AG.

Right, well catalysts are something else. I do admire even when my target fights back. I meant more alpha strike gankers. There you cannot shoot before and after they shoot they performed their job. So I find these players who pre-targets us and spam F1 sometimes for hours before we shoot really pathetic. That is pure killmail whoring nothing else.

1 Like

YEah I mean I do log in more often if someone wants to chase me, but tbh its been literally YEARS since I had an admirer like that, and every time Im active I at least try to find one.

As said, I was very satisfied with the Oracle.

In my fit it has a volley of 6200 which is enough for a catkill even if it is not the best hit. It fires every 4 seconds, so I can kill like 3 cats for sure, maybe even 4 before CONCORD is on scene. Would be 5 in theory but you lose a bit of time for locking at the start and around 1 sec delay after each kill when the server does not realize that the gun does not cycle any more. So during the field tests on average 3 cats died without CONCORD, on the 4th CONCORD is involved to a degree.

For a Thrasher I would even agree. When it comes to Ruptures or Tornados, its true that their targets die on first strike on many occasions. But there are situations where the first hit is not a perfect one or the target was tanked better than expected and a second volley would finish it. And both the Rupture and the Tornado survive the Sentry Guns long enough to get a second shot off if not disturbed (0.5/0.6 Systems). If you can kill the ganker or damp, td, ecm him, you have effectively prevented the gank. These situations may be rare, but against AlphaStrike Ganks the game allows not that much other options. Well… bumping :), you know what I am talking about ^^

1 Like

The Oracle is a decent ship for this and something I have seen several people use, but it is a bit too squishy for me. I tried with the Abaddon but it was not good enough and sadly it just seems to be too bad in terms of tracking and locking. Thing is that I am a little wedded to the past when I could have a repper there for my DPS ship. Oh well…