Policy Update - Real Life Threats & Harassment

But it doesn’t really matter if you have 0 clear guidelines and completely interpretable things that may or may not be problematic. I.e. you could have done nothing wrong, but because the guy handling is feeling it’s an offense, you would still be banned. Hence, I was asking for the definitions as per my comment above.

1 Like

Exactly what I mean tbh, I meant no offence or aggression towards you, this is the exact areas where it can become some what ambiguous and defy common sense. But doing so can steer in the wrong direction easily.

no offense taken, really, I just use your posts as an excuse to further comment to hopefully get an answer to this very tricky question (that is very often avoided because no sufficient answer can be given :confused: )

Does this new policy work retroactively.

2 Likes

I guess the law is the law and the ethics is a mess. There policies are there policies. Making this complicated by means of entrapment is the only issue here but it becomes an ethics issue in some countries, a legal issue in some, and in some countries you would probably go missing.

What is common can often be wrong. We live in a world where anything that challenges a persons beliefs is harassment. Any disagreement with a member of the opposite sex is sexual harassment and sexism. Everything is a hate crime today. CCP has never been consistant with their policy enforcement. This policy is just a new system to be abused.

2 Likes

Ok, so now that we have that we have a clarification from CCP Games on these matters I have only 1 question relating to the recent and widely known banning of “suspected” GigX alternate accounts.

Reviewing the history of what happened GigX made a single comment in a Private text chat to another player which was subsequently shared. For this CCP Games stood by their Zero-Tolerance policy and have removed him from the game including recent “suspected” alternate accounts as detailed in the image below.

https://gyazo.com/dc61c7b710efcbf86d2eaa2561d3aee9

However this leaves me with a Large unanswered question, After The Mittani violated the same policy but not in a Private chat message, instead on stage at an event hosted by CCP games and in front of a large live audience and a wider stream based audience CCP Games have failed to implement their Zero-Tolerance policy. The link below is Still available youtube and available for all to see at the time of this post (20/90/18) link below.

My question to CCP Games is quite simple, CCP Games states a Zero-Tolerance policy for such actions and yet two(2) people commit violations of the same policy one(1) as we well know is still very much in charge of a large coalition within Eve online and the other banned along with “suspected” alternate accounts.

When does Zero-Tolerance start? Does CCP Games simply make acceptations based upon who you are or what you do in game? Is this simply a case of “provide CCP Games enough income and we will overlook things for you?”

Zero-Tolerance is Zero-Tolerance and if acceptations are to be made then surely it goes both ways? To my mind and in balance of fairness either both aforementioned players should be banned for life Or both players should be allowed to play, even if under a probation period or such.

And before anyone goes jumping to any sort of conclusions I hold no loyalty to either players mentioned nor any alliance/corporation they influence. I am simply taking in the policy, it’s clarifications and asking a question I feel needs asking in the interest of transparency and fairness surrounding this policy.

8 Likes

I disagree Heera-o Helugo it really is not hard to not be sexist, racist or abusive. It is clearly common sense, unless you can show me a legal case study, academic study or ethical study or government statistical based study to back up what you are saying then I can not agree with you.

I imagine CODE gets much of this in the moment.

3 Likes

Dominika_E_gorova it sounds like it is done on a case by case basis. In terms of a democracy I would say if you are unhappy with how things are run you can try and protest it as you have done so, and if you are still not happy you can leave Eve Online perhaps.

CODE can actually be very harassing and insulting at times, often placing bounties on you and sending eve mail if you don’t have a permit, makes me feel bad. This is a clear example of harassment. It is harassment because they keep doing it, I admit I have done similar before but I know when to stop respective of roleplay, these guys don’t, at all.

1 Like

I meant people threating CODE not that way, but whatever.

1 Like

As a female player of Eve, thank you for this. I’ve heard of more than one female player being harassed to the point they’ve been threatened with real life harm. I’m glad CCP is finally taking things seriously.

5 Likes

Well both parties should be banned in my opinion then: Sugar Smacks

why’re ya salvoshin’ this thread, mate?

Guys, all the discussion about past events is pointless - those issues are in the past, and the point of asking CCP to clarify the policy is so that players understand what is and isn’t okay in the future.

From this point forward, it should be clearer to folks what is and isn’t okay and what the potential penalties will be for violating the policy.

5 Likes

I don’t know if people should be banned for a moment of anger.

Not Nazi, German

The Eagle still stands strong (it predates the whole Nazi stuff), and so does the Luftwaffe (meaning Air Force)

Stop being such a SJW about simple stuff lol

5 Likes

so you’re saying every single member of code is like this?

1 Like

Anger is a personal issue, you should suffer the consequences of such criminal actions. You need to take accountability in these circumstances and deal with your anger issues head on.