Policy Update - Real Life Threats & Harassment

How does CCP insure that someone on Twitter, let’s say, who violates a CCP harrassment rule against another player ON Twitter is actually the person they’re after? Not all players use their in-game name on Twitter. I think you’re stepping on to a slippery slope when you start enforcing things outside the game. True crimes commited on platforms outside of the game not owned by CCP are not within your control. You may aid authorites in helping identify someone irl if they commited a crime but to punish someone over something completely elsewhere is overstepping your bounds.

All im saying is CODE blows up some stupid noob miner, he gets angry, spews some stupidity, and is gone forever for it?

No
It’s rp
You need a mining permit to mine, haul, do pve in highsec… it’s the Law of our Saviour

5 Likes

z0rberg to clarify, I have not met or spoke to every single member of CODE, but the ones I have met have been the reason I moved deeper into Null Sec from Low Sec. If you are a member of CODE I apologise if that initial comment caused offence, it was a mistake in my writing and I deeply apologise. However if you represent CODE some accountability should be taken somewhere, it is the Corporation of CODES responsibility going forward to take accountability therein in my opinion.

gotta say he really tickles my anger bone when he declares all of code as assholes harrassing people literally all the time.

you wrote that before my post. well … 's good you’re apologising. I ain’t a code member, but it had to be said.

Maybe ya should also stop reacting to every single post so others have a chance as well. You’re salvoshin’, mate, and when the actual Salvos comes up in here you two are gonna explode the forums.

1 Like

Most points are, just that these 3 here aren’t:

• Racism
  • Sexism
  • Hate speech

There is no clear definition of it and, incase of racism and sexism, the definitions are changing very rapidly. CCP can not demand that players follow every single new idea, especially if no source for decision making is given.

If you ask specific feminists (one particular which is recognized as “credible” by the UN as an example), literally EVERYTHING is sexist, so please: give a proper definition on which grounds decisions are made. It is vital to do so.

5 Likes

Nobody in CODE. does harassment, nor do they target noobs specifically.

We all work by the rules set by CCP (Otherwise we’d all be banned lol)

3 Likes

Well if one person in your corp sets the precedent of harassment what do you expect me to say? However since these new policies going forward I will block you and everyone in CODE I come across. I only want peace and to be left alone by your Corp ideally. No need to send me consistent permit reminders when I am not even in high sec etc…

CCP will determine, in each case, if somebody has crossed the line.

If everybody would just use some common sense and not be douchey edgelords, there won’t be many problems.

7 Likes

Just remember, you may block us, but you’ll still get shot and killed :wink:

2 Likes

I respected this company because it allowed a sense of throwback to better days of online-play banter and attitude that isn’t allowed by so many today.

In your campaign to champion the rights of everyone, you’re easily eliminating that aspect of the game as it can easily be twisted towards harassment given your namby-pamby thin-skinned definitions from what I read in the updated policy.

We don’t need another Riot Games.

4 Likes

I admire your optimism.

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t expect anybody to do that, but they can’t say they weren’t warned if they get the stick.

6 Likes

Annah Tsero This is the thing, your corp does not understand that I am not in High sec.

hate speech, racism and sexism all deserve to be banned and punished, as does everything else this policy mentions -I have been here since the beginning, and i endorse this policy.

4 Likes

We don’t represent our corp
We represent ourselves

Annah Tsero this is not a court of law, I don’t care. Away with you.

1 Like

i’m expectin’ ya to understand that one doesn’t necessarily define the many. i had no idea ya’rr so super sensitive. now i don’t know what’s going on and why’s that the case, but i sure as ■■■■ hope you’ll stay away from 99% of the game, ‘cause it’s lookin’ like ya couldn’t possibly handle it.

I’m just happy the world isn’t yet fully censoring itself for the few people who think they’re more important than all the others just because they can’t handle their own feelings and refuse to seek therapy.

So just so we’re clear here, mate: you ain’t generalising, and i ain’t angry.

all good, have a nice day.

1 Like

While the clarification of the rules is important for future enforcement/penalties, the problem still remains in CCP’s enforcement of their stated policies. Despite repeated reports and evidence of botting, their (CCP’s) response has been uneven or nonexistent. Ditto in regards to harassment issues before this announcement. Until CCP combines equal and effective enforcement to its stated policies, today’s announcement represents little more than a corporate CYA boilerplate statement.

GET THE BANHAMMER. THIS IS OFFENSIVE AND STUFF.

3 Likes