Policy Update - Real Life Threats & Harassment

Love his music.

1 Like

As the one, who was a victim of doxxing once (and petitioned it), I fully appreciate these changes. I also like to think, that I was the one, whos case actually motivated CCP to look at their own rule set about RL harassment, and rethink them, so they now actually protect people and enforce the law. At last.

Stop posting and tweeting Donald.

1 Like

Why would you try to bruise someone with words? That is a form of harassment to an interior personality that you think exists that you are applying your own form of physical abuse too in order to try and shatter their personality.

Why is that? Abusive words leave no marks like physical abuse does. Physical abuse can be tried and proven in a court. How can you prove word abuse?

Simple, use a word of abuse that translates to trying too use the massless to create an effect upon a body with mass.

Not even wrong.

So does that mean attacking asteroids with lasers is a form of physical harassment and if they report me I can be banned? how about shooting belt rats isnā€™t that harassing them too? what about trying to work the market too If you undercut someone by even 0.01 isk isnā€™t that harassing their wallet income? what about sitting in local and not doing anything that takes server load to do as well harassing the electrical flow with unneeded usageā€¦ Just sayinā€¦might as well ban the game from itselfā€¦it violates the EULA.

So apparently my post has been hidden, its again another way freedom of speech is being stamped out when it goes against the status quo, like these words are any less relevant than anything else said in this forum post, and yet my words arenā€™t even as offensive as other postings and yet its directly targeted by certain individuals and hidden, So are you really going to hide my post and directly assault my freedom of speech with your post hiding illuminati propaganda one view post processing??

Cmon guys, dont behave and act like you are so clinically stupid. Because you are not. I dont believe that any human being can be dumb enough to not fully understand the meaning of the word ā€˜harassmentā€™ and ā€˜word abuseā€™.

Stop pretending that you dont know what extreme levels of offence can actually reach such horrible thing as badmouthing.

If you say that any ā– ā– ā– ā–  like that is okay, well then lets say that nazism, racism, discrimination by religion, nation, skin color and sex - is okay too. What??? They are all mainly word abuse!! They cant be BAD!

I live in a country that is striving to define hate speech in laws and make it an criminal act, go do your own research I have done mine.

A new meme is born

Ignorance of the language does not exempt a person from this responsibility!

This is not about not understandingā€¦itā€™s about opposing and ignoring the snowflakesā€¦

Clear words for clear minded people who KNOW that the ONLY answer for an insult is to re-insult oneā€¦and yes even let your fist collide with ones teethā€¦but not run to your mummy and cry at the courtā€¦

1 Like

Offense is always taken, never given.

1 Like

The reality is as harsh as it isā€¦your whishful thinking does not change itā€¦

Maybe your bubble reality life is all pink and all people are good and working for the communityā€¦the life of the 99% that is not you is not that way believe it or notā€¦

So wake up and see the world as it is not as you whish it would beā€¦

Ignorance of the language does not exempt a person from this responsibility!

Removed some off topic posts.

ā€œtoxicityā€ should be removed. its not defined at all, and can cover pretty much every form of interaction in eve. Many would describe the act of scamming ā€œtoxic behaviorā€ under these vague rules, scamming may or may not be a violation.

what SJWs have blackmailed you? i have to wonder.

the SJW cancer has infected eve while i was gone, it seems. For example, in this very thread, look at this post, which has been flagged and hidden:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/policy-update-real-life-threats-harassment/107861/725

i can barely make out what heā€™s trying to say but i certainly dont see anything that deserves to be flagged and censored here. What the hell is going on with eve? are we allowed to pvp still?

Likely they got flagged for spam. Because they keep posting rambles that lose the plot mixing rl and ig. Perhaps rather than getting up in arms have a deeper think.

Too much mention of ā€˜SJWā€™ in this thread - is this the ghost of GamerGate ?

Just people watching too much YouTube and getting triggered by words like ā€œhate speechā€ without actually looking at the lengthy explanation CCP Guard gave what they will do if they think you behave incorrectly (hint: they will talk to you and tell you what they think is not OK and why)

1 Like

There was a public apology from Mittens, he stepped down as CSM chairman and the official punishment ended up being a 30 day ban. Also donā€™t forget this was back in 2012 and the very reason this thread exists it that the policy has been changed since then and is now more clearly defined.
Now looking at GigXā€™s violationā€¦ We can clearly see it was a lot more recent and it wasnā€™t just bullying, it was a threat of real life physical violence and real life stalking/DOXing (trying to acquire a players private information). New policies cannot affect things that have happened years ago and CCP has the sole discretion when it comes to choice of punishment and validity/severity of offence. Not to mention the fact that ā€œReal-life threatsā€ and ā€œHarassmentā€ very clearly defined as two separate categories of offence.
Finally my personal opinion is that either you very much have a horse in this race contrary to what you claim, you literally do not understand how the past/present/future system we call time works or youā€™re choosing to ignore the facts. Either way i hope you have been educated.

With deepest sympathy,
Koss Vha (Some say Kosm)

1 Like

Iā€™m charged with real life threats and harassment type charges and they also try to interfere against me leaving my country for that.
Either way, I want nothing to do with them, not now or ever.

They use that to harass me and threaten me, and to try to justify the attacks against me since , they think in error, they can do as a sort of self-defense, even though the actions they deem illegal are not what they are making it to be, so to avail them and to make them be as they want.

Unfortunately, it would be illegal for me to associate with them at this point.

Iā€™m sure I can quote you quite a few systems patents which are designed at exactly doing what you say it does never.
In fact, I also have to move to go register patents due to those same system which you say they donā€™t.
Itā€™s also to prevent life endangering to public , including threats and threats level.
While to deny someone the ability to do good to society might seem as a viable solution to some, to keep them into discredit, it can hardly be good for society , and itā€™s in fact those who cause it to be that way who create the problem.
In fact, the party denied ability to benefit society should prove the case to use it against the party causing damage, even if he is wrongfully accused of causing damage when he is not.

Itā€™s being good to society while the other option is evil and treacherous. I donā€™t suggest to keep oneā€™s family in those systems, itā€™s not raising them up in virtue, but rather into vice.

Needless to say, I do design systems against that, and rightfully so.
It happens everyday, 24/7.
They never take holidays, and they are even targeting holidays since they can inflict more damage at critical time , policing it.

Being a publisher, CCP obeys publishing rules, and when they get problems take action.
You may or may not agree, it wonā€™t change the fact.
It takes more understanding to figure it out.
It takes more practice to correct it.
Ignorance can kill you and it most probably will.