Politics in EVE

my own experience in the game

people above understood the topic and did not change the subject

they talked with respect within the boundaries of the topic but you did not. you just started to laugh about people who believe in God

Guys if you want to talk about god, existence and religions this forum is not for that. I wish you understand me.

Itā€™s fictional, google it.
Any religion in game has no direct reference to any real world religion to avoid setting players against each other due to real life beliefs/politics. So the best thing to do is keep real life religion and real life politics out of a fictional universe.

EVE Online offers a sandbox since 2003 where everyone can create their own fiction either based upon the lore or parallel to it or even stories that are conflicting with the lore. Can you explain what is holding you back and who told you not to make your own fiction?

No deity intervenes in this game. There are only references in the lore.

TLDR: What a horrible low effort post you made thereā€¦

3 Likes

Bob demands a penance, heā€™ll accept an exploding shuttle containing 3 exotic dancers at the nearest star, and 3 hail Chribbaā€™s.

6 Likes

You are right

I really did not know they do in fact I did not know that the game was made so long ago

sorry

1 Like

I pray Bob for penance. I will fly my shuttle into the deep darkness of null. My ship will be purged from the plane of existence, itā€™s wreck salvaged ferociously. My pod will burst with eternal flames as my lifeless body instantly freezes over, free to be picked up by any capsuleer to use for his own pleasure. Bob will smile as the blasphemy will be obliterated with the rebirth of a clone where my consciousness will be transferred to with the blessing of Bob.

1 Like

You have generated a decent volume of chat, so intended or not, congratulations.

And you are right, we cannot make something from nothing, and words are only keys to unlocking existing definitions, and do not carry any other intrinsic information.

Europe before the EU is the Europe however imperfect in my mind when I think of it even now. What has become of what was I donā€™t have the definitions for, not having lived through them but from afar. So I donā€™t recognize it. To me it became muddled, watered-down, the lines blurred, unique cultures lost.
My closest handy analogy to EVE is the EU as it is now (to me), in all ways a fuzzy blur. No real borders, no culture, nothing to build for but oneself, and nothing to fight for but oneself.

What Iā€™d like to see in EVE is forced roles; for example if youā€™re Gallente then you have a role in Gallente culture, a role in Gallente building/support, and a role in its defense. I wouldnā€™t have 200 odd different boats in the hanger, as with wealth should come responsibility to your ā€˜peopleā€™, and I do not have the playing time available to give that. I could likely give destroyer or cruiser time at best, so would not be all that ā€˜highā€™ in Gallente society. And thatā€™s as it should be if we want to play a game anyway and not just participate in a really expensive way for everybody to cheat at the same card game.
And likewise, if I turned against my culture I would be treated more harshly as a ā€˜traitorā€™ than if I committed the same crime against the same person, as a ā€˜Caldariā€™, because ā€œā€¦thatā€™s just the way those Caldari areā€¦ā€ Ie a Gallente ganking a Gallente would be a far more heinous crime than a Caldari ganking one, and so should lose status to much greater degree.

Somebody knew this in EVE when it was envisioned, the 4 main factions are all the necessary proof. But like the different cultures, even the ships lost definition, and where they couldnā€™t be adjusted the chimeras, the pirate ships, the T2 and T3 boats, etc were introduced.

From inception when it must have looked so clean-cut on paper, to now when every player can be a god if youā€™ve got the bucks, and no matter what you fly or where you come from, thereā€™s nothing that boat canā€™t do within a certain point of view.

So I think you should ignore the politics so as to avoid being the ā€˜odd nailā€™ rising up higher than the rest (so begging for a hammer), and stick with a group of friends. If you do not want to ignore the game politics, then any politics you do ā€˜makeā€™ I feel strongly should be sourced from your racial faction so that others will have a place for your ā€˜characterā€™ in their minds and so possibly reinforce your role-playing enjoyment.

As far as religion and politics being mutually dependent, I have not thought enough about that to venture. I have always appreciated one of Heinleinā€™s quotes about politics, and pretty much feel it applies to religion also:
ā€œPolitical tags ā€” such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth ā€” are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.ā€

Again, good luck.

1 Like

ok :+1:

(you shouldnā€™t have flagged him, donā€™t think that counts as offensive)

(ahmed, you shouldā€™ve waited until I refuted him, so you donā€™t have to delete that. That is correct.)

Pretty sure people think of him as the all powerful being. He may or may not exist, but it is easy to imagine an all powerful being. For example, magic may or may not exist, but we can imagine fire, and a person, so a person going avdakedavra and then creating fire is magic.

Just imagine that, but add all the powers of the world to him, and you get God.

I guess it could be too much trouble to do (especially to update), but what if NPCs did refer to the larger blocs.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C Clarkeā€™s 3rd law (for science fiction)

Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology. ~ Arthur C Clarkeā€™s 3rd law (for fantasy fiction)

Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from God. ~ Michael Shermer

First one I understand, second one I donā€™t, third one I do. But thatā€™s pretty good.

2 Likes

If you read the right fantasy, the second one makes perfect sense. Bamboozle the muggles by pretending the advanced magic is just technology. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, and some even go to the extreme of using both the first and the second versions of Clarkeā€™s 3rd law, in the same books.

1 Like

We need a more colorful man to lead one of the empires. Maybe, an orange coloured man?

And then the narrative can be, orange Man bad.

2 Likes
1 Like

Id vote for him. Lets Make Amarr Great Again!

Hat

1 Like

We need blue men!

2 Likes

2 Likes