Possible for Triglavs to insta pop ship+pod at gate while cloaked?

I’m a little confused here. Is it possible that, while cloaked in a Buzzard, I could get insta-killed warping directly to a gate in Inaya? Both my ship and my pod were destroyed before I hit the gate.

1 Like

If you click warp and then hit cloak, you’re cloaked and fine. What likely happened is that you clicked warp and didn’t cloak, or clicked cloak too early causing it to fail because of your gate cloak (has happened to me before) allowing trigs to lock you during your (presumeably) more than 2s align time and volley you to death

1 Like

What he said. Turns out humans when injected with adrenalin or or just having played for so long can interact with the game far faster than the interface can accept.

1 Like

The barely-visible, faint green glow of the cloaking device seems purpose-built to incite frequent operator errors.

I LOVE MY CLOAK! I don’t even kill them any more, just ram them to decloak myself and aline out.

@ Echelon Moussou I think you read that wrong. I didn’t die on warp out from a gate. I died when warping to a gate.

Not sure, could be they knew you were in route and smart bombed you? Eyes are everywhere.

1 Like

What does your kill mail say?

If you tabbed out in warp, it’s possible that you warped to gate and sat on it instead of automatically warping through, in which moment you were locked or destroyed.

EDIT: to be specific, i’m not 100% sure what causes this, but tabbing out in warp/spam clicking the warp button seem to be the most common causes. The result is that you warp to gate but sit on it and don’t jump through, even if you’ve clicked jump.

@Xeux Nothing interesting as far as I can tell:

2020.07.07 22:28:11

Victim: Derlin Fishen
Corp: School of Applied Knowledge
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Buzzard
System: Inaya
Security: 0.6
Damage Taken: 1434

Involved parties:

Name: Entropic Disintegrator Werpost / Triglavian Collective (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 1434

Destroyed items:

Expanded Probe Launcher I
Vigor Compact Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Cargo Scanner II
Carbon, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Small Memetic Algorithm Bank I
Scan Rangefinding Array I
Relic Analyzer I
Core Scanner Probe I, Qty: 32
Small Emission Scope Sharpener I

Dropped items:

Co-Processor II
Salvager I
Data Analyzer I
Metal Scraps, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
S.I Formula Sheet (Cargo)

2020.07.07 22:28:14

Victim: Derlin Fishen
Corp: School of Applied Knowledge
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Inaya
Security: 0.6
Damage Taken: 453

Involved parties:

Name: Entropic Disintegrator Werpost / Triglavian Collective (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 453

Destroyed items:

Zainou ‘Beancounter’ Research RR-603 (Implant)
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Standard (Implant)
Inherent Implants ‘Highwall’ Mining MX-1001 (Implant)
Social Adaptation Chip - Standard (Implant)
Memory Augmentation - Standard (Implant)
Neural Boost - Standard (Implant)
Ocular Filter - Standard (Implant)
Zainou ‘Beancounter’ Metallurgy MY-703 (Implant)

If you are warping to a gate cloaked, you need to drop cloak before you come out of warp. Otherwise you arrive at the gate cloaked. The gate uncloaks you, then you spend a couple of ticks approaching the gate, completely vulnerable, before you jump.

1 Like

Timing is everything.

@Xeux That could have been it, I guess. It was pretty darn quick so it’s hard to discern exactly what happened.

Oddly enough, I lost a venture in a very similar fashion. Jumped to a gate (that was under triglav control). Warp out was fine, warp in I was suddenly in my pod. Fortunately they didn’t insta-pop my pod that time, but I don’t think they had any installations on that gate. This one apparently was all done by a single installation that locked and killed me immediately.

Steve strikes again.

I heart Steve :heart_eyes:

Who is Steve?

A nickname for Triglavian Disintegrator Werposts, a triglavian sentry post that appears in trig held systems

I sat cloaked outside a station with 4 Steve’s just watching people trying to leave the station or dock up. It was magical .

I :heartbeat: Steve

1 Like

Why “Steve”?

Just one of the suggestions when looking for a name and it stuck.
Therefore he shall be named steve.

Don’t make Steve angry because he like to pod kill people :heart_eyes:

Do the Elle-com ones have a name?