Posting this because CCP wont

Even more amusing but right now is people who think that somehow everyone will forget how to produce electricity.

Bitcoin is well worth the energy put into it. Ethereum probably too. PoS has some serious issues and may be enough for some smart contract or NFT platform, but not for sound money.

Fun fact: all the people here complaining about energy, use for drugs, crime, etc, you all remind me of some boomer talking about video games, it’s even the same arguments.

2 Likes

I got this NFT. WTS for 1B ISK.
Got me a second one:

WTS for 500M.

REDNES

1 Like

As someone with investments, and knowledge in the systems, there are issues with all forms of crypto, as with all current forms of FIAT currency, stocks, and credit systems.

If you think any given one is without drawback, problem, or negatives, you’re an idiot.

Any investments in any given system is going to have its troubles and being cognizant of the potentials is being smart.

3 Likes

Bitcoin/blockchain networks consume somewhat more energy than Norway annually, about 129 TWh (a 2020 estimate). Quick and dirty AI powered math tells me, dividing it up, that’s about 14 average sized nuclear reactors energy production per day that goes into blockchains. All that just to sell people a receipt that says they own a receipt. Now I said 14 nuclear reactors, but obviously, mining, minting etc, isn’t done exclusively on clean energy. That’s the enviromental impact.

You raised a point about videogaming, and that’s actually a considerable user of power too, quick figures I could find were in the 70TWh range annually. Especially streaming (be it watching videos, films or streaming games on twitch) has contributed to the energy/carbon footprint of gaming and internet usage in general in recent years.

3 Likes

I’m not into Bitcoin because it’s an “investment”, but because it’s a liberating technology and came out of the cypherpunk movement. If you think this is just some “digital asset” then you didn’t go down the rabbit hole deep enough yet.

2 Likes

I am of the opinion, largely, that Cryptocurrencies have a place in the future. As more than just investment. But just that, a place in it. And not as The FutureTM. Is that a fair perspective?

15 Likes

I don’t have a crystal ball obviously. But when you look at the current state of the banking system, how in-transparent, clunky, slow and expensive it is to move money around the globe and then contrast this with Bitcoins Lightning Network, that has basically instant finality with almost zero fees, I would be incredibly surprised if in a couple of years this doesn’t build the foundation for basically all payment rails.

1 Like

Which is a fair presumption and outlook, I think. I don’t entirely concur, but it’d be a reasonable potential.

But its signifigantly easier for the Establishment just to reform its timescales than accept coins poohed put of a rare paraquayan llama’s bunghole, if I understand what they are correctly.

2 Likes

I want to make the following clear:

• In late April this year, transaction costs of moving even the smallest amount of bitcoin possible rose to 60$ each.
  • Even before, transactions would sit for days until they were picked up and went through, it can happen again at any given time however.

Right now it sits between 2 and 4 USD again. But guess what happens should demand again pick up in the slightest and the current GPU, general electronics and energy pricing trends continue.

■■■■ banks though.

1 Like

That is the Bitcoin base layer. It’s purpose is to maximize decentralization of global consensus and not necessarily cheap transactions. It would be pretty silly anyway to note every coffee purchase in a global ledger. That is why the Lightning Network exists as a second layer, like I mentioned. There you have fees that are just a fraction of a cent no matter where on the globe you send it, and it’s basically instant, you don’t have to wait for a block to be mined.

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea what you try to tell me mate, sorry :grinning:

1 Like

CCP: We have heard your concerns about NFT’s
Also CCP: We are making extra NFT’s and we’re begging you to sell your NFT’s, we’ll give you more stuff if you do

3 Likes

Would probably be as legit or more even than the crap we’re using now.

That is exactly why I exchanged all of my savings to Bison dollars.

Bullish on Bison

Oh for fucks sake. You morons should be buying crypto and especially Kadena $KDA to the mooon

Ponzi

2 Likes

I only believe in Floki Inu. That is the future of money.

1 Like