Posts about nerfing highsec ganking getting removed

This. This is the unreasonable bit.

You are using this as a justification to nerf ganking when as far as I can tell you are the only person in the history of the game to ever bring it.

20000+ players on the PCU are all “its fine we enjoy the game.” @Carl_Stonewall has an issue on a rp element. Oh my god we must now change everything. Lol

It’s not a reasonable position.

1 Like

You guys have to decide which it is.

Most are saying “highsec ganking almost never happens”

The other side is saying “well its so crucial to the game that it would be a radical game breaking change”

Its like your argument morphs into the current position that benefit you.

At the end of the day, no one can deny that EVE would have a lot more subscribers without suicide highsec gankning and that there is vast amounts of evidence to support this (just go through the forum) from the people who quit explicitly for that reason.

And if you doubt that or CCP does - think if there was a mirror of eve where it was not allowed to suicide gank or it was fixed by removing concord. Which game do you think would have more players?

No its the same 5 super dedicated veterans that love suicide ganking cause its easy kills and they want to feel on top against people that cant really fight back or prevent it due to faulty game mechanics

Did you read all 2000 replies to come to that conclusion?

If so, then you just proved yourself wrong, in that people like you, clearly do read it.

If you didn’t, then you are just writing out of your arse based on your own bias.

2 Likes

This is not correct though, many people consider it dumb and a break of immersion that people just suicide their ships and crews for no reason.

Ultimately it is important for the health of the game, as it is a fantasy game and the world has to make sense. I would encourage you to read the original post i made. The game has lost a lot of players to this specific issue.

Just to understand your argument………You honestly think that creating an environment where players will have “ships for life” reducing demand and making mining and manufacture less profitable is good for industrialists?

You really don”t see the connection between a player getting blown up several times and having to constantly replace a retriever and demand for retrievers?

Nobody likes getting blown up. I’m not expecting you to enjoy it. I’m expecting you to see the connection that the solution to stopping you blowing up isn’t to stop everyone else blowing up. Because other people blowing up is good for you and your career choice in eve.

Getting rid of ganking is game breaking in that regard

1 Like

I was an industrialist starting in 2010 and only recently stopped doing it.

I did not get ganked once. Destruction drove demand for new goods, so what I produced went up in price. If there was less high sec ganking then the prices of things would crater. Also, my peer industrialists that were not doing enough to avoid suicide ganks, were my competition. Every time they got ganked and blown up, their costs went up. Mine didn’t because I put in extra thought and effort into planning. More rewards for me, as a miner and an industrialist.

Since I made choices which were short-term expensive but avoided ganks, long term I was able to amortize my upfront costs more readily and more steadily produce goods with comfortable profit margins. Peers who were suicide ganked had to recoup their costs and spend logistics time getting their industrial rhythm back going.

1 Like

No you are misrepresenting my argument.

“(Saying that im sure some highsec ganker will come now and pretend to be a industrialist who loves getting blown in a unimmersive way)”

It’s both. The number of instances I would say is relatively small in the grand scheme of things. It’s certainly confined to certain regions of high sec.

But we also see gankers hitting freighters which is causing billions of destruction in a single gank. That’s significant in terms of creating demand for all kinds of goods in eve.

What’s more significant 10000 venture ganks? Or 2 freighter ganks.

I don’t think I am

I am not a high sec ganker, and have the killboard proof of it.

Even if I was, the logic is still there. You simply refuse to listen.

It’s clear you are just bothered by me, probably because everything I have said has been genuine and earnest, and I refuse to let you squirm away. So the only thing you have left is to treat me like ■■■■.

1 Like

I like to immerse myself in the universe, and in that universe you get blown up. I like it in null sec cause it makes the game more realistic. Which i consider one of the great accomplishments of CCP - EVE really feels real, sometimes to the point where it feels like real life and gets boring, but its super real, and they’ve done a great job of creating 0.0. The problem is in highsec it feels stupid, illogical, nonsensical and it completely breaks your immersion in the game. This is due to highsec ganking

No i disagree with your argument. I do consider highsec ganking to be breaking immersion.

EDIT: Also i should add that i dont believe you, which might be a personal attack but i really dont believe you’ve been a industrialist since 2010 and only ganked once or a few times. Ive been in the game for 3 weeks and been blown up 2 times already. On this forum i can see that this is a gigantic problem that continues to haunt the game.

That is not what you said:

“(Saying that im sure some highsec ganker will come now and pretend to be a industrialist who loves getting blown in a unimmersive way)”

Say what you mean.

1 Like

EDIT: Also i should add that i dont believe you, which might be a personal attack but i really dont believe you’ve been a industrialist since 2010 and only ganked once or a few times. Ive been in the game for 3 weeks and been blown up 2 times already. On this forum i can see that this is a gigantic problem that continues to haunt the game.

And there we are. Ignore the economic arguments and back to immersion.

Find me an example of one other person in the entire lifetime of the game thats posted on the topic of “ganking should be stopped because they crew of those ships wouldn’t accept being ordered to suicide and it breaks my game head cannon”

Or acknowledge that you are asking for game changes based on an obscure minority position

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my killboard.

Feel free to go through the pages and look for the “GANKED” tag on ships I’ve lost. My killboard is short – only 5 pages long.

No offense but this was about game immersion and you derailed it with economics which is all fine and well, ill talk about it - but it was about immersion originally.

I scrolled as far back as i could - scimming - and i only saw you engaged in nullsec.