Praxis converted into a Mining Ship

Here is the Praxis in an experimental mining ship role.

4 x mining lasers
3 x TII Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers
3,600 m/3 cargo hold
4 x Heavy Combat Drones 0r 5 x Medium or Light Combat Drones
Cap Stable
Adjustable shield defense modulation

A good mining ship for Rookies to use as it provides both Drone and High Slot defensive/offensive capabilities.

Watch out for the gank fleets though.

1 Like

What about that one:
[Praxis, mining buddy]

Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Dread Guristas Co-Processor
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Domination EM Ward Amplifier
Domination Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
ML-3 Scoped Survey Scanner
Domination EM Ward Amplifier
Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
[Empty High slot]

Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Cargohold Optimization II

About 1/3 more yield than a venture, same cargo, tank any ordinary (non-cap) rat in any belt and can clear the belt with drones, if needed.

4 Likes

You want a mining ship to mine as much as it can, don’t you? Why do you fit only 4 mining lasers if there’s room for 6? Is it because of cap stability? Are you going to AFK mine in a limited edition ship that no one would absolutely ever gank because that never happens ever?

What are those missile launchers for? Killing belt rats? Don’t you have drones, which the ship is bonused for, for that?

Also why don’t you use a mining barge for mining?

o/

Weird but on Pyfa the Praxis seems to give bonuses to the yield of mining drones, to the point of being very close to a Rokh with 8 Miner II and 3 MLU II. Probably a bug though.

Rookies would still be better in a T1 battleship if being alpha, cheaper than the Praxis and can be tanky without any shinies, and the yield is only a few m3 less than a retriever, with way more tank but needing a hauler or relying on jetcan mining.

if you want to mine in an unbonused hull, you need to have the max number of mining laser and mining upgrade.
This means, high cpu load.

I made the numbers and the most efficient yield/cpu is reached with 8 mining lasers.

The rokh has the heighest CPU for an 8-turrret T1 ship.

Thus,

carp syndrom
[Rokh, carpal]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Expanded Cargohold II

Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
1 Like

Rated F for Fail.

5 Likes

The Praxis comes with a large cargo hold that allows for around 5,000 m/3 of ore to be mined. A rather good bonus for the Alpha pilot.

This is only true if you are alone and go back to station in your praxis.
The praxis has a long align+warp time, you rather jetcan your ore.

also, you rather be in fleet with an orca boosting, in which case the orca can have a miasmos to share for you to put your ore into station.

Warp yes, absolutely. But align time is better, than that of any mining barge. Without inertial stabliziers. One single stabilizers give Praxis align time of a cruiser, less, than 7 seconds. Just like Gnosis, Praxis is slow but very agile.

Ahhhhh…Reminds me of the good old days when we were doing that with the Rokh. 8 lasers, etc. Haha, good times.

2 Likes

OP wants “rookies” to fly battleships they should not be sitting in …
… because he knows they would be gank magnets …
… which would give him more ammo for spreading his hatred.

A new player should not be sitting in this ship, mining, because it will get him killed.

He knows that.
Everyone knows that.

He is doing this on purpose.

Do not listen to him.

Using the Praxis as a noob, for mining especially, is a really, really bad idea.

7 Likes

The Praxis is a good ship to mine in for Rookies because it gives a bonus too:

1. Cargo Hold that is an advantage over the Venutre
  2. Defensive Drones + High Slot and Med Slot Weapon systems advantages
  3. Is a small bridge from the Venture to Mining Barges

A Praxis, when properly fit can easily out tank a Procurer in both EHP and resistance as well as offensive capabilities.

The main bonus is the Praxis’ offensive capabilities that Ganker’s despise.

Another propaganda attempt by Dryson.

1. Battleships have a too low scan resolution for gankers to care in most cases, and a single sensor dampener takes it out of the equation for good.

2. Rookies do not possess the knowledge, experience or skillpoints to actually use ANY ship against literally anyone in any way that actually makes a difference.

5 Likes

Wrong once again.

Your precious little Destroyer gank fleet must get as close as possible to gank the Praxis.

Fit with Smart Bombs, Close Range high DPS weapons, A Burst Jammer and Target Spectrum Breaker…your gank fleet appears to have become irrelevant.

You are contemplating that Rookies are the absolute dumbest Capsuleer in the environment. A rather tedious shortcoming on your part if not completely contrary to your facts.

I have taken on a TII Assault Frigate in a Navy Osprey and won rather easily. I let the frigate go because I decided that the duel had delivered its results.

Praxis fit with Smart Bombs, ECM Burst and Target Spectrum Breaker.

And again … another attempt to ■■■■■■■■ new players into killing themselves.

The smartbomb would be ship-scanned by the scout, so they would know. All the gankers then need to do, then, is to have a neutral alt close to the Praxis during their attack. When the player triggers the smartbomb, it would hit the neutral, causing CONCORD to blow the new player out of the sky.

The same is valid for the ECM Burst, which is an AoE weapon just like smartbombs.
The Target Spectrum breaker, while an option, is reliant on enough ships having a lock.

3 Likes

Smartbombs in high-sec, really a good idea.
If anyone is going to mine in this fit, please let me know where you’re so that I can go to aid you with some fleet boost :slight_smile:

1 Like

You would CONCORD your own ship since miner gankers almost always have a neutral scout/looter with them. But you probably already know that and try to trick new players into losing their new Praxis.

3 Likes

You would CONCORD your own ship since miner gankers almost always have a neutral scout/looter with them. But you probably already know that and try to trick new players into losing their new Praxis.

Typical hypocritical and delusional comment by a known CODE Bot Aspirant.

CODE Permits are used to lure miners to think that they are protected. If CODE fancies a kill they create some reason to then gank miner.

Not to mention how CODE lures freighter pilots into duels thinking that the duel invite is meant to help them.

CODE = liar, hypocritical and delusional.

1 Like

Like I have stated before the Praxis, when fit properly and due to its multiple use of weapon types, is a very good mining barge.