Proposal for changing Singularity rules and the main combat system on Singularity

can i make an addition?

remove the ability for players to anchor structures in the new system. the lag they cause (particularly on loading) is abysmal

2 Likes

i remember the solace test server that was fun times

1 Like

Then give the people with them the ability to copy them but not able to contract sell or trade the copies

i remember solace. i smartbombed 100 gold magnates xD fun as hell.

and yes ccp should seed faction modules not deadspace or officer,just faction.
also ccp forgot to seed praxis battleship :smiley:

I have a great idea ccp… Make Size specific CA’s so people in super carriers and titans cant kill people testing there battleships, cruisers ect… Please do this , as it would make sisi a better place…

here is a good example… http://prntscr.com/jfgzse

just because a nemesis warps to ca1 and doesn’t cloak and doesn’t move doesn’t mean we should seperate CA’s
but ok

Eh, Its not just that, that was ment to show that there are people with tracking titans… And those titans can kill small crap

i think you guys should keep the /copyships in

I totally agree to your answer to No4, ECM beacons on the station and gates within 6-CZ49, this has been abused for as long as the server has been active due to the inability of CCP to police this rule they imposed, the moment you get sorted to do a test in your faction modded ship there is always a “trolltard” or 6 sitting on the station popping people for the hell of it. This will become even more annoying if the /copy ships function is removed without dealing with the T2 market limit, the probability of people using the server for what it was intended has already diminished since its launch, i used to partake in any mass test on the server but as of late there are too many people just annoying others.

1 Like

copyships is useful because most of the ships i use are faction/deadspace fitted, and its much more difficult to find that stuff on sisi unless I wait for a periodic mirror, it slows down my testing of various things i want to practice or try on sisi before i do it on TQ. if deadspace and faction mods were seeded on sisi, it wouldn’t be an issue. any response to this problem?

I think some changes to Sisi are overdue at this point - I’ll address each point made by Habakuk with my thoughts on the suggsted changes

Replace the seeded station with seeded Upwell structures

I think this would be a good idea - considering that stations are going to be pretty much obsolete anyway over time - plus the being able to tether makes it easier for people to undock safely - however consideration would need to be given for ensuring that people can actually leave the undock (a beacon which prevents bubble useage for example within a set distance of the Keepstar/Sotiyo).
Being able to produce super-capitals for those people who want to be able to test them instead of having to spend a great deal of money on TQ in order to do so is a good change - although this would require faction/deadspace modules to be freely seeded on the markets in order to make this viable.

Move from 6-CZ49 to a Sov system

This is self explanatory and would work quite well, in terms of location - Recommending something like EC- P8R or 93PI-4 in Pure Blind - both are fairly close to Low and high sec systems and give access to a fair amount of null sec as well for those who want to branch out

On the other points…

1. As above - 93PI-4 or EC-P8R cover all the criteria.

2. I dont think this is going to be a problem, those people who want to build and test super-capitals won’t be using them just to be a dick, those that will are going to regardless - plus as has been suggested if this is a concern - make sites which only certain classes of ships have access to in the new combat system in order to reduce the problems.

3. Fighting at gates should be kept as it is - with the combat sites people should have no need to fight on the gates and this would allow people to move in/out of the system with ease if they choose to.

4. Good idea - this should be put on the new Upwell structures and also include the deployment of warp bubbles by HIC’s and 'dictors in order to reduce the amount of trolling that takes place.

5. Copyships is a useful command, I dont think that this should be taken off unless faction/deadspace module seeding becomes a thing - as a good majority of fits on TQ require them, and if Sisi is supposed to mirror what happens on TQ, I cant see why not.

6. As suggested already, combat beacons to restrict the class of ship that can get into that area would make this not needed.

1. I have nothing to suggest, and defer to the suggestions of others.
  2. Supercap proliferation is already an issue, and the bad actors contributing to the problem won’t stop whether or not this is implemented.
  3. Gates should be a no-combat zone, as transiting to/from the system would still be needed for exploration and out-of-system testing.
  4. If the goal is to prevent abuse, this shouldn’t be a question, and should be considered a ‘must have’ for the combat system.
  5. Removing the /copyships command would be a major problem. As others have stated, without Faction/Officer modules seeded in the markets, it’s impossible to do ‘TQ Equivalent’ testing - as SiSi testers would be (and are) testing with LESS than what TQ has available. In short: Seed Faction/Officer modules and this stops being a problem.
  6. As others have suggested: add in hull-size restricted combat sites, which cannot be entered by anything but the requisite hull or smaller, in the SAME SYSTEM. This makes a sub-cap combat system needless and allows all testing to be done more conveniently - while limiting the impact of griefers.

I otherwise think the proposal is sound, although I would prefer the following:

Prevent, or severely limit, the number of other Citadels allowed in system. If necessary, use a neighbor system for Citadel testing, as the quantity of Citadels in the current combat system is needless - with people simply setting them up and leaving them to clutter space.

Implement a SiSi specific way to appeal to moderation/support for assistance with griefers/bad actors. Trolls and griefers are going to find a way to be a pain in the ass, regardless of what testers want, and regardless of what CCP wants. There MUST be some way for testers to reach out to CCP in cases where griefing is causing an issue, otherwise these proposed changes will do NOTHING.

1 Like

Hey!

Thank you for all your replies! A new mirror will be coming to Singularity soon (either at the end of this week or at the start of next week) and with this we will also activate the main parts of this Singularity changes. We will post the final rules when the mirror has been deployed, but here the current status on the major open questions:

• Regarding which system: head over to this thread and vote for one of the potential system!
  • Both a Keepstar and a Sotiyo will be deployed in the combat system.
  • /copyships: We are still planning to disable /copyships, but with a change to market seeding:
  • Market seeding: We will add all faction modules to 100 isk market seeding. Deadspace and officer items will remain not seeded for now.
  • We will probably keep the rule against warp disruption bubbles at gates (and maybe also near the main structures) - at least until we have a good solution for automatically killing bubbles.

Habakuk, What are the plans on for super building? Thanks!

It will be possible to build Supers in this Sotiyo.

Ok, thanks and will the sotiyo itself be seeded?

Players new to the test server may not know about slash commands. Gates are where a lot of (involuntary?) PvP happens on TQ so I understand why folks want this backdrop. But, let the noobs in :slight_smile:

In the OP you suggested an anchoring-preventer beacon, sounds the most elegant solution. But this would be more eve-like: QA Auto-Cannon - range: visible, favorite food: bubbles Give it a polling interval of like one minute, I think that’s the shortest time in which a bubble can be anchored.

Yes, the Sotiyo will have a seeded market.

One of our ideas would be a special NPC (similar to the fob NPCs), which roams through the system and targets all bubbles. But anyway - we will investigate these options further, but it will not be in place for this mirror.

1 Like

thanks