Proposed devs idea to flag rookie and SOE epic arc systems ingame

“could” what? to take loot from a missioner? - most of the suspect baiters doing this all day
this is not a fiction, this is real

Then CCP must know about it, if it’s such an emergency. Why haven’t they done anything against it you think?

Could this:

“Could” doesn’t mean it happens but now you say it does all the time.

That’s my point.

CCP knows about this, therefore they made this “anti-griefing” rule with the selected systems.

If the affected systems would be marked (visuals) then players like suspect baiters or ransom guys simply just do these kind of activities in other systems - which activities are totally normal and not against any rules of EVE online by default.

I understand that but I bet these players who “grief” the others know about that rule but still do it because there are no repercussions so making it more obvious isn’t going to help anything.
Personally, if they can get away with it I say more power to them.

That’s your opinion, but to be honest I has real concerns how much player really know about the marked website at all or if you do a poll and randomly select 100 systems from High-Sec area, and ask the players to mark only those where “griefing” is not welcomed, I believe the result of the poll will be NOT 100% perfectly filled…

therefore I am asking the devs - IF they have this kind of special rule, then please make it more visible in the game.
(I call it “special rule” because as I mentioned above, if you do any “griefing” activities out of these systems and especially against a not new player → then all these activities are not “griefing” anymore and players can do these without any further punishment by customer support team)

Yes it is. And what you write down is also your opinion so I don’t know why you point that out.

There are tons of information not necessarily known to all players. You’re going to ask for obvious markers for each one of those? CCP would be doing nothing but that for years as the amount of information for playing EVE is staggering.

It doesn’t have to be. If someone is too lazy to go get the info it’s not up to the devs to do the job for them.

I am asking only one change, not for “each one of those”… please read the starting post again.

Sure, players should know everything about EVE :smiley:
I am not sure that you are really play this huge and complex game or just trolling me.

Do you know about the ISK manual? It was developed by Hungarian EVE players many years ago and it was so huge and complex that CCP just take it as a “semi-official” ISK 3.0 guide to the new players.

Do you know all those information and knowledge by heart? If yes, you are so perfect, but I think it is not a brave statement to say this kind of knowledge is not usual in any game but especially a complex game like EVE.

Feel free to raise a poll and ask the community, if it is 100% perfect (after at least 1000 submission) I will send to you a special glass of wine ingame :smiley:

Let’s see if CCP devs will do it then. No need to argue about something that’s not likely to happen.

yep, let’s see I believe - at least - it would help
thx for the comments!
fly safe mate o7

1 Like

You got that proof or

And they can either choose to fight them or not. How is that griefing?

based on the CCP rule if it is happening in the selected systems against new players, these kind of activities are defined as “griefing” - regardless how the “victim” is responsing to these kind of actions (fight back or not)

This brings up a nagging question for me.

If the game being brutal is driving out the snowflakes, how come the game was at its peak when there was no handholding at all?

2 Likes

Thank you Captain of the Good Ship Obvious :smiley:

I notice however, you’ve provided no proof said griefing is actually occurring.

I happily await your delivery of said proof.

Happy flying capsuleer!

People have discounted my theory and yet I firmly believe it is true :smiley:

As well as I. The problem is CCP.

I still can’t believe that CCP did nothing to mitigate the damage after the mass extinction. I worry that CCP likes what is happening and will just keep blowing smoke.

Mate the biggest proof is that this rule exists - and it was created in a later period of the game, to response these kind of activities.

So, the tricky part is that there are activities what players can do against other players.
And if it is happening in 99.99% of the systems, it is fine / totally normal.

But there are some selected systems, where if a player doing these things → it will against the “griefing” rule.

Therefore - at least to reduce any unnecessary conflict between players vs players vs CCP - the proposal is to visually distinguish these selected systems.

Is it will solve the issue at all? Of course not, but I believe it will reduce the conflicts to a level where it will be really minor.

Let’s move the whole NPE to Pochven, new players should wake up there, and who makes it out alive with a ship gets a reward. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

why don’t they just prevent ganking, or add an in-game notification that ganking is “cyberbullying”.

What a fantastic idea. Sometimes you really do deliver Aiko.

Inviting noobs to duel, or baiting them to shoot on suspect, or just throw around yellow cans and shoot them if they take it.

At least according to GMs, that is griefing new players and I received a warning for this when I did that while I was still relatively new to the game.

Stealing mission critical loot qualifies as well