Prosperity Comes To Intaki At Last

I-RED is a different machine then what it used to represent.

Me though, I’m still the same with a little less regulation to hold me back.

7 Likes

The irony is that the Caldari have a society that most closely approaches the ideal, and I have no small amount of admiration for their cultural dedication to market forces determining most aspects of life.

Where I begin to take issue is when the largest corporations turn their mutual defense contract into a power-invested third party - that is, a government … and then are willing to not merely entertain the idea of a State Executor, but actually allow one to take power… that was a tremendous misstep.

The recent elimination of the position, disowning of Heth, and rehiring of arbitration to resolve disputes is a step back in the right direction. Now if only the Caldari State would keep the Caldari and lose the State. Go back to a joint effort of private enterprises instead of attempting to organize as a united body politic - the natural instinct and work ethic of the Caldari do not need overarching, resource-hogging entities with no oversight to provide them direction.

Oh, and by-the-by: Freedom is a way of life, not a religious belief.

2 Likes

It wasn’t, really. Our model helps us to stimulate growth of every corporation, to be stronger, wealthier, smarter than the opponents. But when an external enemy threatens our whole existence, it’s logical that we unite to fight the threat together, as one. As soon as the Federation will be destroyed and all responsible for their atrocities will get the justice, of course it will be way more profitable to live again in peace with neighbors as a State of Independent Megacorporations.

Mr. Heth was the National Hero and the best what happened to the State in the last 200 years. He managed to return us home from Gallentean oppressors. Unfortunately, Mr. Heth, while being a hero, showed incompetence as a leader and couldn’t lead the State when he was needed. And when the leader doesn’t lead and does nothing, his position was disowned with ease.
Anyway, he lived as a hero and died as a hero, and even if he doesn’t lead us, we are grateful for him for liberation of Caldari Prime and for his meritocracy reforms, which made everyone in the State to live better and our corporate machines to work smoother.

It probably is. Just like it is a way of life of a criminal to violate laws. Just like it is a way of life of disgusting adulterers to forget their spouses. Just like it is a way of life of a traitor to abandon nation that gave them everything. These are all facets of the freedom, an ideal of lacking any bonds, would it be laws, morals, love, friendship, loyalty, regulations, codes. Humans live in societies and we make our own bounds and bonding together. People who break bonds and get free are just scum.

And yet, it is just their way of life and thus their problems.

When I reference to freedom cultists, I don’t reference these types who choose freedom as a way of life. I reference these ones, who try to push others to break their bonds, to betray, to commit crime… I reference these ones, who grab weapons and oppress others for the sake of freedom, who kill and destroy with foam at their mouth and rage in their eyes.

These people are the cultists, they are the fanatics, and they are deaf to voices of the reason.

D. Kim, Strike Commander,
State Protectorate, CMC,
Caldari State

1 Like

so you

3 Likes

Hello! It seems you’ve written something that is objectively garbage. As a citizen of the Federation, I’ve had the wonderful liberty of choice in many aspects about my life. One of such aspects is my choice of employment. Lately, I’ve decided to take up a part time job as a trash compactor.

Hope to meet you sometime!

6 Likes

Just how many people commenting live, or have family living, in the region under discussion? I’m hearing a lot of opinions from a lot of people about what they think about this new development. The Intaki and the people of Placid note your comments but I’m sure that they’ll go with what they feel is right for them, whether or not that meets other people’s standards or expectations for freedom.

3 Likes

Last nights operation involving Ishuk-Raata Contractors has further proved your willingness to operate alongside well known pirates who actively blockade the Ostingele solar system on a daily basis. This initiative is a sham.

1 Like

Hiring/inviting people that kill ships in null security space far from the influence of CONCORD to assist you in attacking an otherwise entirely benign economic installation is the very definition of piracy. Perhaps the pot should not be calling the kettle black?

There is no moral high ground to stand on here - the malice and aggression exhibited is fueled purely by irrational bloodlust and jealousy.

3 Likes

Your group has been engaged in piracy and acts of aggression against not only the ILF but common Intaki industrialists for years. The information is easily found by the public.

Your installations and activity in the Intaki solar system further bolster piratical elements and this is unacceptable.

You clearly don’t know the Ishuk-Raata, we stand for ethical prosperity and free-trade. Plus monthly economic reports from our retail department continue to show growth in the Intaki sector, jealousy has nothing to do with this.

2 Likes

Interesting choice of words, considering you’re arguing against a market equipped freeport.

3 Likes

Kala, dear, you should really allow people their little hypocrisies. Of course everything is always qualified with “by or with people we approve of” – free passage, free trade, free expression, peaceful coexistence. That’s how civilization works.

You don’t point it out. Nobody wants it pointed out; least of all the people who don’t realize they’re mentally adding it. That’s the “civilized” part in “civilization.”

You just quietly take their money when they need some heads cracked. It’s more dignified for everyone involved.

7 Likes

The Intaki Liberation Front will have dedicated 11 years to the people of Intaki later this month, working directly alongside them on Intaki Prime, and across the Intaki colonies throughout Placid and beyond.

The vast majority of our activists, staff and volunteers, whether baseliner or capsuleer, are the very people we work to support.

4 Likes

Free Trade is not criminally induced anarchy which is exactly what these people seek.

1 Like

Miss Hikare,

It is an all too common tactic for an organization to label those that they disagree with, “Pirates”, when the reality is that as capsuleers those who use the term against others in seeking to appropriate the moral high ground are in effect no more than hypocrites for engaging in the same behaviour.

For example, it seems I-RED is at present labeling your organizations as pirates but what does your organization do?

It:

a) sells goods to be sold to capsuleers on the SCC markets for purchase out of a freeported upwell structure.

b) it engages in combat activities against other armed capsuleers.

Is it to be believed does neither themselves? They do, and it is a fundamental hypocrisy to label others pirates for activities they conduct themselves. More so when I-RED are not a law enforcement organization, they have no carte blanche to enforce the law, nor do they operate with any jurisdiction beyond what is allowed by CONCORD as an independent capsuleer group just like yourself.

You are a capsuleer group and so are they and the thing about capsuleers? We all operate under CONCORD mandated extralegality and extraterritoriality. We cannot break any laws because we are free from them, inversely we cannot be protected by any laws because we are free from them. The charge of piracy or criminality as it regards capsuleers forms nothing more than an act of vigilantism based around the pretext of, “I disagree with the people you might have to shoot to pursue your interests.”

Which really is all this is to me. You and yours are pursuing your own interests under the same rulesets every capsuleer is afforded and the recriminations are nothing more than excuses from those who think you should not be allowed to do so.

Frankly, until you actually fire upon civilian traffic or impede commerce from non-capsuleers, then any allegations of piracy is simply asinine.

3 Likes

It is good to see certain faces coming together again, interesting really.

2 Likes

What exactly are we being liberated from again? I think there’s a wide discrepancy on the usage of the term “freedom” and it’s not always clear what we’re supposedly being freed from. So many people and groups promising freedom too, if only we just support them and their efforts.

2 Likes

In short: Federal oversight.

To properly explain the socio-political context that gave rise to the Intaki independence movement, the excessive policies of previous Federal governments in reaction that movement, and the policies that continue to this day, would derail this particular thread too far from its intended subject.

That said, it is all too easy to focus on what it is we seek to “be liberated” from. It is something I have spent a lot of time debating on these forums in their various formats. Instead, I now find it more beneficial and fulfilling to consider all the things independence would make possible.

Our movement is one of aspiration. Should we not be ambitious and reach for our potential?

It has been a long time since I last spoke publically about Intaki independence. Perhaps our nadir has passed and it is time to speak again.

1 Like

If Federal oversight is so onerous, what would the ILF replace it with? An Intaki version of what we’re supposedly breaking away from, or something else and what would that be?

I’d be happy to research this myself if you’d be so kind as to point me to some reliable sources.

3 Likes

Then consider these actions to be the free market at work.

2 Likes

I’d like to step back from my de facto role as public correspondent for 4FUNN, and just make a shoutout to @Diana_Kim and the State Protectorate fleet that intervened in the hostilities yesterday, for possibly the most confusing and hilarious engagement I have ever had the pleasure to witness.

I especially enjoyed the resolution of your conflict of interest after landing on a fight between two allies by only firing on 4FUNN members, and then promptly bailing. Unfortunately, our logistics team was continually being distracted, else we might have comfortably continued to completely ignore the 40 Feroxes on field.

Congratulations on the kills, and well done. I am still trying to figure out whether Revenent calling you in was a case of amusingly poor intel gathering or some genius-level intellect masterstroke that escapes comprehension.

Hope to see you all again Monday!