Protection for newbies required

If this is your solution and your answer to the problems of this game we don’t have to wonder that people leave…

You are more the “don’t trust statistics that don’t align with your agenda and only argue out of your ass” type though.

2 Likes

Okay, but what was my anecdote?

You know that doesn’t really work unless I offered an anecdote, right?

Do you know what an anecdote is? (be honest)

I too would leave a game that forced me to play so I can play. Of all the goals you could have as new player, trying to grind for plex from the start is possibly the worst goal.

Tell them to play and enjoy the game instead.

2 Likes

But who would get to buy his plex? :joy:

1 Like

Plex has lost its meaning now only serves for speculation in the market.

This has nothing to do with what I asked (nor its context)…

Is this an appropriate venue to advertise the bridge I have for sale?

A desirable brick built structure with arched ceiling, set in a beautiful location with riverbank views, there is a business opportunity to gather tolls and a complimentary goat farm included.

3 Likes

Does it include resident trolls too?

Nah, currently vacant; I’ve been told the climate is conducive to the cooling of silicon based brains, so any troll that takes residence doubles their IQ.

2 Likes

That’s BS Ima. It’s BS because it doesn’t fit the narrative that new players are instantly ganked out of the game as soon as they spawn.

Think of the mother ■■■■■■■ children!!!

:):sunglasses:

there is already protection for newbies, it’s called Comon Sense :wink:

2 Likes

Most people never injected and trained that skill book.

3 Likes

Lets say once more:

This is game for fun not for griefing
Everybody must enjoy the game not just few, that must be ccps goal and primary task
Features illogicality and contradiction must be cleared ot once for all
Game HAVE potential, just CCP must realize it in full
To prosper CCP must encourage healthy non toxic behaviour and community
CCP must enforce clear and fair rules ingame

• Newbros are not children we need to care for endlessly they are gamers locking for a spaceship game that maybe involves shooting spaceships.
  • It is very very rare that Newbros are complaining about those mechanics it is almost always older player claiming to speak for the Newbros.
  • Every measure to make Newbros more secure will remove them from the spaceship action that may actually hook them to the game and will be abused 10x more by older players to make their doings more secure.
  • There is simply no evidence that Newbros are singled out or under onslaught from older players. All metrics from the past, metrics from killboards, even the newest CSM minutes state that Newbros are not the main target.
  • There is no evidence that removing New players even further away from the conflict will result in them sticking with the game. All the statistics CCP presented point into the direction that ship loss to another player is the most important part for a New player to stick around.
  • The promise that there are millions of potential players just waiting outside ready to join EVE if only we nerf mechanic X is a lie and an obvious attempt by the author of such claims to change a mechanic in his favor and nothing else.

If you are concerned that Highsec is such a mean place then look at the data that comes directly from zkillboard: Where are new characters getting killed?

Even within their first 90 days, the BIG MAJORITY of kills happen in low, null and wh space and not in highsec.

6 Likes

You have right to be self-decepted you paying money for Eve and you can demand whatever you want just like me.
CCP is owned by PA and reporting to PA and MUST follow PAs directions and orders.
That is big difference now.

Yeah, and they make a PvP sandbox MMO as well, so I’m not even sure where the source of your hope comes from there.

1 Like

1 Like

@EveDataRules added a pretty sweet interface to see where new, and even all players are getting killed:

https://www.evedata.org/killmailStatistics

It shows what one might expect: less new players are getting ganked or killed in wars than ever before.

I’m all for making making wars more “fun” and accessible, and crime too, but this idea more new player protection is needed is not only addressing a problem that the statistics say doesn’t exist, but also is counter-productive to all the other retention data CCP has shared that says these interactions keep players, not push them away.

If anything is lacking, it is the difficulty of new players to form and grow new groups in the face of the war mechanic. I hope these upcoming changes to the war mechanic open up the social space for newer and casual players.

4 Likes

Newbros need education and direction, not protection. They leave out of boredom because they have no plan or direction. They feel losses are painful and meaningless and they go. It’s only once they have a project that things start to make sense, without it’s only boredom and pain.

3 Likes