Protection for newbies required

Is completely beside the point. Same for nullbear, gankbear, decbear etc.

EVE has always had differing factions and play styles at each others throats. And always will.

Here’s what matters. What the new overlords think will give them the highest ROI. If that means moving PVP to arenas, then that’s what we’ll get. If that means removing a single server model, then that’s what we’ll get. If that means adding walking in stations / on planets, then that’s what we get.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people that will leave the game, but there will be even more people joining and staying. That’s the reason for buying it. It’s not a labor of love for them, it’s an investment.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

And you REALLY think that PA’s solution for a game that does not make enough profit with the current amount of pvp is …MORE pvp?
Or even leaving the amount as it is?

REALLY?

Well think twice :stuck_out_tongue:

But regardless which conclusion you draw does not matter…

Oh agreed, 'tis but a label.

Here’s what matters. What the new overlords think will give them the highest ROI. If that means moving PVP to arenas, then that’s what we’ll get. If that means removing a single server model, then that’s what we’ll get. If that means adding walking in stations / on planets, then that’s what we get.

I have no doubt that Eve will continue to change, sometimes in directions that I don’t agree with, but such is the nature of life. If the game does change into something that I wouldn’t consider Eve with PvP being arenas only, multiple shards and the like I will simply donate my stuff to whoever can make the most explosions with the proceeds and lament the end of an era.

1 Like

It’s your right to do that…

You will leave and others will join…
This is also nature of life…

But denying the need of a change simply “because we did it for 15 years like this in this game now” as many do is simply mixing concrete to cover the fear of change with it…even before yourself…and this is NOT healthy…not for the game nor for the person…

1 Like

You have been grossly, GROSSLY misinformed, sir.

1 Like

Good marketing campaign do that in no time.
I mean REAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN no CCP slacks.

You mean those pure propaganda statements to calm down the voices of doubtness right?

Well propaganda is what it is…only half the truth at best…

You sound like a flat-earther.

Change for the sake of change is a pisspoor development choice tbh.

As a trader, industrialist, miner and mass murderer of NPC’s I’ve managed just fine for the best part of a decade. I don’t partake of explosive PvP and generally avoid it, which is easy if you can be arsed to put in a little effort; effort being something that you appear to be grossly ignorant of, along with taking responsibility for your own choices and actions.

3 Likes

You’ve got protection in eve already, seek for it in the game, it is there, not in the forum, neither the company running it, I don’t care how much they make, could make , or would make in terms of monies, I really don’t give a damm, and instead of insulting and complaining, you could be more humble and ask how to do things in a safer way…
if you had not been killed or destroy your ship I bet you wouldn’t be complaining and trying to change it, change yourself instead, will be definitely easier for all, and seek for help there, in new eden, not here, you won’t get it…
good luck!

All this was bad excuses for lazy developers to enjoy North Atlantic summer and drink thru long polar night and put subscribers in charge of “creating content”. They were so easy that did not create proper rules but leave generic: “Everything goes” …
But life is sometimes humorous and behaves like a boomerang and now for them “Everything goes” and all their rules, 8 golden rules, customers will make content and rules etc. etc. etc … falling apart and now if they want to keep their jobs they will have to accept all that burden on themselves and also to produce results and profit.
Subscribers will become special snowflakes and developers will have to fight to keep as much as they can and to attract new ones.

I think that’s not relevant , neither related to the main cause here, you may think you are smart , but you are not, that’s off topic anyway, waffling about the business of the company ,
let me tell you,
you haven’t care at all about respecting those people’s jobs and efforts to make it better, great people whom put all this in our hands to have fun along years, eve is how it is, might be you’ll end up playing some mobile thing where there is no ganking, and the fights happen into an arena, like bull-fighting, awesome, no one dies except the bull or the idiot getting in front of it…
I don’t care, but I wish you accept it as it is, stay and bring your friends to learn together in fleets with experienced pilots, and one day we can have a battle where we all may die after overheating burns all active modules, that would be fun.

That was vision which drove CCP close to bankruptcy :blush:

fit what??

Let’s see, they bought TWO sandbox games because:

• They are butt hurt to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars and will finally have their revenge by ending PvP
  • They like sandbox games and think they can make money at it?

Your hopes in PA are both desperate and misguided.

2 Likes

They bought CCP to get EVE: Echoes, Eve Online is sidekick.

again with the monies…waffling…

in addition you’re wasting your time with other posts too, like Cloacking devices
and what is worst, other players time…
no clue you’ve got… at all…
not relevant,
– standings now…
end of story.
you are making yourself red to all with this rubbish, lol

If we want to found right solution for “Protection for newbies required” we must start by proper reasons. We all want to CCP and Eve survive and we enjoy this rich game.

If some part of gameplay ( ganking, unlimited fighting, Everything go, No clear rules … ) almost destroy CCP and Eve then it must be eliminate so CCP and Eve can prosper.

Simple as that.

Weren’t you quitting months ago…

2 Likes

He quit undocking.

He got a profession that doesn’t require undocking. Buy plex with CC and trade it for “skills” and blingy ships.

Eventually he will undock and lose said ship and then we will get one more big tear burst and…

…another bear will replace him.

4 Likes

I think,
time to create some Ganking alphas is near…:smiley:

2 Likes