PSA: Project Awakening

Interesting fantasy you live in. Who’s alt are you?

If im not living in a fantasy then you are. But i wont hold it against you

I thought you said you were leaving, why are you still here?

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Thanks for confirmation. I wasn’t entirely sure you were the same person, but that seals it.

Im not sure what the problem is, but its all good. Have a nice day.

As to the op:

from Project Awakening: First Details Revealed

Powered by the Carbon Development Platform and MUD by Lattice, CCP Games is creating a persistent world bound by digital physics, where composability and programmability will enable players to build and collaborate on top, outside of and within the emergent game environment - unlocking boundless creativity for third-party development via blockchain technology and cryptography.

This also means that ship geometry might end up being pretty dynamic, allowing for players to design their ships in a similar way to Avorion. That kind of seems difficult to manage with the carbon framework, but I guess we’ll see how it all unfolds.

the next closed playtest starting May 21, 2024. PHASE III will allow players to engage with programmable game systems and build their own features and functionality within the world.

It seems like the game will be designed as a frame work for 3rd party development to implement their own ideas into the game and potentially get paid for that development (which was something Hilmar talked about in that interview I linked above.)

And of course, maybe even the biggest piece of news:

As part of today’s news, CCP Games is also excited to announce its commitment to making the Carbon Development Platform open source, allowing programmers and game developers to access the Carbon game engine framework and additional components for free.

So no one needs to be concerned about api licenses.

I was about to say earlier that open source is pretty much anti-NDA and lot of tech runs on open source software. So claiming NDA is standard industry practice as if thats a good defense of NDA seems silly.

Someone also seemed to talk sense into CCP in this regard, considering they are open sourcing the carbon framework and components? But thats the engine that runs EVE Online and its clunky from a player viewpoint, probably also a developer viewpoint? Maybe open-sourcing parts of it, can make way for some substantial improvements :slight_smile: Lets see

I think it is going to be Aikotopia.

I’m actually curious how high this will pump, how fast it will die and how much collateral damage it will cause in that few months.

:popcorn:

2 Likes

During the initial playtest in May, an NDA would probably have to be signed. No different than ISDs or CSMs. They sign NDAs as well.

What is not liked is the frequent distractions to core product development. Board games, VR, next there will be a trading card game and a mobile app with Gatcha mechanics, except in Belgium where loot boxes are illegal.

Once again, different dev team, outside funding. Stop complaining.

I can forgive the initial ignorance, but when people keep telling you guys it wont take funding away from EVE, maybe give it a rest. You look rather foolish when you keep harping on it.

1 Like

Different teams can work on different projects you know that right?

The team in london is working on vanguard not the iceland team.

Is it being developed by CCP or not? If it is, it is a distraction, if it is not, why is it even posted on this forum?

Vanguard is another distraction. Nobody is overtaking HD2 or Escape From ‘Wiggle Me Timbers’ Tarkov anytime soon.

Once again, different dev team, outside funding.

Do you understand what those words mean?

Take it up with the op.

Apparently Eloken/dchill/westfarhn thinks every single ccp dev should be on eve online and nothing else.

1 Like

The world is full of ignorant people.

1 Like

On this point I must make a correction
I concur that there is misdirection
Eloken sounds like a bell
That rings like REDACTED REDACTED
The others have more alts I could mention

1 Like