PvE only systems shouldn't be a thing, but --

They have a tendency to label their demands as opinions, and then using freedom of expression as a foil to silence dissent. But “CCP when are you going to fix high-sec ganking?” is not the same thing as saying that high-sec ganking should be removed, and then outlining a series of supporting arguments for the position; the former is clearly not an expression of opinion, and they hardly ever do the latter. Most (genuine) anti-ganking threads are merely vitriolic rants/rage-quits after taking a loss. So it’s super-disingenuous to say that we complain about other people having opinions when what’s really happening is that we’re merely attacking their attacks, but let’s face it, this is par for the course for him, so we can’t exactly be surprised.

3 Likes

Then gankers are actually doing a service to save people.

Any PVE player running a mission or a combat site, or a miner that kills rats, ends up murdering far more people than gankers do.

If we are considering ship crew, the PVEers in EVE are by far the biggest psychopaths in the history of the Universe. Collectively they murder tens of millions of people every day.

2 Likes

Let’s look at one of the most recent garbage dumps that were shut down that are still up and visible on the forums:

No presentation of a perceived problem and a proposed solution, no rational discourse outlining justifications for wanting specific changes, just rabid complaints and demands out of anger.

1 Like

You mean like this one?

Incursion income has been declining for 2 years.

Most of your posts make it clear why you’re not playing EVE anymore. You’re simply not keeping up with the actual game and instead relying on your (mistaken) perceptions of “back in the day”.

1 Like

By the same “logic” we all apply - Raven’s whine isn’t something I agree with, so it was definitely a whine. Blade’s whine was something I agree with, so it wasn’t a whine

2 Likes

You people still arguing and whining about getting killed in a PVP game?

4 Likes

Boy you’re really stretching there, aren’t you?

Line 1: accusation
Line 2: rant
Lines 3 and 4: demands

I see exactly zero expression of opinion in those four quoted lines. Additionally, there is no genuine presentation of a problem, as one would need to be accompanied by an explanation of why it is a problem in order to be defined as such.

I see multiple instances of wording used to denote opinions in that post, such as multiple instances of “should,” a mention of personal experience, etc. Additionally, there’s at least a rudimentary definition of a problem (the spread of false information), with some semblance of justification by saying that they weren’t Alpha accounts, which is used to warrant the proposal for these people being banned.

You’re so bad at this. :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: etc.

1 Like

Yea I definitely get a little too edgy at times. Not gonna deny that. It’s hard not to though when presented with endless ignorance. Especially when most of my posts are pretty damn spot on.

It also get blown out of proportion because people who complain about PvP in a PvP game have noticably thin skin. God forbid someone say a “curse word” :rofl::joy::clown_face:

2 Likes

An extremely silly argument…but then most have come to expect such from you.

Conflict is the apex of the game…toward which all other efforts contribute. Thus there is a hierarchy of activities and yes, those at the higher level of the hierarchy can and should exert dominance on those at the lower levels. That is the entire essence of the game. At least it was until whiny carebears came along.

No I’m gonna move on to whining that pepperoni pizza has pepperoni in it. I am being forced to eat pepperoni when I buy one, and its outrageous that the manufacturers don’t make a non-pepperoni pepperoni pizza for people like me.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::skull:

why you hate pepperoni so much?

You’re straw-manning again. I never defended anyone. I only observed that what Bladewise said was consistent with expressing opinions, and outlining a problem and proposing a solution to it.

You rely on fallacies way too much for someone who’s trying to role-play as the forum’s well-adjusted, moderate voice of reason.

1 Like

PvP isn’t Players vs Pepperoni ?

1 Like

Empire space is Losec and HS

1 Like

Ew.

Exactly. Most ganking is done for profit. With some lulz thrown in.

These posters know this. Their whole shtick is just to get it removed so they can safely AFK thru high sec.

LOL wut. Not really bro. Risk simply has to match reward. There are 3 SoE hubs. Easy enough to stockpile and JC between to avoid Hawk.

Then play another game :smiley: There are tons out there :smiley:

Sure you do bruv. Sure you do :smiley:

Oh? Drop some names :smiley:

No one actually ever says this but you :smiley:

But they did choose it. They chose to play EVE :smiley:

Sadly true. I loved being a pirate but we were broke much of the time and that was even when piracy was at least a little bit more viable.

I would absolutely love to just be an actual low sec pirate again but it simply isn’t feasible. You can’t fund your lifestyle thru that alone anymore.

Then post with your main bruv :smiley:

The original devs loved classic UO. So uh, not carebears :smiley:

Actually it’s because you’ve been proven a liar several times over :smiley: You have no credibility my boy.

Sure you do bro. Sure you do :smiley:

As I said, its so disappointing when you realize the creator of the plan is a quafewaffle LOL.

Watch out. He has a whole huge logi fleet yennoe. It’s bigly :smiley:

Yep. And we know it isn’t your main :smiley:

Oh really? Then why didn’t you use him when you went to grief Altara? Esp since she would have recognized you off the bat huh?

We know why :smiley:

ROFL. We all don’t go back and redact like you do :smiley:

Sure. Just move 3/4 missions to low, all ore but trit, all ice, all incursions and FOB, and only allow T1 abyssals to be run in HS.

Then I’ll sign off :smiley:

Watch out. Remember Grampy has a whole ganker fleet of alts. Somewhere.

This. It isn’t nubs being ganked.

It comes down to people not bothering to learn the game they are playing.

This. This attitude of defeatism and victimhood. I’ve seen it in other games too and it boggles my mind.

Ah so you admit it’s opinions you have and not facts.

Cool :smiley:

ROFL you went after an ISD directly my guy.

This is rich coming from you :smiley:

It’s so fun when he slips up and then tries to overcorrect like this. It never lasts tho ROFL.

The new Caldari sovereignty in Nullsec in Syndicate says otherwise.

either way i was refuting her statement implying Empire Space was only HS

Is tethering PVE or PVP?

Ah, yet another of your devious and dishonest arguing methods. Making assertions people never made. I see Destiny also called you out on that.

Of course, there’s a huge difference between a game being subject to minor incremental fixes and adaptations over time…and changes to the very core nature of the game. Chess has had a few rule changes over time, but it is still fundamentally the same game. If you changed chess so much that it became poker, it would not be chess any more.

So your entire ‘immutable’ thing is just sheer dishonesty.

One would hope that the International Chess Association has a suitable standard sardonic response to ’ I think chess should be completely changed and be exactly like poker ’ customer letters.