PVP questions

Hey all, I’m a newbie for EVE and its PVP.

How do I find people to fight in lowsec and in nullsec?
For lowsec I find sitting in outposts doesn’t get me fights and it takes 10+ jumps and scanning each system and its outposts just to find a fight, which is 20-30 minutes average I would say.
Usually I end up afk jumping and afking in outposts where in both cases I just browse on my 2nd monitor to the point where I’m not even paying attention to the game. It’s like I’m not even playing an actual game.
It’s boring & repetitive to the point that I already lost all my attention for the fight or I just don’t notice the person and where I will intentionally take fights that I will obviously lose because I am tired of waiting to actually get PVP gameplay.

What is possible for T1 frigs to fight?
Is kiting the only way to win a fight with a t1 frig against higher tech/faction ships?

I’ve been flying nothing but T1 frigs and most of the time I don’t even know why I lose a fight.

You should utilize the map and zkillboard. The ingame map will give you statistics on how many players are in space on average, number of jumps, etc. Use it and burn to locations with high activity.

It’s not the only way, just a safer way.

We would need to see what you did to know how you lost a fight. Or you would need to explain in detail. Either way, good luck and fly dangerously!

Faction warfare. You can sit in novice plex in t1 frigate and decide, if you pick the fight or let it go. Use this map to see where it is hot (just ignore Tama system) and fly there.

1 Like

Are you able to to enter plexes as a kiting ship?

Welcome to EvE!

Yes, but if it is not empty, it is probably a bad idea… Your opponent can sit on a warp-in point and scram you before your overheated MWD get enough speed.