PvP vs bullying

Anything else you’d like to add to that?

1 Like

It shows how much bullying is an issue to deal with we’ve seen no input from @CCP_Falcon or another CCP member, as it is a hard subject to handle, no matter the environment it happens in.

2 Likes

Censured

2 Likes

It’s actually more accurate to say “older people” and “younger people”…claiming a generational advantage is just a cliche as the older generation ALWAYS claims superiority meanwhile forgetting their own issues when young.

4 Likes

Censured

Oh you old people…come on grand’pa…

:laughing:

1 Like

Easy answer, when the aggressor is taking sadistic pleasure in inflicting as much pain as they can to the other players, blow others up sure, but when they make it a point to go beyond that then it IS bullying, we were once all kids and we knew when we were “rubbing in the salt” for the pleasure.

2 Likes

Censured

2 Likes

Could be that it’s only gone weird while they are offline. Not saying anything about causation though.

And you teach them by kicking them in the b@lls.

1 Like

EVE Online is not suitable for SJWs and weaklings, Hello Kitty Online is that way :arrow_right:

4 Likes

Censured

1 Like

All pvp is bullying. All of it. Call the police and tell them how the meanies in the spaceship-shooting videogame you play are shooting your spaceship in that videogame.

In the EULA we all agree to before we can start eve it says everything in eve is owned by CCP, not us. Soo…nothing in eve is our property in the first place…
You want to send people to jail for what happens in video games? Well…there will be a lot more people in jails then…but sure…not like society has any real problems…

“What are you in for”
“Murder of a sentient mushroom, 147,678 counts”

1 Like

Not every game is for everyone so if their mindset does not fit the game the best advice is to choose something else that they will actually enjoy playing.

2 Likes

Censured

I responded to this thread and people who call pvp bullying and other such nonsense. Try to read things within context.

2 Likes

Censured

1 Like

You still ignore the context just to can complain about something. And no, there is no insult there, just a simple note of fact, perhaps stop being overly sensitive? I know that would be all too easy.

EVE is not for SJWs who think pew pew in a PvP game is bullying, they are the equivalent of “stop rapin me check your priviledge” when someone disagrees with them in this case “stop bullyin meh I did not consent to pvp” and also the usual “think of the chidlren”, complete nonsense.

EVE is also not for the weaklings. Those who are not strong enough to accept the loss of pixel spaceships and playing a game in general are just that, too weak for EVE, nothing insulting about it. They literally get offended when playing chess and someone defeating them in a chess game and if they are also SJWs then call being defeated in a chess game bullying.

So nope nothing offensive or untrue about it. Perhaps play the game for what it is and you will have no issues or play a different game. Nobody is forced to play this game but someone earlier even said something along the line of young people these days can’t disattach themselves from a game thus “forcing” pvp on them is bullying. I won’t even start explaining why and how severely wrong that thought process is, if someone can’t see nor grasp that they likely never will.

The issue is pandering and embracing weak mentality, not PvP in a PvP MMO.

3 Likes

Censured

Sure I’ll add some more thanks for the invitation. “Many youngers” is at best an exaggeration. I don’t know any people who can’t tell the difference between game and reality age aside.

As for ‘bullying’ in general the only super obvious public case I can think of in eve history is the Erotica1 incident and the victim in the reports from it was a married man whose wife stepped in for him at one point. I wouldn’t call that a “younger”.

Maybe you need to lay off the bullying of young people because you saw a couple of YouTube videos.

1 Like