PvP vs bullying

Actual ive only posted what is classed as bullying, never said pvp was bullying.

I may have gone a little to far into detail on the topic, as its something that is ways floating around my household as a topic.

I sense that and have no problem…people talk about what they know. It’s just I suggest that maybe you are too sensitive to the topic because you are “always” around it.

Bullying is bad…but not everything is bullying. And CCP has pretty good tools in place to prevent anything from going too far. The rest is up to the individual, parents, teachers and whatever flying spaghetti monster you happen to believe in.

2 Likes

The case of the logs those have already been sent through to CCP.

There’s the problem, some can’t tell when bullying is bullying or just standard game play.
And its no a straight black and white situation, as some people can see bullying starting and instead of getting bullied they counter it, by changing what they are doing.
But in some cases the person doesn’t see it as bullying and in must cases never do as they fall into a victim mentality and accept it as normal, till the day they get pushed to far and break.

Its not a topic many want to talk about. Many ignore its even happening, or say its just normal behaviour. Its only after the ■■■■ hits the fan anyone says anything, but in most cases the bully has something over others that the whole thing get brushed under the carpet.

Its a very had thing to police, as victims don’t generally report it, due the fear of worse.

In some cases bullies (real world) will use performance reviews as a means to get rid of people they can’t bully, to be removed from they reign of power.

2 Likes

It’s a tricky line that’s for sure and education is key…

You’re “killed until leave the game” example of where I don’t think that’s bullying. It’s a dick think to say yes but blocking that person solves that problem…everything else is PvP. If you can’t fight that person, hire somebody who can, corp-up…use an alt elsewhere…etc.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, that could be seen as a treat (as you put it from a dick), and until it’s acted on you’re most likely right, though if that person has been doing that to multiple players then that could change it to something else depending on what angle you look at it.

As you say its a tricky one.

1 Like

Exactly. If I hounded one player for weeks, that could sound bad. If I explain that the person constantly was taking my PvE arenas in my local systems them nobody would ague my actions.

Perspective is of utmost importance and sadly, keeping it these days is very hard.

3 Likes

I have bullied only a couple of players out of a system. They were so annoying that I had help from the locals. Some people just need to go sometimes…

Edit; I still have them on my sheet list, but I don’t go after them.

I don’t think the OP is suggesting PvP is bullying. He’s suggesting that things like trolling for minerbumping.com content via tear extraction is bullying. It’s not, but you guys are having a non-conversation.

2 Likes

School is a real life captive situation, this is a game.

1 Like

Doesn’t make a difference if school ground, work place social media (twitter, facebook, etc…) or a game, it’s still bullying.

To say its different is why this is such a touchy topic.

As others have pointed out it’s not a straight black or white things, as there are many factors to take into account, including personal views.

3 Likes

We are PLAYING pirate, scammer, thug or I suppose bully, but we are not actually pirates, scammers etc.

Earth to @dewk

3 Likes

Well, miner bumping isn’t, but there will be a point where it does turn into harressment/bullying.

Each case has to be looked at individually, you can have guidelines, but that’s all they can be, it then comes down to individuals involved, as an random onlooker won’t have full details of what’s happened and happening. Short of seeing the interaction logs*(chat and game interaction)* anyone outside of it is speculating on what’s happened, and if the victim has been pushed into a state of victimized mentality.

But the chances are they don’t even know they have been made into victims, until someone talks to them about what’s been going on, and even then to get that information would require very carefully worded questions to get detailed info.

Even doing that can have effects on a bullied victim if done incorrectly.

1 Like

No…

Well now you have said something new, I don’t think we have seen this before even on the old, or old old forums :rofl:

Maybe we could have an Outreach Program to educate newbies on how to know when they have been victimized?

We could have model ships and they could point to where their ship was hit.

OMG :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

Unique content 10/10

3 Likes

I know that, there’s no need to defend yourself.

Only reason to defend yourself is if you have been guilty of bullying or think you might have.

As most bullies will try to turn things around to make a victim the starter of the situation and the bully will try to make it look as though they were actually the victim.

It’s a classic tactic for bullies, but you’re just trying to point that out in your own way, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, well most noobes just jump in boots and all, and never do starter mission or read guides.

There’s a whole topic on why noobes don’t last long in EVE. And one was the whole boots and all mentality, or I’ll already know how to play games, don’t need help…

2 Likes

My wife’s sisters friends cousins mailman’s uncle is also an expert and they said play or don’t play just don’t offer excuses for getting beaten.

4 Likes

Wait wait wait. People getting mad at losing a shooter where the objective was to literally kill every remaining player would also be victims of bullying?

3 Likes

Ya, but they don’t know they are victims, that is why we need the Outreach Program:
EVE Victim Outreach Program

1 Like

If you were to read the context the fortnite referred to how many youngers get so hooked on a game they have a hard time seeing difference between real world and a game.

Poke as mush as you like, but you don’t appear to have even thought about what this topic is about, and the underlying issues.

Is easier to poke fun at someone than actually do something constructive.

2 Likes