[Q2] Blocking Warp Core Stabs from FW Acceleration Gates

Yeah I could but what would be the fun in that ?

1 Like

That perhaps the dev gets a notification and actually answer your question or have a better chance to than hoping heā€™ll see your question in the shower of countless other posts?

Well I have several uses for stabs in plexes other than to evade combat but I would gladly give them up to get rid of ships that donā€™t fight. So I donā€™t actually care but my guess would be slightly contrary so I wonā€™t bother saying it.

I think it is mostly against bots and earlier discussions here brought up that if not stabbed they will fast align and/or pre-align instead to escape on the slightest notice of danger. So there is surely place for discussion and bringing in opinions as such could greatly aid the devs making related decisions.

So if you would rather have a different solution then it is beneficial to share it especially if you even have a suggestion for the solution but even without it.

I personally think it is true that there are other ways for risk aversion especially in case of bots which can instantly warp away (with a proper fit) even before anyone actually reaches the plex (using d-scan and/or overview recognition in the botā€™s script or whatever which a bot can react to much quicker than a real player ever could).

Though I am not knowledgeable enough to offer a solution myself but I see the issue. Though with that said it can be a temporary solution until a better one is conceived.

This is true but that is bad enough without having to fit 3 scrams to catch them making yourself entirely helpless against any non stabbed ships that happen to be around.

Bots are not intended to fight so they rather have the extra safety of stabs than other stuff and also cheaper that wayā€¦ I guess. Well at least that seems logical but am no expert so canā€™t be sure. This is why I think it still can be a somewhat temporary solution of sorts but not a permanent one.

Iā€™ve killed hundreds of bots mostly I catch them on star gates not at the plexes. because they donā€™t have that extra time to escape while you are still exiting from warp. A bot usually becomes inactive once it is successfully pointed they just sit there and let you shoot them without retuning fire or trying to escape.

everyone in the militia has access to implants for their respective factionā€™s sensor strength type. In conjunction with a single Sig amp or eccm scripted sebo, you have a high chance of catching that fit easily and killing it before the second cycle, while still being somewhat pvp viable against other things. This is why I asked for a repurposing of the navy Maulus as an anti-ecm ship with a sensor strength bonus. Gallente would be the right faction to have it anyway.

I stand by the real solution being that the problem lies at the feet of defensive plexing overwhelmingly, if not entirely.

How about blocking pirate faction ships from novice plexes.

I ā€œT1ā€ pirate faction ship has two bonuses, has T2 tank, and is T2 fast. Which effectively makes it T2ā€¦

Let us look at the T1 Incursus 3/3/4 layout, bonus for armor rep and hybrid damage, 400/450/500 shield armor structure, 45/135/370 power cpu cap.

Now lets look at the Garmur. 3/4/3, bonus for rockets/missiles range & damage bonus for scram/disrupt range. 680/590/560 shield armor structure. 38/178/400 power cpu cap.

T2 Frigate timeā€¦Enyo. 5/3/4, bonus for hybrid damage, optimal range, tracking speed and reduction in MWD sig bloom. 372/879/1196 shield armor structure. 50/155/450 power cpu cap.

While the Garmur isnt as good s a T2 assualt frigate, it is FAR better than any T1 Frigate. But still better if not on par with a T2 interceptor or Tackler. Which also cant get in Novice Plexes.

I love pirate faction ships, but they are effectively T2 ships that alphas can fly.

And give the Minmatar the sensor damp bonusā€¦ because target painting is a joke for EWAR.

Target painting is an under appreciated form of highly effective fleet ewar, in my opinion, and I love killing pirate ships in novices.

I have each of the EWAR skills trained to at least 4ā€¦ TP being my first. I like it but it isnt that useful other than getting on killboards and helping the FC point out targets. Or having my cat bat at my screenā€¦ which is always fun.

But as far as fights where the FC wants EWARā€¦ most dont care if a dedicated TP ship is in fleet, they want the damps or jammers.

Paints are more helpful in damage application, not damage mitigation. They are like webs with a huge range. Gold if you are a skirmishing FC

The last few fleet fights I have been in have Dreads, carriers, and battleshipsā€¦ which are pretty easy to hit because they DONT move fast. So Target Painters have been pointless. A dedicated jammer cruiser or BB can do more for a fleet in that case than any TP. You remove one damage dealer from the enemy fleet or kill their logi chain with a jam or a damp, and you will destroy them.

If you use HAW dreads too, you should take a serious look at the power that a paint has to make a difference. Almost better than a grappler. With a grappler? Itā€™s stupid. In a good way.

Damping or jamming his Logi behind him will have a greater effect. No more cap, no more armor, no more a lot of things.

Dont get me wrong, I dont HATE TPs, I just find them not as useful as ECM or Damps. Even weapon disruptors are a fair bit more handy than TPs.

Paints have their place, is all Iā€™m saying, and unlike jamms, they donā€™t miss. Unlike damps, which rely on scripts, early locks or positioning, they are always effective.

I agree they have their placeā€¦ that place is unfortunately not as widely useful as damps or jams, or really weapon disrupts.

It is very rare I see fleets moving a bunch on the grid, when compared to a 1v1 fight or small fights of destroyers and frigates. Which is where I can see TPs being more useful, but even in that case they arent as useful as a disrupt or dampā€¦ which can effectively take a ship out of the fight. Or a ECM jammer that WILL take a ship out of the fight. And god forbid a burst jammer which can take whole sections out of the fight.

ā€“ But on the topic of FW plex with warp core stabsā€¦ They arent the problem, it is honestly the Novice plex system letting Pirate Faction ships in them.

Doesnā€™t matter if I show up with a Daredevil or an Atron. Farmers gonna run. Thatā€™s what the thread is about.

If they run then they arent plexing.

I do plexing when I am not in fleets. And there is nothing more frustrating than when you finally get a T1 frigate fight, someone comes jumping on grid in a Pirate faction frigate and obliterates both of us.