Quantum cores make stations unaffordable for Joe/anne Sixpack, average EVE player

Because they are not valid. Because they rely on “it was better before”, which is just wrong.

You liked it better before. Does not mean it was better in general.

How can I be making it up when the very post I’m responding to proves my point?

Right, I can’t be. The truth is actually that you are an entitled man(woman?)-child

Actually, you understand it your own way. Quite biased.

Maybe try coming out of that tight mind frame you did put yourself into?

Anyway, content will not happen. And that is out of discussion.

Actually, I know far more about this game and its mechanics than you ever could. You say in your OPINION Citadels should have less upkeep and I am saying that it is FACT that this is a MM(multiplayer)O. Balancing an MMO requires much consideration because no matter what your intentions, you have to consider how different types of players will use/abuse said content.

It is FACT that cheaper/safer citadels lead to less players having to band together and overall less MULTIPLAYER content (what’s the point in blowing up a structure if it doesnt drop anything and is owned by a 1 man corp) which is obviously bad for an MMO ecosystem considering most of us are here for the MULTIPLAYER part.

no.

It is interpretation, and opinion.

Learn the difference.

EVE was objectively a better game in the past. You can take away all arguments about PvP, carebears, et cetera, and that’s still the case. The old CCP didn’t act like a bunch of corporate conference table jockeys, and it reflected on the quality of the game. They added meaningful content, and made meaningful changes. Then someone dropped a dollar in the water, and all the money sharks woke up. So we started getting “$800 jeans” and every single change made had the intent of making the existing player base roll more alts. And as they did that, the old guard, composed of dedicated PC gamers, started getting replaced by mobile gaming transplants.

When I talked to people in the old days about what other games they played, there was talk about other MMOs, CS 1.6, Medal of Honor, et cetera. In more recent years, you know what kind of response I’ve been getting? “I saw the banner ad while playing Candy Crush on the subway and it looked really interesting.”

Yes, EVE was a better game in the past.

By the way, I actually did perform an honest-to-goodness experiment on this a few years ago, and did some “spaceship game” searches in app stores and on my mobile browser and such, and started getting EVE online banner ads.

This is your EVE now:

2 Likes

I would agree with you on this, but Eve is more a game of alts outside of the big alliances. Even in those massive alliances you need more than one account especially if you have the larger ships fax alt,cyno alt springs to mind plus the main toon that flies supers and titans. How many that are really logged on everyday take away the alts people are using, and watch the numbers drop. I am narked at CCP but as I have stated I will more than likely re-sub in a week or two get my training queue back up and running. I hated it when CCP took away paying for clones, also when they added a safe space to carry plex in. Dumbing down the game for casuals Eve was always meant to be hard and punishing.

A different clientelle is playing these days instant gratification etc etc. I did like the bad old days can flipping and stuff like that good times were had, sitting in old man star at the sun in a ■■■■ fit cruiser getting my arse handed to me. These days FW is just a way to earn vast amounts of LP and thats about it. The game has changed and will continue to change most of the time I bleeding hate it.

I never take anything for granted the asthetics are awesome apart from the solar glare, it’s still a niche game imo, as for citadels not worth owning as a solo player with one acc, your gonna get ■■■■ stomped period.

1 Like

This is the one that drives me up the wall in particular.

They took their flagship PvP feature and literally turned it into the game’s most safe, farmable PvE element. JFC.

2 Likes

Objectively

Better.

Choose one.

I don’t have to.

If for example I kidnap you and chain you to a radiator in my basement, your life would’ve been objectively better in the past than in the present.

And yes, I am pretty much saying that all of us EVE players are gimps today.

Unless that event was in the past and we are now in the future of that present

HAH ! McCandless Flawless Victory!

We need Billy to come here and warn us about the pitfalls of time travel.

No, objectively better is a nonsense unless you talk about commonly accepted definition of what is good or not.

There is no “objectively better” for games, since everybody has different taste on the topic, so it’s always subjective.

Funny you should say, theres a pitfall near him right now that ensures he has no future

1 Like

Or unless I lived through things that would mean being kidnapped with an idiot something funny.

1 Like

Everyone has different tastes for radiator models and handcuff styles too. Some people prefer the normal police ones, some like cable ties, and some just want a good old bicycle chain tying them down.

And yet, I can guarantee to you that your life would’ve been objectively better before you were tied to my radiator, than after. You’ll just have to take my word for it. :wink:

Since it relies on your word, then it’s subjective.

Well thats just doing it wrong then isnt it.

Honestly youll lose more clients than you imprison with that attitude

Yeah it’s kind of an ongoing issue I have.

1 Like

I’d just like to point out that no hands were hurt in the making of this thread or any of the replies I promise. Subjectively or not. :rofl:

3 Likes