Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

SOLUTION:

2 Likes

Quantum Cores is just a lame idea to make up for the core design mistake of Asset Safety which removed too much risk.

I’d rather have no Asset Safety on my structure than this, at least that way each corp controls what they are willing to risk which is how EVE is supposed to be played. Also that means you never know what will drop. A pre-priced drop is just dumb.

These devs are sandbox amateurs, we are nearing a point where they will have ■■■■■■ EVE up so bad that even a new “real” dev team couldn’t fix it.

5 Likes

Asset safety and the preposterously low cost of upwell structures. Shouldn’t they cost 100x what they do? These are huge structures that you can literally dock ships into.

3 Likes

That too, they catered to the “play house” crowd and this is what we ended up with.

Yeah, CCP loves to keep throwing sand into the gears of their “friendship machine”, especially in HS.
All players have to realize that CCP has tended to sacrifice solo and small group play for providing more NS whale activities, whether those are actual people or industrial strength botting. Gameplay is almost exclusively designed around the impact it will have on any NS entity, probably because they are the ones more likely to both abuse it and be whales. They want to keep the multiple Omega accounts people “subscribing” because it adds to their bottom line, not realizing that the smaller players tend to be hurt worse with most (but not all) of their changes.

Well, it will be another case of wait and see the results of CCP development. I’ve already seen a huge drop in small corp stations in my neck of the woods because of earlier changes, I doubt we’ll see much, if any, drops in large corp ones because of this change. The goal is laudable, a reduction in structure spam and to increase overall material destruction in EVE. However, once again it appears that the smaller entities will be paying a much higher percentage cost than the big boys, but who do you think the devs hang around and listen to on a more frequent basis?:thinking::unamused:

3 Likes

Or you can join-in on the strike and make your voice/opinion count!

See that thread I opened earlier today, liked once above already, but here it is again:

And just to be clear: we are calling for strike not specifically against the Q cores, that was just the last drop. This is about protecting our interests on a larger scale and making the small guy count…

IPM

Industrial Players Matter.

/s

Around 2500 years ago, the Greek philosopher Heraclitus said “The only thing that is constant is change.”

Our job, in game or in real life, is to look past the threat and see the opportunity.

Quantum cores may put some small industrialists out of business but their customers will be looking for new suppliers and that represents opportunity!

Maybe we’ll all have to rent offices from Tranquility Trade Consortium for a while until CCP decides that wasn’t such a good idea and makes another change but there will still be consumers who want to buy stuff and producers who want to make stuff for them to buy.

Just move to lowsec. Might as well; highsec isn’t safe anymore.

1 Like

I kinda feel like this is being over-blown a bit. 600-800 million isn’t that much ISK in real terms. Split among the number of players needed to kill a fueled Citadel you’re almost better off running L4 missions, and definitely better off running Incursions in HS or shooting rats in Null Anoms.

Overall I don’t think this is gonna change much as far as HS wars and structures. At most it’s going to be a secondary incentive and a little bit of reward for something people were doing anyway, in Null or HS.

1 Like

I agree there probably won’t be much change, and I am not anticipating a concerted effort to take down the structures I have. The dubiousness that the change will have a meaningful positive effect concerns me when I also find it possible it will have a knock on negative effect.

I remember an Eve where war was fairly trivial to declare. When ‘because you were there and I had a few million isk to burn’ was a good enough reason to declare war.

I am a peaceful person. An industrialist, PvEer, carebear, or whatever people want to call me. I do not shoot players, nor do I have much interest in it. What I am interested in is seeing people do stuff for whatever reasons suit them. The higher the price tag we put on initiating a conflict, the less interesting conflicts we will have.

Most people appreciate their safety. I, too, will take advantage of whatever safety nets are provided, and I won’t present any prizes to my attackers I am not forced to. To do otherwise would be, to most, unreasonable. However, in the context of a game I also appreciate some unpredictability. I just don’t appreciate this unpredictability when it comes to changing the game’s systems as much as I appreciate it coming from other players who make their mark on the universe.

CCP is stifling small corporations, and it is the industrialists who complain. The real losers, though, are small groups of players who want to create content through highsec aggression. The players who aren’t playing yet. I’ve heard it said that wardecs are endgame content, and I could not disagree more. Wardecs should be accessible to nearly everyone and a normal part of living in highsec. Having to pay for a structure, a core, and being vulnerable to losing that investment to however many allies could be hired to fight you is a prohibitive risk as things stand, in my opinion. This could change if cheaper structures are provided to act as war HQs in the future, I suppose, but I don’t like the mechanic in general.

“I want to fight you” should be all the reason a person needs to initiate a confrontation. Players get 24 hours notice and clearly marked enemies. That we are scurrying to find financial incentive to bash structures speaks to a deeper problem, and that is that being a content creator is too financially taxing to motivate a healthy variety of content creators to create content for other reasons. It is the reason that makes a conflict meaningful, not it’s financial cost. “I declared this system belongs to me, so I went to war with you.” is more interesting than “I am farming quantum cores to sell for isk.”

Again, I know some people don’t want wars of any kind, and don’t want people to have any rewards from declaring war. If that’s you (as in the general ‘you’ that applies to the reader, whomever it may be) then I simply say I disagree with that position and I will not bother to confront you on it. I’m not pro small industry, though, and more pro small group. I like small groups of criminals as much as I like small groups of industrialists (from an out of game perspective), and these are the players I’d like to see make a comeback in the future.

4 Likes

Yep. There are still too many structures in highsec.

Putting them up, defending them, making them pay is a great group activity.

If defending them is a great group activity then why are you opposed to a mechanic that provides more opportunities to do it?

Why strike when you can take advantage of the increase in prices caused by other people striking?

Complain all you want. Well all know you’re not going to do anything about it.

We wish you would. That’d be amazing for the game.

But we know you won’t.

1 Like

CCP is killing everything in High-sec

1 Like

Don’t be a troll…

I don’t think people realize you don’t need to put in a core if you do not do fitting/repair/tether. Who cares if all it is used for is only research/industrial or even War HQ.

You still have your shield/armor/structure timer if fueled and your modules still run.

1 Like

I would like to see how will CCP remove high-sec content from game and how would CCP force players to null-sec. Also how will CCP remove interesting contents those they added in recent years to let more and more players leave the game. Please force more players to null and make null more boring so that you can kill the game. Fighting, CCP!

Yep, it would appear so…

Good point like I said don’t know much about structures but thought there has to be a way, thxs for your time in answering and info