Question for New Players and Null Sec

I don’t think anything actually ‘prevents’ noobs doing lowsec or null. It’s more that most starter systems and agent systems are tucked away among lots of 1.0, 0.9, and 0.8 systems and noobs dont have a huge number of ships with which to venture far away. There’s one starter system near Jita where you go through four 1.0 systems in a row to get to Jita. Even the route from starter system Bourynes to Dodixie is all 1.0 or 0.9 systems.

So its really a question of time. I found that as time went by I ventured further and further. Trips that once seemed scary as hell as a noob, I now do on a daily basis.

I think what helped me most as a noob to get out and about was joining a corp that has sudden, un-announced, fleets to God knows where and you are suddenly in null before you get a chance to say 'wtf !..nobody told me we were going to null '. Eve needs more of that !

1 Like

Hey your call. Totes legit.

But youd be able to fund your combat if you had a real profession first.

That’s something I’m yet to experience. What helped me is a video on YT that showed me the concept of exploration as preparation for future operations like mining and ratting, using bookmarks to drop-jump exactly where needed, using probes to scout interesting systems and learn about the locals, using a ship with 6.5AU warp speed and 2.5 alignment to venture into areas where my skills are still useless but against the smallest ship on grid… lots to do, limited funds, very little time…

The most valuable thing in all of Eve is not ore or pew pew ships, but intel. I spend loads of time scouting, memorising routes, noting who goes where, what corps are active, etc, etc. There is no piece of information that won’t one day come in useful.

2 Likes

Intel is so overrated

@tutucox_Khamsi
I prefer AMD.
Intel = Never again.

1 Like

The forum didn’t alert me of your reply to me.

I can fund my combat just fine with ratting and mining.
I think my “real” profession in EVE is Oportunist… and there are no skills to train for that.

Yeah there are. All of them, in fact. That way, you can deal with whatever opportunity you run into.

1 Like

Sure there are

Its getting wierd that every thing you say cant be done happens to be my chosen playstyle.

Hyperbole is a bad habit.

I never wrote that anything couldn’t be done. I’m not so closed-minded. I simply wrote there were no skills for an Oportunist career. Besides the fact that Oportunist isn’t a career in EVE, what Omnis Decline wrote is correct, the skills allow for aportunistic playstyle.

It may be a habit but I don’t see why it’s bad.

1 Like

But there are plenty.

Unless Ive pucked up wrong what you think an Opportunist does. I consider myself one.

Its also wierd that he wrote exactly what I was getting at, and you agreed with him and are arguing with me.

Because repeating incorrect or inaccurate information spreads it.

Unless you think putting people off doing certain activities is a good thing?

It’s good if you want to make money of that thing and have their market share I guess.

Which means Lucas must be wanting all the ganking for himself!

Genius!

Not sure campaigning to end something will increase your market share. He would have to believe he was never going to be successful I suppose and think that his words might convince others not to gank.

I’m not arguing with you. You are arguing with me on nuances and hyperboles while I agree that oportunist is one way to play and I do too.

Please quote the incorrect info in my posts.

Maybe thats what he wants you to think!

Very sneaky these hobbitses!

I’m with the hobbits, much rather cook my fish than eat it all raw and juicy.

We are arguing together, thats how it works.

Ok sure if this is how you want to do this.

Just remember you asked. I seek only peaceful coexistence, but this forum seems to exist to generate bad feeling between people for no reason.

Fish is gross no matter what you do with it

You want to do this. I don’t mind.

I was talking about the non-existent Oportunist career in EVE.

That’s correct.
There’s Exploration, Soldier of Fortune, Industry… but I didn’t run into a window that showed me Oportunist and had AIR points for it.
Yes, we can play as opportunists but it’s not a career.

How is that false? It’s just a statement saying I don’t see how it’s bad.

Why should I remember? There’s no hard feelings on my part.

You think I’m mad at you? LOL I’m not.