Quitting EVE for now

(Removed)

Have you tried being friendly?

1 Like

What are you trying to do?

There are newbie corps for all playstyles in the game. The only reason I can think of that you’re being told to join a highsec corp is that you refuse to PvP. If you’re not willing to PvP, you won’t be welcome anywhere outside highsec. Asking you to participate in the defense of the space you live in is not barring your entry, you are making the decision not to partake in a core aspect of this PvP game.

You don’t have to be.

You only have to target what you’re told and hit F1 till your ship explodes, then collect the SRP and go back to what you were doing. If you do this once a month, most nullsec alliances are happy.

You could start your own alliance, that’s what I did as a new player.

You could lead Vorri’s Nullsec Nomads!

1 Like

It depends what you want to do. Larger corps tend to have specific requirements, but many are quite open and friendly to new players. I started out with Absolute Order ( I have alts still in that corp ) and learned a lot via them. You don’t ‘have’ to do anything, but there is plenty to do if you do want to. I would recommend Absolute Order to you.

Personally, over time I have become much more a small corp person…or even solo…thus I run my own little corp Opus Dei, whose members just log in when they feel like it. One week we have the highest kill score in Jita, the next week we may have no kills at all. There’s no pressure, no Discord, and nobody ‘has’ to do anything. And no ‘second job’ feeling.

(Removed)

(Removed)

1 Like

They think you don’t have the experience, which is why they are suggesting you start in Highsec. If you think otherwise, nobody is stopping you from going to nullsec. You could be there in five minutes, if you actually wanted to be.

I’m pretty sure Absolute Order ( whose main HQ is in Oipo system ) would not tell you to go away. They recruit noobs all the time. That’s precisely how my alts joined them 4 years ago. Their CEO is Governor Lee.

I just want to point out, you are already in EvE University…

You perhaps have too many restrictions on what corp you will join.

(Removed)

Are you leaving now?

The only people that are going to let in a new player that isn’t avidly gunning for the Newbro Hero Tackle role are going to be the big groups.

Smaller groups expect you to be able to pull your weight or are simply desperate for members and let anyone join.

(Removed)

I understand. From a corporations perspective, a new player is just dead weight. I understand that it is just a hinderence to have to teach new players so I wouldn’t hold it against them.

Have I missed the part where he said what he actually wants to do in the game? Gathering resources? Producing things? Exploring hidden hacking sites? Fighting NPCs? Fighting for an Empire?

If one has no idea what he wants to spend his time with, it’s hard to tell him where he can find company and support for that…

2 Likes

Complaining seems to be his loop.