[R E L L I K] The Return to Piracy

Also entirely voluntary. Of course, the risk of unretiring is finding out that everything is terrible.

Best of luck, I might even come fly with you or against you one day when im back in empire

2 Likes

You people.

I frown in judgement at thee.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The only thing worse than retirement is coming back and noticing it is not any better.

ā€œRellikā€ is ā€œkillerā€ backwards. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Not a pirate myself but I miss seeing randsom camps. whatever happened to those? I been flying off and on for eight years, only been in one maybe twice. Three tops.

I feel like pirates forgot the point of of piracy and just want kill marks and mails.

2 Likes

A lot of them like to do that you know. That perfect -10.0 is a badge of honor at certain docksides.

1 Like

Not like itā€™s hard to get. Smart bomb fit battleship on jita undock. Boom, your a pirate.

No, but most people donā€™t prefer to stay negative, and not below -5 in any case. Sticking to your CONCORD criminal status is a statement.

1 Like

It actually even poses some tactical problems, if this still works the way I think it does. Deep-red entities donā€™t benefit from gate guns at all, but those attacking them can, meaning pirate frigates often canā€™t even defend one of their own against an attacker without drawing turret fire.

Pretty sure I can guess how I know that.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m happy with my -9.7 (somewhere around that) and aiming for -10. I donā€™t make public statements about it. Also smartbombing trade hubs is beneath me, no honor in it in my eyes.

Logistics arenā€™t too hard when you make friends with industrial corps and use red/black frog

1 Like

Can you even use smartbombs that close to a station? I thought that specific practice got added in alongside orbital bombardment as ā€œsomething we literally canā€™t do.ā€

1 Like

People float on the undock far enough that smartbombs become usable.

Not that thereā€™s much point to it.

2 Likes

A truly smart bomb would only affect the capsule of the ship firing it.

1 Like

Sure: Come the ā– ā– ā– ā–  at me.

At least in my case, and not when Iā€™m a legitimate businesswoman in high-security space such as right now.

2 Likes

They exist when you least expect them like the below transmitted clip from our nasty boys in the field. We are here, we are waiting, and we are extremely not conventional.

1 Like

Played this game years ago as a pirate, and let me tell you; youā€™re right. My two most memorable engagements would have been easy kill mails.

Had a rookie explorer get caught by me and I made a deal with him to pull his probes in (they cluttered my directional scanner lol) and jettison them and everything else in his cargo. Took his probes and let him have the rest. Told him to go and I cut my scrambler loose.

This other guy was ratting in lowsec in a Drake and I got him to take his missile launchers off :laughing: and he scurried back to Arnon in shame. :laughing: :laughing:

Thats a griefer, not a pirate

1 Like

Terrorist; hero
Rebel; revolutionary

2 Likes

Itā€™s not about the what, itā€™s about the how.