r/Eve - Confession of a botmaker

All cheaters dont stick too long. There just isnt much long term fun in cheating.

Yeah, typical CCP reaction.

Why is this news? That Kids With Guns Alliance is full of botters and RMTers (like 99% of the entire alliance) has been an open secret for years…

2 Likes

This hurts all the people who try to play the game correctly. There’s your ‘butterfly’ effect…Whether they do something or not (and hopefully they do something), CCP needs to put out a statement about this…

2 Likes

A statement? Yeah, that’ll be rich…

Because it serves the old boys everywhere to have one blatant open secret, as it distracts from, well, other things.

Well, but if there is no outrage, CCP will not act. To be more specific: If there is no outrage that makes players leave, CCP will not act.

and they will

Let’s be honest here, the blame lies on both the botters and CCP, as CCP has known pirat has been botting for months and did nothing about it. CCP could be doing more to get rid of the botters but they don’t. And to be honest i will be genuinely shocked if CCP even does anything about this. the only way they will is if the community causes a big enough scene.

One dude phessing up will not break the botting empires in Eve, hundreds of people if not more are still cracking on as I type. CCP made the rod for their own backs by letting people use multiple accounts at the same time, now all there is left to do is watch as the isk fountain continues to grow and the disparities continue between players who have and players who don’t. Your single subbed account has no hope of competing with some dude who plexes 80 plus accounts, give them a safe space to operate lets say Delve for instance who wins? Not your one account dude trying like hell to make a living in high-sec. I have two subbed accounts and this ■■■■ makes me want to walk away, but Im the type of player who will not let these bastards win, even if it takes me to my dying ■■■■■■■ breath.

Don’t forget the SP farms that these bots can be used for as well. Might as well wring every last drop out of them…

It really doesn’t work like that. CCP is a stratified entity, not standard in many ways, and there are cultural aspects to it which are not shared by other commercial entities in the industry people are accustomed to. A lot of that is what makes CCP unique in good ways. Some of that can be, well, less than productive.

Rage has an averse effect. Outrage has a subversive effect.

PR triggers work much more consistantly, as long as it follows the same channels as CCP’s sales & acquisition focus. Not that I am advocating going down that road, because it is way too easy to damage EVE’s required recycling of demographic influx.

In a nutshell, as long as CCP - and I am not talking about some community dev or someone else running the anti-bot focus - is not willing to enable discussion or debat, it is pointless to try and engage them on it.

Players do not quit, in terms of those segments of players which form the continuity core of EVE’s demographics. Or rather, they will not quit unless they are confronted with an identifiable difference between CCP’s statements / actions in relation with customers versa those within CCP.

To this date, that has happened only once. And only once. CCP’s response to that was smart, a little subversive, but generally good business. They set boundaries by enabling player representatives and community cores to compromise themselves so CCP over time became enabled to coopt their behaviour according to required methods and purposes. While revisiting original commercial planning, and figuring out a way to not shock people into using cocaine, but by cooking them slowly like frogs :slight_smile:

Which, we should mention, has not been bad for CCP or EVE, and thus without negative effects for its customers. EVE still exists. It doesn’t grow really, but it persists while making more money thus enabling it to continue until it is time for packaging and retiring.

It’s not news to a lot of us. It is apparently news to CCP.

1 Like

One account per person.

1 Like

Funny how even the thread title has the link in it so you don’t have to bother replying here and can go straight to r/Eve to make a reply. :joy:

I laughed after reading the Reddit article. He’s just a cocky Russian, who is full of himself.

He also isn’t exactly smart. To quote, “Let the drop in PLEX prices will be my Last Gift to EVE community!”, means he doesn’t understand how botting increases the amount of ISKs in the game and how buying PLEX drives the price up. Instead he thinks it’s driving the price down. Not to mention going public on Reddit is obviously raising heads. :rofl:

He was saying that by destroying the botting empire, and subsequently prices going down, THAT would be his gift to the game.

1 Like

Unfortunately, he forgot CCP is the one who would have to take action and eliminate the botting alliances, therefore dropping PLEX prices. Which will never happen.

At least it explain why PL is suddenly going after Test. Botters must rent their space from NCPL.

Ahh… the war for bot rental space :slight_smile:

World War Bot.

3 Likes