Rebalance of drilling ships.2021

I am not claiming to represent a majority - I just take exception to those who believe that relentless shouting means that they do :roll_eyes: As I say, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how stupid and ill informed they may be for having such an opinion.

Calling people “stupid and ill informed” isn’t exactly polite, you know.

OK, so Pan Dora (the Explorer) disagrees with you. Allow me to respectfully point out that you are both speculating on the unknowable. How about we just keep calm and wait to see what happens?

“Sufficient unto the day are the evils thereof.”

Perhaps CCP will have a rush of sense to the head and make thoughtful, sensible changes that leave everyone delighted and thankful. Or perhaps they will slip it up our ass again. Who knows?

Exhumers are trash for the price. An Orca or Porpoise suck at solo mining but the minute you put an alt on grid with those boost, $hit gets serious quickly.

What is everyone crying about Orcas? A 100% trained toon and maxed fit for yield Orca with tech II drones take 3.5-4 hours fill.

Now a maxed train Orca toon with implant and a max trained alt in Coveter take 52 minutes to fill an Orca. The alt game is strong in Eve. Let CCP make the wrong move on Mining ships about I would bet that player exodus will make all the other ones look small.

1 Like

It was not, perhaps, intended to be. I am not speculating on the unknowable, but objecting to people relentlessly pushing an hysterical anti-Orca narrative based on, at best, misconception and ignorance.

2 Likes

If there is anything we have learned in the past two years is that you only have to imagine the worst possible outcome for the players and that is exactly what @CCP_Rattati will do every time.

CCP should find another first person shooter game for him to fail at.

2 Likes

So I take your pained response as : No I ain’t got nothing.

Cut the drama? Cut the drama? You and your ilk, you and your buddies have been on a year’s long streak trying to ruin mining, ruin miners and ruin mining ships. And, when asked why? You always say…“I already told you” Pan, Pan ,Pan, there these things called “links” where you can provide the reader citation, evidence, veracity and backup for the words you just spoke. But you can’t cuz you got nothing.

Here’s an example of a link:

See I just linked to your comment. It’s so easy too. Yea, I guess you just babbled about some ship 5 years ago that has no relevance to mining today. I suppose when you ain’t got nuthing that 's what you do.

You do remember we’re talking about the Orca, right? So given the opportunity to post what is wrong with the Orca, you provided zip, zero, nada. I’m afraid all I can do from here is conclude this has been a farcical journey and you have no idea how to get home.

Check your bookmarks. Fly safe.

1 Like

How about working the in your reading comprehension?
The guy I was replying to argues that me and others didn’t give him a satisfactory answer for his question. I replied that me and others gave the answer multiple times and is not my problem if he don’t like it.

Ans there comes you accusing me of blind arrogance, when you don’t even acknowledge there is a previous discussion between me and Hans. :roll_eyes:

Well, is not like that with every high-end ship/equipment? Alone they offer little advantage and big risk, but ■■■■ get serious whit the right combination.

Anyways, when you say that, given what CCP hinted, only people sole mining with the Orca should be worried, people using it for boosting will be ok (possible even better), everyone is so quick to say they don’t solo mine with the Orca, some even claim is not viable/possible. Yet, amusingly, they still freak out as if what you said is an attack against the Orca.

Well, it started after CCP hinted the changes would make it less viable as a solo mining ship. :woman_shrugging:

I solo mine with an Orca. If you had bothered reading the previous, and tediously extensive, threads on the issue, you would know that, rather than laughably accuse people of a lack of reading comprehension. You would also see that all your arguments have been very carefully and forensically demolished, and that people set out very good reasons why the Orca was not an overpowered solo mining vessel - certainly not when compared to an exhumer class - but did offer, at the cost of lower yield, some very real advantages to solo miners (and AFK is not one of them), especially those who chose to mine at some range from their home base. Which one would have thought was a commendable idea as it means people move around the galaxy rather than just sitting in or close to their home system.

Anyway, I am now ignoring you, as you are worth neither the time nor the intellectual energy. Toodle pip.

1 Like

Yes, cut the ■■■■■■■ drama.

That’s conspiracy theory, Hans. I’m not even active in this forum for so long and for sure the Devs are not coming to check my comments before changing the game. Asking me “why is that?” makes no sense because “that” is not happening.
What is happening is CCP planning adjustments to mining ships. They hinted that the Orca will be made less appealing as solo mining ship and that’s it. No participation from me required.
As an Orca pilot, I could be acting like a spoiled child which had his preferred toy taken away but 1. Wouldn’t change CCP plan 2. I expect the upcoming changes to improve mining as a whole. 3.Unlike you, I don’t want to be seen as a spoiled child.

Hans, you keep bringing up something CCP did 5 years ago and demands us to treat it as gospel. All I did is to put it in perspective: the upcoming changes are no different than any other change CCP did before, including the change that gave mining bonus to the Orca to begin with The Osprey is just an example of how large the changes may be.

So what? The comment was not even addressed to you (again).
Regardless, is still not an attack when I say what I expect the changes will bring. Is CCP doing it, not me.
You can go ahead and claim my arguments were demolished. Matter of fact is there was no argument made. CCP have its own reasons for whatever changes they will implement.

Something i said in my previous comment, before you (and Hans) jumped in and started to argue about things I didn’t said.

Moving to a quiet place to mine alone is far from commendable. You do for your own selfish reasons.
More to the point, up to you to re-evaluate your choices after the changes hit.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, for your amusement, nay delectation, a serious contender for the most utterly moronic comment made in these fora this year…

1 Like

I see you are putting a lot of effort on it.

Gas production? I have not Heard about it, but there is a post on EVE website staying they will introduce mining ship with gas cargohold and gas compressing.

As an industrialist you have shown me that your out of your league.
this one line when I read it invalidated anything you have to say,
" (I have a stack of Kestrels waiting to be made into Manticores when I have available slots, for example) " this line is false, if you will spout false info on a topic as trivial as this, then nothing you have said or will ever say, will carry weight until you rectify this statement.

What exactly you are claiming to be false? Is this just the pedantry of not recognise that “made into” means “use for manufacture” or are you seriously doubting someone could be using all his manufacturing slots?

trying to sidetrack this idiotic orca convo : )
and i refuse to accept that kestrals can be stacked : )

Oh! You got me there.

So, what do you think will get the new ice/gas holds? Any chance of it landing in a new tech 1 hauler?

if CCP wants alphas to keep playing they will add more alpha only content, I hope they do that , i would like to see alphas get there own ships mods rigs and even weapon systems.

Here’s a screenshot of stacks of two other ship types (since I don’t currently have any Kestrels in the hangar that this character is docked in). Kestrel works the same way. I build Kestrels in much larger numbers than these two since Phobos and Eris both sell much slower than Manticore.