Rebuilding The Eriker Tribe

Delusions of grandeur in one so new to space is worrying. It usually takes at least a few poddings over several months before one loses it this badly.

8th Tribe…hailing from the empire…interbreeding…ancient mysteries…it all sounds too much like one of those late night holos that’s so bad that you make up your own dialog for it and spend the time laughing your butt off in spite of yourself.

4 Likes

That’s different from what I’m doing. From my family the spiritual side actually is more minmatar than Amarr. There’s a definite blend but living with the Minmatar changed Eriker from a hypocrite. He mentioned that enough to pass it down the generations. I don’t know what affect my presence will have on the way things are- if at all- but I’m not disputing basic facts just trying to get at the truth of my lineage. The verse is always changing. Some people really ARE lunatics.

1 Like

I’ve only lost a ship once. It wasn’t related to combat.

1 Like

Sssshhh, back away. This is not for us, but back away slowly lest we startle him and don’t let your eyes of him. And for spirits sake don’t turn your back, i get the feeling this one is wily. Like old Sarrapis in tickle mood but 2 times worse…

2 Likes

My education on tactics was very good - it’s just a matter of learning the finer points of shipcraft.

1 Like

Right. So. Even if anything you said is true, you do understand that calling your clan a tribe without the approval of the 7 Tribes, you’re not doing your quest any favours? You’d have to present a mountain of evidence from DNA analysis to sharing your shaman secrets to presenting your Elder… Before they’d even consider considering Eriker a Tribe.

3 Likes

That is not my quest exactly, so it will be some time before I prove the new-genetic lineage with the new mysteries. It is more important to reestablish the Eriker name: Tash-Murkon. I’m not even sure any of that is possible but I have to try. My Grandfather has said now is the time. As for the use of the word tribe - I believe it to be so - however as you say - the validation process is challenging. I am uncertain now as to how to move ahead but I know I must try. Much of what I do now is the work of establishing the Eriker name and transcribing the lineage and mysteries. And of course rebuilding the wealth once lost.

1 Like

So … pilot? A brief history of the Tash-Murkon line?

The Tash-Murkon family’s place in Amarrian society is, in certain quarters, just a little touch controversial because their most direct origins are thought by some to be Udorian. (Although actually the Udorian and True Amarr lines are so thoroughly intermingled that you’d be hard pressed to find either without the other-- the two have been together for literally thousands of years.) If correct, this would mean that the family arose, over hundreds of years, from former slaves (an idea that converts and other non-True Amarr tend to find encouraging and that orthodox Amarr tend to find horrifying). They’re the newest of the Great Houses, and a lot of their power is financial; uncommonly for feudal aristocrats, they come more from a merchant than a military tradition. As you’d expect, they’re especially strong on trade.

They only even became a Great House when House Khanid revolted and established the Khanid Kingdom. That’s … not actually long ago at all. Empress Catiz I is, I believe, the first of their line to actually rise to the throne of Amarr (and has the whole Empire wondering what kind of policies she’ll pursue).

You’ve picked a really interesting royal house to put yourself forth as the true heir to.

2 Likes

I am aware of that history. I do know how odd and complicated it is. I cannot change who I am- where I come from.

1 Like

Well, it complicates the question of a “coup” on several levels, though.

A few observations:

1. Amarrian Holders don’t just hold their status by blood right (though much is made of that). They’re trusted with their positions because they’ve demonstrated, and are expected to continue to demonstrate, the wit and wisdom to rule, and rule well.

2. Pragmatically, while that doesn’t quite lead to a “might makes right” situation (that would be the Sabik), it does mean that having the foresight to escape others’ political maneuverings is part of the job. Political maneuverings among the Amarrian nobility are therefore virtually a sport (I swear I’ve never seen such barbed courtesy as two rival Holders meeting at a party), and Holders are broadly expected to play on a professional level. As such, they only seem to plot and scheme on days ending in “Y.”

3. What is deemed fair play in this “game” and what is foul seems to be, in the end, determined largely by what those both up and down the Amarrian social ladder are willing to live with. If a Holder’s rather sharp maneuver can be executed without losing the support of liege or vassal, the outcome can be expected to be recorded in the Book of Records as valid and in accordance with will of God and the good of the Empire.

So, let’s assume this alleged usurpation occurred before-- let’s say shortly before, by a generation or two-- the Tash-Murkon ascent to the status of Great House. (If it had happened after I’d expect everyone to have heard of it.) A political power struggle occurred; a relatively minor branch of the family seized primary control, with surviving members of the main line forced to flee the Empire and the results recorded in the Book of Records. The “winning” household went on to win the highest recognition an Amarrian family can attain: the status of a royal house, a source of Imperial Heirs.

This is going to seem kind of cold, pilot, but: so what? You lost, and the Book of Records undoubtedly records it as right and appropriate that you did. What’s more, the subsequent rise of House Tash-Murkon to the status of Great House and the further rise of Empress Catiz I to her current position would be taken in the Empire to suggest that history made the right call.

Whether you personally can accept the outcome at this point seems a little … irrelevant?

5 Likes

Stars. Thank you, miss Jenneth, for attempting to explain a story that seemed utterly incomprehensible to me.

Not that OP’s message makes any more sense to me now, mind you. The whole thing still sounds crazy and like a lost cause, and that’s coming from me.

1 Like

Your argument is strong. This was expected. The import of this journey is beyond the losses of generations past. It is as much about the blending of blood lines and the insights of such newness and the mysteries which have changed the consciousness of each Eriker since. World-powers-gravities change, so does the power of all who think they are in power. Power cannot be held - power is in the hand of the wielded. In as such as faith allows, my ancestor was unwilling to fall to the darkness of death upon the failure to reign the line. His pride and his weakness caused him to hide- to shy from the consequences of loss but out of that failure everything since has come. My return is not so much about being a rightful heir as it is about spreading the mysteries of Eriker. It is about a rise to power - a rise to change and those Tash Murkon who are holders of the seat to power - the rightful - the royal. They are not the Tash-murkon of power - the Erikers are the Tash-murkon of power and this is what I am here to prove.

1 Like

I realize there are some discrepancies between us. I can only assume that somewhere along the line great lies have been shed and I point to th victors of history as the greatest liars of any time now or ever past.

1 Like

… I …

Well … um. Hm.

You have your work cut out for you?

A word of advice, because you’re starting to sound like you might find them tempting: stay away from the Sani Sabik. They understand power, its forms, its uses … but they understand nothing else. They cling to that one jagged shard of Truth (“Power Matters”) as the only truth to be found, never mind that it cuts their hands to ribbons.

The world is bigger than that. But they can’t see it. They’re too busy cutting themselves, each other, and those who cross their paths.

Poor fools.

1 Like

What?

4 Likes

That’s … basically everybody’s reaction so far, Directrix.

1 Like

I’m glad I could bring a level of “what!?” to your lives. The mysteries are like that. That is the beginning of the change of consciousness. It helps that I speak in the Eriker way which has always confused the hell out of people.

1 Like

Okay, it’s starting to sound increasingly like you are, in fact, a troll, in which case: very nicely done.

Either that or we were supposed to take you seriously but you now realize you sound bonkers and are trying to play it off as something you meant to do.

1 Like

It’s not so much a mystery actually…

1 Like

I’m not a troll or trolling. I will try to be more clear in the future. I simply don’t know the lore well enough to fit the Eriker story into it. So it’s a little confusing. I was raised in a very Minmitar setting so the Ammar history and ways are a bit out of conscious peripheral. I will try to clarify as I go on in the future. Also mysticism and shamanism in a variety of ways can cause people to go - what?! Or maybe it’s just me. Still I must walk this path. I must weave this story. I must be Radborne Eriker an Eriker like all other Erikers because we all come from Eriker of Tash-murkon.

1 Like