Refund

And in EvE you arent taking a risk, because thats made clear by disclaimer as the nature of an MMO.

Yes, CCP will have the opportunity to make the argument and enforce the EULA. The credit card co will make a judgement. You may get reimbursed by the credit company in which case your accounts will be banned. That is all. Merin is hyperventilating with the fraud and police nonsense. You have already used and benefited from the subscription so a refund is unlikely to happen anyway.

Itā€™s still a risk, even if itā€™s a well known risk. You are risking the money you paid in advance. You still have access to the product that you may have stopped using.

Yeah, well still pretty sure if I was to buy a deal on EvE over Steam and I didnt like it, Id be entitled to a refund.

But Ive a feeling once again we are on two sides of a particular divide I dont want to open up again, so happy to disagree.

I bought a Ford 5 years ago and itā€™s really not what was advertisedā€¦How do I go about returning it for a refund?

1 Like

Trig invasion is over, the Giant Star Suckers are off doing their own thing now.

Seriously.

OP is that guy who goes to a restaurant, eats their entire meal, and then complains about it hoping management will make it free because itā€™s easier than dealing with personified cancer.

2 Likes

Im not sure if Steam refunds work for subscriptions to 3rd party services. I mean 3rd parties from Steamā€™s point of view.

Hmm probably have a point there.

I think it might work, but agree my example would have to be really specific.

Point withdrawn.

the whole point of long subscription periods is securing subscription money, you fell for it.

Theres no ā€œfalling for itā€, I think itā€™s quite common knowledge that companies want more of your money in advance. Same rationale applies behind early access etc.

1 Like

Um, no. A chargeback is a claim that the charge on your card is not legitimate, and in this case it is 100% legitimate and the person has just decided that they donā€™t like their purchase anymore. You are lying to the credit card company to gain money, that is literally the definition of fraud.

4 Likes

I saw where the game was going almost 2 yrs ago but had to wait till the acct I had subbed for a yr to time out while matching the others to time out with it as well. I decided to unsub while CCP experimented on us. I donā€™t need a refund. I planed ahead.

I prefer the simpler approach of just making enough money IRL to not care about the $15/month.

4 Likes

Sucker! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting