Regarding RSS and illegal arrests

@Arrendis

1. I have no idea what happened to that weapon and I doubt you do either. But even without it, the Amarr are still vastly more powerful than we are, and they have an extensive spy network which it is most definitely the job of the RSS to deal with. In addition to that, they need to manage an extensive spy network of their own, so as to inform the Republic and the Fleet of enemy tactics.

2. Somebody has to deal with Intriguerre and other Triglavian loyalist organizations. Also, EDENCOM is led by a certain Provost Marshal Kasiha Valkanir—a “loyal” Ammatar and avowed supporter of the Amarr Empire who rose to the rank of Captain in the Ammatar Marines for her prowess in slaughtering our Minmatar brethren. The Fleet needs to know how much they can trust her and EDENCOM—another task for the Security Services.

3. Again, the Fleet is most effective if it knows enemy plans well—and that’s a job for the RSS.

To be clear, I agree that some elements in the RSS may be incompetent or corrupt. It’s a serious possibility, and further investigation is absolutely necessary. But treating the entire organization as guilty until proven innocent, while possessing only limited secondhand knowledge of the situation, is not just incorrect. It’s an insult to those brave men and women in the Services who put their lives, and the lives of their friends and loved ones, at great risk every day—often in extremely dangerous undercover operations where the slightest misstep is certain death—so that people like you and your friends and loved ones don’t have to live in that same fear.

2 Likes