Remove capital ships from the game

And how does one (as in 1) “obtain” such capital(s) with one character, worth 12 billion??

I will strangle anyone whom thinks of writing incursions…

Capitals or supercapitals? Normal capitals aren’t very difficult to get, even as a solo player.

1 Like

easy to do so… considering I make 1 bil ISK in HS no prob a day shooting things.
You just have to grind for several days and you can get your own quite fast… even faster if you multibox

1 Like

Sure. And you also have a magic agent that pays you 500m per level 4 mission.

I have one account with two characters. I need a very, very, very long time to even get close to 200m.

If you want to fly capitals, you won’t be in highsec. So why are you measuring this by money made in highsec??

“Adapt or die” remember that? But hey since when capitals in null became a problem? That’s the only place where you could extract their full power. So making your day a kind of complicated its not the fault of locals but just one of your bad days. Next time bring some dreads to scratch that Revenant ))

1 Like

Old_Pervert was going on about how he can acquire a dread and fax machine and a carrier with only 4905802570265471564854 accounts in 12 minutes.

I have zero use for capitals. Just making a point.

That works well enough with one or two caps. With 10 or more you’re not going to be able to call targets before the fighters melt your fleet, or at least the ewar ships you hoped to shut them down with.

Meh, caps, I can take them or leave them.

Going on about it, hey? I wasn’t aware that a single sentence was going on about it.

I have 3 accounts. One for each type of capital (carrier/super on my main, along with dread and fax alts). And I finance all three accounts with PI, I finance the ships with PVE content.

1. Even a decently fit carrier costs a max of 3.5 billion for the hull and mods. I have no idea where you get 12 billion isk from. If 12B is your networth, congrats you’re already wealthy enough to buy 3 carriers. Rat an hour at a time and you’ll be in a super in no time.
  2. You only play one account. There’s no reason to not multibox. Even if you never undock them and just use them for things like PI, industry, cynos.

What point exactly? You’re pissing and moaning about how them being unattainable, saying that it takes you a long time to make 200 million isk. Congrats, you suck at making isk - the rest of us don’t. Play smarter, not harder. Being a stick in the mud saying that you only have one account (and phrasing it as something you made a deliberate choice to do) is your own choice.

You might not have a use for capitals, that’s fine. Lots of us do.

1 Like

You said carrier, fax machine and dread and you need to fit them too.

Right, and you have to buy them all at once. You couldn’t possibly start with the carrier and rat the income for the fax and dread, could you.

My original argument stands. We aren’t all space-poor, and you struggling to make 200m isk makes you the outlier. Those of us in low/null who can actually use capitals do not have problems making 200m isk… That’s literally 5 ticks for me in a regular ratting carrier, and I’m FAR from the most skilled ratter - I’d bet someone using T2 fighters and a max-tick fit could do it in 3 or 4 ticks. Even in a VNI it’s easy to get that much isk.

So whining about the cost is moot. Were you complaining about the time-wall in front of training out a good capital, you might have an argument that they’re difficult to reach… but like anything else awesome, you have to earn it, and that time-wall is there for a reason.

1 Like

Was never a complaint of mine since the “time-wall” was the major selling point of joining in the first place.
Now cheat-stix made this one moot.

My complaint is that it takes much more time to get a t1 ballteship than it did before while bot-farmers like goons make infinite isk all day.

In highsec you get murdered by unbeatable NPCs for undocking.

When you consider (as in talking to a recruiter dude) of some alliance, you are told to either have 2000 accounts (lazor-hawkins) or have 700 capitals with terrible fits ready to go and do your daily chores of dying in un-winable fights and then “replace” your 700 capitals with your 2000 accounts you don’t have.

Or let’s make an IT joke. My main CPU is of an in-order-execution architecture with a very long pipeline.
Your CPU may be of an out-of-order-execution architecture, so good for you.

I even struggle to keep attention to two clients when I am logged on SiSi and TQ at the same time.

Which I have to buy and fit first and with current price tags, I disagree strongly on what is reasonable. And with my luck, the second I clonejump to farmville, 23984783734626 gangs need to come exactly to where I may be able to make some isk for less than a minute - yes that happens EVERY time I try to do that.
Thanks for noticing, I am not everyone and I don’t run bot-armies that make infinite isk per second like “everyone” else.

My offer stands. I may consider joining goons for only 5 trillion isk up front. Since it is “chop-change” they won’t mind.

Have you considered that Eve just isn’t the right game for you? If what you say is true, you’re clearly struggling with basic stuff. Which is fine, Eve isn’t for everyone.

My suggestion is thus:

1. Join a GOOD nullsov alliance. Something established. Something with standing fleets, something that can muster a good home defense. Something with helpful people in it. The DRF is FULL of them - first hand knowledge here.
  2. Use their logistics team to order up a VNI (best money you’ll ever spend, if you’re struggling to get started. You may think 100m is a lot of isk, it really isn’t. You’ll make it back in no time at all.)
  3. Rat. There are intel channels that will easily warn you when things are getting close. If your system of choice has a hole in it, go to a different system. If you’re not equipped to fight, you dock up and wait for them to leave. If PVP is your thing, have the doctrine ships ready to roll so that you can partake in the home defense. Getting caught is 99.9% avoidable in null sov space. Amazingly people get caught all the time… I’ve never understood it. Apart from getting blapped by an NPC capital once, I’ve never lost a ratting ship out there.

I’m only ever playing one account at a time; yes I will be dropping all 3 capitals at once in a fight, but the fax and dread are very low-input ships. Most of the time, the other 2 accounts only undock when I’m collecting PI, which they’ve all got the same stuff on the same planets so I’m really only doing one thing.

2 Likes

200 mil lol… I make that in an hour if things go well 2 at most with one toon

1 Like

You must be new to null huh? Either that or this is a troll post… You got wrecked by a revnant? LMAO!!! You are lucky they had the balls to undock that since its one of the most expensive ship in the game. More expensive than most titans. Here is how to deal with captials in null. If you see a cap, you kite it. do what ever you can to keep it in system. Then call everyone you know to come kill it. This is what black ops Battleships are for. once you get about 100 battleships together you murder the ■■■■ out of the revnant and lol at your suddenly shiney KB. then check out reddit as the rev pilot gets kicked from his alliance because he lost a revnant to some entosis bait. Welcome to EvE by the way Have fun <3

1 Like

Ooooooor you could… you know… drop caps on it like everyone else? It’s nothing that 3-4 carriers with SS fighters can’t defang at their leisure, while the dread bomb murders it.

While I would LOVE to be in a fleet of 100+ blops BBs, such a thing is like a unicorn. It doesn’t really exist.

1 Like

Unicorns totally exist, you just need the right chemicals in your brain to see 'em! I too would love to see a huge black ops blops, JUST to hear “Well i certainly wasnt expecting THAT!!” GF for sure am i right? but yeah a carrier /dread drop works JUST as well…

1 Like

They undock that rev all the time. They dropped five of them on us at one time this week.

Then I hope our suggestions help. I think you need to teach them a lesson and find three friends who can fly a Revalation that can do ~25k dps. shouldnt be too hard to find.

1 Like