It is possible to switch presets on Probe Scanner and Directional Scanner with numeric keys (1,2,3,4..).
Problem is that these numbers are valuable key-binds because of their location on the keyboard - near the left hand.
So, it is highly likely that 1,2,3 numbers are already taken by player for different actions.
For example, I use 1,2,3 as the module activators for the bottom row and f1,f2,f3 - for the top row.
Sometimes, very rarely, I can mess things up and accidentely switch scanner presets and not recognize it until it’s too late (like, miss valuable d-scan intel).
So,
how about to REMOVE these forced key-binds and make them assignable, like everything else?
I agree, it’s very annoying and inconsistent when shortkeys change depending on whether you’ve clicked some tab.
I wish this behaviour was removed from all the tabs that do this, besides the chat window which obviously needs to be able to catch keyboard input. It creates very annoying unpredictable situations where shortkeys stop working only because you clicked somewhere.
The dscan window isn’t the only perpetrator, the local bookmarks tab also causes similar issues.
Yes. I use the space for directional scanner: Settings » Combat and Alt-P (which I think is the default) for probe scanner: Settings » Window. Hope that helps.