Remove passive SP generation and switch to an xp model?

See… the root of all eve problems is multiboxing. if there where no way to do it ( even being omega) the botters and alike would be screwed, and many other tools could be implemented into game, like one op said and why not bring meaning to bounty system.

1 Like

Replace alt with friend. Problem still exists

1 Like

the number of times ive been offline for 1-2 months at a time waiting on these skills of mine. currently im trying to find a goal to aim for as ive done a bit of everything and everyone just seems to want to solo everything they can either solo or a alt fleet

1 Like

I have been playing eve off and on since 2006. I just recently returned after a 4-year hiatus and the skill bonus is great. I have alpha alts I am enjoying new content with, my omega main is going strong and helping out.

My opinion, at this stage/age of the game; adding in an SP missions/bounties/mining reward system similar to the bonus occurring right now would be a fantastic innovation. It does add an incentive to login and explore various content and make more characters. It does add a catch-up mechanic which is necessary for a 16-year-old game.

At this point, I am finding 2-year old forum posts on ship fits, and even finding posts with no replies to new player questions. This makes it obvious that most of the old guard bittervets are not supporting new players. Instead all I see is the constant shaming of innovative ideas and new players best attempts to engage in the content. Your participation trophy talking points will not change the fact that CCP needs to be catering to 2019 gamers to stay in business.

This game is one of the most beautiful, expansive, online universes ever created. Would be a shame to have it die off.

1 Like

How do you propose to balance all this?

Does a 6 person gate camp that stops one ship an hour from entering a system generate those 6 people the same amount of ‘EXP/SP’ as a noob mining Veldspar in a 1.0 system for the same hour.

What about a low sec ratter farming rats for an hour compared to a hauler delivering packages for the same hour?

How many PvP kills generates the same SP as completing a site in a Wormhole?

Does completing WH gas site generate the same as a WH Rat site?

As someone else pointed out… a vet can easily do multiple missions in the same time a noob can do one. How does this equate to the noob being able to ‘catch up’?

While this may ‘possbly’ bring more players online more often (and I say possibly, because I really don’t think it would), all that would happen is that someone would figure out the best action/SP ratio and everyone would simply be farming whatever action that was.

AND, the unsung heroes who spend time doing the little things, that don’t actually relate to an action…
The covert-ops lookout.
The players who haul goods for other people.
The corp recruitment officer who interviews and investigates potential recruits.
The ninja salvager (do these guys still exist?)

What do they get?

This would simply carve down the things in game that people do, to only those things that generate SP.

2 Likes

Hi @Elena_Laskova

1 Like

Different strokes for different folks. A balanced system doesn’t necessarily need to be 1:1 ratio across all categories and behaviors In game.

There is intrinsic value in certain behaviors that go beyond getting SP. I wouldn’t worry about how a corp recruiter is going to make it in Eve if things don’t change.

Hm. Not enough posts to verify.

I’m undecided between elena or balos.

Elena always falsely claiming that vets don’t do anything for new players. But balos often talks about it being 2019 as though we should be make dumber decisions than we did in previous years…

So you would be happy for there to be a number of in game careers and actions, (that make this game so varied and interesting) that simply to not generate the player any SP?

In my opinion the fact that Eve has a passive SP generation system that treats casual and HardCore grinders with the same progression, brings a lot of people to Eve rather than the other way around.

I had a look at the post.

It’s neither. All this person did was reading through the thread and jumping to conclusions that way. Elena isn’t like this and Balos isn’t even remotely capable of writing such posts.

I can ask Pedro to do a sweep again, so we can check for new alt-posters.

So … you’re saying that I can turn on my AfterBurner …
… orbit a rock while at work …
… and when I come back it got masses of SP to assign?

I have considered the SP system a loss limiter for players. When you can fly only cheap stuff, you only lose cheap stuff. I also enjoy the period of anticipation when skilling for a new ship I want.

I have, on occasion, gotten skill injectors for a player when we wanted to do a specific op and I didn’t want to leave them out, but more often I will include them in any capacity for an excuse to pay them, to get them to socialize, or to show them they matter outside of how efficiently they make isk.

SP works fine as is. I don’t mind the events that give out a bit as an exciting freebie that matters more to those with less of it. I also don’t mind free ships now and then with low skill requirements that are more useful to newbies. Making them grind SP, though, seems like play-bait, as Solstice says. Being able to decide on a goal and work for it with what you have is an important skill for playing Eve in itself.

1 Like

Ok lets start with multiboxing. Take it away (has been suggested for a very long time by the short sighted who don’t understand the game) but lets do it - OOOps 30 to 40% of subbed accounts just disappeared, EVE now has meh 35% LESS monthly income, damn there goes another 20 jobs at CCP.
Botters will still find a way (and there are many) to earn a (real life) living by playing Eve, at least until those left get tired of logging in and spending money on a game that has less player than it did the day it was released.

Ahhh “a meaningful bounty system” LOL you haven’t been around long have you. The bounty system made the first Eve Trillionare, even richer but by all means elaborate on your idea - I and many others would love to hear it.

Yes, yes it does OR it isn’t “balanced” and the game dies because no-one will want to do the things that aren’t giving the best rewards - Have you ever played a game that requires you to do X to get Y or Z and if you don’t do it you just get left behind and the game becomes not worth playing.

• Oh look, a new dungeon has been released - you have to run it with 8 friends 25 times to get a new horse BUT that new horse is 5x faster than any other so everyone has to have it. If you don’t have it you won’t be able to progress in the game.

Replace horse with “ship” or “launcher” or any other module and there you have the future of Eve under your proposed idea.

Awesome - You are suggesting Eve go pure Pay to Win, I wonder why they haven’t done this already.
Hint; they know it would kill the game once and for all.

So you’re saying I can assign drones to an asteroid and shoot them to gain gunnery skills, while orbitting a rock to gain afterburner skills? Wow, then I can skill two things at once while being afk! Man, that’s awesome!

What’s your main again, you said?

So what happens to all those players who have 200 mil plus SP - How would the years of time based training older players have be redistributed? Certainly under this new model of SP for activity you don’t want players who can already fly everything.,.

Most importantly - What activities would one need to complete to train a JF alt, how long would that take WITHOUT spending more than TIME to train it?

Consider;
I am one of those older players who doesn’t directly spend money on Eve, I play the game to pay for my game time (and i really dislike shooting NPC’s, so don’t if i can avoid it) - How would your proposal affect me personally?
I have a fixed income with very limited “extra money” to spend on games etc.,.
I’ve also been playing Eve for 15 years and don’t want to be forced out of the game by a PTW model taking over and removing my play style.

I don’t train skills to use, I now train them to sell.
You haven’t actually presented an “idea” that has any detail, that’s why i asked you the questions i did.
I don’t know if i can support and idea that is so vague and game changing.

This for example - You are aware Eve has been around a lot longer than pretty much “any other game” out there.
Skill trading is only a very recent addition and many believe a mistake on CCP’s part but to just throw it out now would do more damage than good.
It would also have a major affect on how i spend my gaming time - I have SP farms that pay for a few of my accounts, this allows me to spend less time doing PVE activities and more time in PVP fleets doing "fun stuff’.

See for many, killing things for XP or a new horse or weapon - Is not a fun way to spend gaming time - The fact i don’t have to do that in Eve is one reason I’ve stayed around for just over 15 years.,.
From what i see you are suggesting Eve become like all those game I despise - Do this X amount of times and get this - NO THANKS.,.

The issue is that you have fixated on passive skill training as pay to win somehow. While it is anything but.

Evidence needed for your pay to win claims.
Please show how you gain an otherwise unachievable advantage over regular subscribers.
Please show me how real cash gets you skill points without any intermediate steps.
And please show me how skill points equate to winning.