Remove suicide ganking from high sec

you cant repeat that as many times as you want, it doesnt sound any more intelligent than the first time you posted it.

Highsec deserves just as much diversity and opportunities for player engagement as anywhere else, especially as it’s the security of space that all players begin the game in. The more diversity in play options, the more opportunity there is for someone to find the style of play that really hooks them to the game.

It shouldn’t be ham-strung as some third-rate space where only boring play is possible.

1 Like

Not all mining and industry players are helpless perma-victims. In fact, many highsec industry players love suicide ganking because it creates demand for new ships. Every time a freighter dies industry players get to sell another freighter and a bunch of Catalysts. In fact, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the majority of gank players have industry alts exploiting the demand their ganking creates.

you cant repeat that as many times as you want, it doesnt sound any more intelligent than the first time you posted it.

How could it sound more intelligent when my post is already the height of intelligent commentary and will undoubtedly be remembered by historians for centuries?

And really, I’m not sure what there is to debate on the subject when it’s basic math. It costs X ISK to gank a ship, a value that is well known and determined by its HP and the security status of the system. if the expected loot drop is less than X ISK then it doesn’t provide a certain reward.

Destroy all noobs and people unable to defend…it’s the eve way ffs. Make it so…thread closed Invigourate yourself with a nice gank today!
.darth

1 Like

Remove suicide ganking by first removing Concord and then removing the faction police.

3 Likes

uber…

Miners need to form a bond with the enemy and strike when the iron is hot!

Remove Suicide Ganking?? LOL

As a HS miner/indy player myself, here is my thoughts on it. Fit ship to be able to take the pounding for the system you are in. Watch local and those who go criminal while you are in that system tag them so, you spot them the next time you see them. Band together with others in your favorite systems to take on gankers. But most importantly, don’t be afk mining then complain about getting gank cause you didn’t dock.

2 Likes

Go gank something, this debate is nowhere near over.

Then you have the Anglers in Jita about as bad. Persons who throw containers into the exit flow and hope to blow a player out of the water

Ironically he can only fit one item. :rofl:

Can i have your stuff?

Ok care bear

Those exist. The problem is not a lack of information,
but forcing everyone to read, acknowledge and remember it.

That’s just not going to happen. Even if you shove a window into everyone’s faces at the login,
or even in a rookie tutorial, there will always be plenty of people who will not be (properly) reading it, forgetting it, accidentially clicking it away too early, or outright dismissing it as not applicable to them.

The only way of making sure everyone is on the same page is by forcing them to be on the same page. That’s where the suicide gankers come in. They’ll teach it, one way or another.

I believe that the Ganking mechanics need to be adjusted. They have figured out loopholes in the ships designs and exploiting them. Even with an Orca, they can come in with 9 people in BC’s and take it down before the CONCORD can get them all. In my case, I think it was mostly the what I had in the cargo bay. There were alot of expensive Items. I had emptied my ship bay, but forgot to place my cargo in the station. That was a big mistake. When they ganked me, I had 3 bil in cargo. When I looked at the killmail, the loses were not that crazy, until I looked at the cargo. I had some really expensive drones that I picked up from scanning that I was carrying around. So my out of pocket loses were not that bad, most of the things I had was from ratting or scanning. But still you would think drone mining in an Orca was relatively safe. So now after reading the other killmails from the other ganked Orcas, no amount of shielding or tanking will save it. It used to be the gank gangs flew cheap ships, but now instead of Catalysts, they fly Talos’ with T2 guns and ammo. I wasn’t botting, or AFK, I noticed an Asteros come up next to me, sit there for a sec, warp off, then probably 30 minutes after that I got ganked. For the miners, there is no AFK mining, you will get GANKED, eventually.

Make Local HUGE(Really helps if you’re in a Dead-End System, so no fleet travel thru), if you see it spike, dock up, at tops you probably only have 20 seconds before they all get into system and warp to you. DSCAN is your friend, filter for scan probes, you start to see 8 of them surround, DOCK UP. Make people in bad standing with a flash background to get your attention. Stay aligned to something, especially in an Exhumer or Orca. Even in an Orca, warp takes a bit, so fit a 500mn MWD and pulse it, it will let you get to warp in 10 secs, but there may not be a way to truly escape them (If they targeted you already, then they will get you). They probably already have a cheap alt sitting next to you ready to scam your warp drive. One way I think might slow it down is changing the Cloak, Warp Scams, Points and the other tools they use to lock you down into an Omega only. If you can’t do it dirt cheap, then just maybe that can prohibit some of it. But some people don’t like PVP, I like making stuff and exploring. When I was in Goonswarm, I was able to mine relatively safely because my corp-mates like PVP and protected my Rorquals. I left for 5 years, my Rorquals are now in safety wrap. But if you want safe mining, then maybe a nulsec corp is the way to go. Anything in local, not blue, is bad :slight_smile:

Note to CCP, maybe allowing the CONCORD to kill the capsule would help even the playing field. If I have to loose my implants, then maybe they should too? And Ganking is not PVP, it’s usually a gangbang of unarmed mining ships. CCP, give us some real teeth?? Better tanks and fighter drones on an Orca?? It used to be that you had to wardeck to be able to accomplish this, but most miners were in NPC corps for this very reason…

1 Like

My 2c is that there should be a safe, low-value space like higher highsec, where people who want that gameplay can get exactly what they want. I feel like that this is a game, and should be fun for everyone. This whole “this is eve and eve should be hard” thing is really what will kill eve, because people want to have fun when they play games…

Griefing used to be edgy and was what set the game a part from other games… 10 years ago.

In my opinion, Eve is first a social game where friends go to spend time with their in-game community. PVP second.

Due to the way the economy works, any completely safe space would have to give absolutely zero in-game rewards - otherwise you end up with severe value depreciation that punishes the players who are willing to take risks.

1 Like

The Savior of High-Sec and the High-Sec Goddess send their regards.

There is no loophole here, only a straightforward application of standard EVE mechanics. The fact that you don’t like dying doesn’t make it an exploit.

But still you would think drone mining in an Orca was relatively safe.

You would. Smart players wouldn’t.

For the miners, there is no AFK mining, you will get GANKED, eventually.

Sounds like things are working exactly as intended.

But some people don’t like PVP, I like making stuff and exploring.

How selfish. You think that other people should suffer the losses that create the market for the stuff you build but you should be immune.

Note to CCP, maybe allowing the CONCORD to kill the capsule would help even the playing field. If I have to loose my implants, then maybe they should too?

Gankers don’t bother with implants, this would change nothing.

CCP, give us some real teeth?

I too want a mining ship that is also a top-tier combat ship. Why have balance when you can have one ship that does everything?

Sure. And it can have zero rewards to go with the zero risk.

This whole “this is eve and eve should be hard” thing is really what will kill eve, because people want to have fun when they play games…

Utter nonsense. First of all, many people find EVE’s current PvP-everywhere design to be fun and appealing. Second, EVE’s best growth happened at a time when ganking was even more effective than it is now, so your claim that PvP will kill EVE is indisputably false.

In my opinion, Eve is first a social game where friends go to spend time with their in-game community. PVP second.

You are permitted to have wrong opinions.