Resource Redistribution Update

Fantastic. Quite happy to “Crowd-Scout” some hard info. I’ll get on it shortly.

Derelik:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Pyrox
lowsec (0.4/0.3)- Pyrox/Kern/Jaspet
lowsec (0.2/0.1)- Pyrox/Kern/Jaspet/Hemorphite

No anoms found

Heimatar:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Plag
lowsec (0.4/0.3)- Omber/Kern
lowsec (0.2/0.1)- Omber/Kern/Hedbergite

Hedbergite/Hemorphite anom in 0.4

Molden Heath:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Plag
lowsec (0.4/0.3)- Omber/Kern
lowsec (0.2/0.1)- Omber/Kern/Hedbergite

no anoms found

Placid:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Plag
lowsec (0.4/0.3)- NPC mined out
lowsec (0.2/0.1)- NPC mined out

gneiss anom (0.4)
hed/hem anom (0.3)

Aridia:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Pyrox

No anoms found

Solitude:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Plag
lowsec (0.4/0.3)- NPC Mined out
lowsec (0.2/0.1)- NPC Mined out

no anoms found

The Forge:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Pyrox
lowsec (0.4/0.3)- NPC Mined out
lowsec (0.2/0.1)- NPC Mined out

no anoms found

Lonetrek:
hisec - Veld/Scord/Pyrox

No anoms found

'kin NPCs grrrr :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Yberta_Molk Thanks a lot for your efforts! But I don’t think manual survey will get us the 100% correct answers. If you want to continue this endeavour, please let me know of your findings. But I think we’ll need answers from CCP to be sure about it.

Although I’ve added your findings of hed/hem anoms in lowsec to the table, thanks for that!
And I’ve upgraded the “found in” column once again, it’ll now show anomalies more organized than before.

1 Like

I suspect CCP will not publish an ore table as such. I operate in all these areas so no big deal to go take a look see. Big surprise has been how much is totally mined out by NPCs. I’ll recheck those areas after DT tomos if I can.

1 Like

the null system i’m in don’t have any asteroid belts. they show up in the overview, but when i warp there no rocks exist.

1 Like

Thanks for the hard work with that list, null is big and i will try to log on tomorrow after DT and check the belts in curse at least in my home system that is a -0.2 last i checked 17 belts out of the 22 they where empty not a darn rock, and in GW i did some random checks going trough systems below -0.7 had nothing, -0.7 and below had like 6-10 crokite rocks, almost like a stupid joke.

Let me guess it is above -0.5 right? same in curse for me, they removed the rocks i had in my system, and likely all the others in curse since none is below -0.3.

Hmmm, for such an old character I would think you would know how to EvE…
But with this kind of thought process I think I understand you more now.

you have absolutely no idea how to EvE, and so became the bitterest of Bitter Vets, unplugged your brainbox, and got stupid.

6 Likes

Since when is “do the most boring possible stuff because you’re afraid to leave highsec” how to EVE?

1 Like

Really? A teamate mined exclusively in HS this week-end and made 700 millions isk just mining veldspar.
He wants to make a little bt of industry too so he is going to sell some of his trit in Amarr and buy a few nocxium with the isk…

But maybe he easily adapted to the change…

For good sake, why people ALWAYS thik they have to mine everything they need… “I live in HS, some of the thing I need has to be mined in LS or NS so my industrialist career is gone, I unsub”…

Damn, mine in the region you want to live and TRADE!!! Sell the extra you mined and buy other minerals with your isk… Is that too difficult? It dosen’s matter if you mine some ore while you buy some other… None is free anyway just because you mined it…

3 Likes

The crux of the argument is that people need to mine that nocxium-, zydrine- and isogen-bearing ores in the first place.

Currently, prices are ‘only’ fluctuating upwards due to the market attempting to run on stockpiles.
Once the stockpiles are largely exhausted, ore will need to be mined in bulk again.
This means that miners will have to move to low sec. Sounds good? Good.

Problem: As much as some would like to argue, simply mining with a skiff is not enough, because if a skiff’s tank and drone damage is enough to deter smaller would-be miner-hunters, EVE is very much N+1. You bring 1 skiff, the pirate will bring one buddy. You bring one buddy, the pirates will bring another buddy. And so on.

It is NOT uncommon to see ‘small’ gangs of up to 10 people doing a roam through low sec.
To be even remotely ‘safe’ enough to be able to fill even just one porpoise, you’d need either:
A) a level of fitting skill and investment to make incursion runners blush.
B) batphone for hotdrop.
C) a small gang in addition to your mining fleet to sit idle on grid doing nothing more than twiddling their thumbs or doing project discovery while blowing up the occasional rat, hoping that the rare gang that passes through and sees what amounts to 10+ people from the same corp/alliance will be bold enough to start an engagement.

All of this, eventually, DOES impact mineral value.
Just because you see the final price and think its value is too low, doesn’t mean that there aren’t uphill costs that are being (or not) accounted to get that final price.

3 Likes

You forgot D. Because there are mining vessels with logistics. So you can make a decent mining fleet capable of tanking said roaming small gang.
And E. fly something slippery enough.
And F. But from someone else who has made it work.
These are the actual valid options. Sure. You might die eventually. But dying doesn’t matter.

Said Industrial Command Ships are already accounted into being part of the mining fleet.
An orca is a brick, and while it can endure high sec ganking just fine for those 40-50 precious seconds needed for CONCORD to appear on grid, in low sec there is no time limit to how long you can be held in place by a scrambler. And orcas are not known for their quick warp times.
A porpoise is cheaper, quicker, nimbler, sure. But unless you field 3 or 4 of them, they are about as paper thin as they look. They also do not have bonuses to remote shield booster amount, but rather to remote shield booster range. Not really as useful.

So Endurance or Prospect. Or Venture if you’re bold enough.
I’ve tried to mine with an endurance in my local low sec. Had to spend 5 times the time to get only 1/10th of my ore hold due to a local pirate being extremely stubborn. Didn’t even bother with another system since the remainder of the low sec in my current main region is hellcamped.

Such premise implies that someone that ‘has made it work’ is also someone that is doing it solely for selling minerals/ore.

Except it does. Losing a ship and its contained fit and ores are losses that WILL impact the final value.
If you keep whelping ventures, the impact might be negligible.
But what if you start losing endurances, porpoises or skiffs?
What is a good threshold before people get sick and tired and give up on mining and industry all together or leave the game for good? 2 ships? 5 ships? 20 ships?

7 Likes

Sure.
But it doesn’t matter in that it is simply an expense, just like mining crystals.
If the minerals are expensive enough and/or not on the market, then you take that expense.
If the cost of a mining hull is too much compared to the minerals then clearly the minerals are on the market & someone is making it work so you just buy them.

You calculate tank utterly differently for highsec & lowsec.
Also it’s not 40-50 seconds, clearly you have the good fortune of not having been ganked.

Is that a requirement?
The point stands, because you cannot use a typical high sec mining setup for mining in low sec.
If you know one good low sec setup, feel free to share and enlighten.

2 Likes

Clearly you already found a good one, since you lived.
Now you just have to do it again till the persistent pirate gets tired of wasting time on you. Or negotiate with them to not target you in order for others to get baited onto you, or some supply deal, or move somewhere without a persistent pirate.
Areas outside of highsec tend to require time to adapt to, and make your home. And to get the other residents to accept you. Judging off your first day is hardly a fair sample, yet even on that first day you didn’t die and brought home some minerals you needed.

you prove my point

1 Like

Your point is Merin is a windbag because she’s against doing a non-task and expecting to get rich off it?

I mean, she labours a point ad infinitum, but the point still stands.

I dont agree with her weasel-down-a-rabbit hole MO, but no one who argues with her seems to deal with the actual objection, prefering to comment how her tone is bad.

2 Likes

Well just scanned my local null system, 22 belts 0 asteroids in them, and i doubt any npc miner could have had time to clean them out in the short time before i logged on at 13:08 (11:08 eve time), sure makes my little venture here for some industry not as appealing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How do the current changes affect veteran players without also affecting new players?
It seems to me that this is making it harder on everyone and that veteran players will be the least impacted by the changes.
Fighting bots more actively would help balancing eve more effectively that making it hard for high sec players to make isk.