Resource Redistribution Update

Not sure what counts as a vet tbh, I’ve been playing 3 years and still learn stuff every day.

The changes are hard on everyone, I’m not against change for the sake of it, but this is a tough one.

If I was still mining I’d be quite happy in principle to mine in lowsec to get the materials I need either solo or in fleet. The issue though is the amount of extra effort that takes and whether it is worth it for the extra isk. IMO, unless prices change, the answer is no.

Having said that, veld price is high atm so if u are just mining for isk then no problem, if however you are a small miner/manufacturer then your eve life got a whole lot sh1ttier until CCP puts some stuff back (6 months maybe?).

1 Like

You guys noticed the hottest ore is in T-Space?
They want us to get ore there, so learn how to get there and survive mining. Or pay those smart guys who are able to adapt.

Lets face it, this was a poorly thought out and executed “redistribution”. All that was really done is make trit highsec only and nocx lowsec only. That is not redistribution it is a band-aid trying to keep the water in a cracking dam.

If you want to fix lowsec, fix it.

-Problem 1: No sense of ownership in lowsec outside of faction war.
Answer: Reduce the number of NPC stations, add a cheap structure for lowsec only that a group of battleships could pop.

This would allow smaller corps (10-30 members) to operate in lowsec. Gain a sense of ownership without leading to needing dreads to operate in lowsec and increase the number of targets in lowsec.

-Problem 2: Going to lowsec is just as dangerous as going to null.
Answer: Add more access points from highsec, you want more people there give them more routes into lowsec ones that aren’t camped 24/7, the choke points should be from lowsec to null anyway.

Problem 3: Lack of industry in lowsec
Answer: Make lowsec better without taking away from the rest of the game.

Minerals: Put refines back the way they where then boost mineral yields for the lowsec ores. Jaspet, Hemorphite, Hedbergite, and Gneiss. Lower the spawn rate of these in null in relation to increase. ie 400% increase in yield = 400% reduction in null but not to 0.

Ice: Add Glare Crust, Dark Glitter, Gelidus, and Krystallos to lowsec ice belts and reduce the size and qty of these in null.

PI: Increase the PI yields and lower costs in lowsec, developing planets should want to encourage investments and its easier to cut corners when there is only 1 safety inspector for 5 systems.

Ratting: Seriously why are there frig only spawn in lowsec? You can face these same spawns in 0.8 systems. Dual cruisers should be the bare min in 0.4 and 0.1 needs more BS spawns. Increase Hauler rat spawns as well as what those spawns drop.

Building, research and refining: Bring back the 100% refine stations, but only in lowsec and only a few. you will be surprised how many industrial types will haul in ore to refine at 100% yield. Keep factory stations, research stations, and refinery stations out of the same system. 1 jump away is fine.

This is how you should start to fix lowsec.

5 Likes

It is not executed. We are still at it. The :carrot: is still to come according to CCP :crab: :heart: :carrot:

You do get that this was pretty much a reversion to the old mineral distributions right?
From before CCP messed it up by handing everything needed to nullsec anoms in basically the right ratios.

I hear M Citadels are pretty cheap and easy to pop.

In short, you seem to not understand the history of EVE, and therefore don’t understand where this update fits in. Also 100% refine stations were never a thing and never will be a thing again.

I’m confused about the changes in NPC null, I can’t find a single ore. Is this the intended result? I thought it would be the same as before minus the ore/minerals removed from that area? CCP haven’t been clear on what to expect in my area.

1 Like

I’m confused about the changes in NPC null, I can’t find a single ore. Is this the intended result? I thought it would be the same as before minus the ore/minerals removed from that area? CCP haven’t been clear on what to expect in my area.

Yes, this would the 1 million question. Was this intended or simply overlooked?

The answer is yes. They removed certain ores so if those ores were all that was there then clearly nothing is left.
Look at what you used to have and what got removed.

To sum it up… You want null sec in low sec, without the risks of NS…

Sorry, it doesn’t work like this…

1 Like

You do get that low sec is typically regarded as one of the most dangerous areas of space, perhaps even more so than Whs as hole control can make Whs semi safe.

1 Like

I really don’t get folks with attitudes like yours. Eve is incredible because it’s a giant sandbox, there’s things to do for pretty much every playstyle. And people change what playstyle they prefer over time, most of the time.

Do you know what I find the most boring possible stuff? Waiting for formups, blueballing hostile fleets, gate camps where no-one turns up, roaming through endless systems where everyone runs away, or no-one is there to start with. It’s why I do different stuff - mostly recon / scouting and system defence.

I got plenty of friends in this game who are miners, who love nothing more than munching rocks with some tunes on in the background, chatting away on comms. They’re having a great time, I get to have a great time looking out for them, and using their minerals to build ships to get blown up. I also spent many many years in high-sec; you get a much better variety of available PvE content compared to null, and with Abyssals you get more profitable PvE content than anywhere in null. Most of the 100m SP+ pilots I fly with, I met in high-sec running Incursions or L4 missions.

Ultimately, you do you. But please don’t push your own opinions on the game as a whole.

On the topic at hand: from what I’ve seen, and from what my indi pals have told me, the real hits in null are to the single barge/exhumer pilots - once you get a collossal anom, the changes actually make null better for rorq pilots. As for getting stuff out of low sec, well, I can’t obviously expand too much but I’m sure there’s plenty of people getting around to jump drive cal 5, and there is much excitement about the super changes.

9 Likes

I dont think the changes effects manufactures in a meaningful way. Manufacturing is basically just the margin between input cost and selling price. I just came back after not playing 6 months, adjusted prices in my calculations and keep on producing the same stuff. So far i noticed even higher margins for many thinggs.

If all you do is buy your materials then yes it’s just a case of adjustment to your margins and which products to produce. I was referring to miner/manufacturers where most of your materials you harvest yourself. So yes you can mine veld forever more and just buy other stuff but that isn’t really the same. Some might be happy with that but I wouldn’t.

1 Like

Coming soon soon 5.99 Mineral Bundles !!! Shock, amazement, befuddlement and puzzlement at CCP headquarters in Reykjavík as players see thru this PAY TO WIN change. 3 accounts are unsubscribing in 3 days! Microtransactions folks! 76% of players in high and CCP reduces High Security space by 22%?

5 Likes

Time will tell. I do think manufacturers without stockpiles are going to get squeezed in the short term because finished goods prices may not move as fast as inputs. In the long term, the impact on manufacturing is going to be lower demand from ore munchers because their income will have declined relative to input prices (as input prices have the cost of hauling and destruction included, both of which will be higher). But manufacturers who already buy inputs and sell outputs won’t be materially affected in the long run.

Want to Fix Low-sec? Give it a function in the ecosystem. I.e the main source of direct ISK income (NPC bounties) while NS is for material wealth.

Remove NPC bounties from null sec and increase them in Low-sec. Why are the empires paying people to police lawless space and not their own backyard? Spin the changes as Empires are freaked over triangles and T-space and are looking to handle business at home now instead of abroad.

To compensate Null bears perhaps make the null rats drop more stuff like Ancil repper BPC, strong/improved booster bpc, stacks of 1000 pirate ammo etc in place of bounties. Stuff that has value but isn’t liquid ISk. As a bonus it makes botting slightly harder if they have to salvage.

Make the low end permanent DED (i.e 3/10 complexes) super prevalent in LS. Maybe put a lot more rooms in them with multiple branches to give interesting terrain to PVP in. Make some rooms give buffs/debuffs or maybe make the occupants invisible to d-scan on some rooms. Put SMALL amounts of mercoxit in some rooms but protect them with diamond or burner mission rats and maybe make it so D-Scan can’t see out of the mining rooms. Maybe also buff scan res and scram range and strength in these rooms so that player pirates can sneak up and tackle afk miners/bots easier.

Alternatively or in addition to the new DED sites how about randomly spawning abyssal traces that have loot and PVP opportunities. These new abyssal sites have 27 rooms in the same layout as T-space and the spawning traces can drop you in any room. The exits drop you off randomly in LS or T-space.

Put a L5 security agent in nearly every LS system. These are high reward but require expensive ships to do and are easy to gank.

Remove high end stuff from Highsec LP stores and put them in LS stores only. Require high standings with the agent at that LS station to access the LP store. This way people have to run missions for that specific agent to unlock the LP store. This means risking a mission ship in Low-sec to unlock the rewards.

Put some NPC NS islands in Low-sec.

Put a (very) few sov claimable NS solar systems in Low-sec regions but make them isolated from other NS.

Maybe redesign L4 missions in Highsec to exclusively send folks to Low-sec. Maybe compensate by adding more jump gates into Low-sec.

Put pirate/mordu/syndicate faction Stations in LS.

Make LS gate guns not shoot anything smaller than a cruiser. Maybe make it so they also can’t target Force Recons either.

LS gate guns do massive damage vs capitals and battleships and hit out to 300km. Maybe second set of gate guns that are an FW upgrade that hit capitals harder ( unless you’re in that milita?)

Blackops and JF cynos = yes. Others = No. Dreads/carriers/FAX can use LS gates but supers and Titans cannot.

Remove Ice from Highsec, add more to LS.

Add a FW upgrade to add sentry guns to belts. These still don’t shoot things smaller than a cruiser but smack capitals and battleships hard. Force recon immunity would give much needed love to the ship class.

Capitals can’t be built in LS (but can be built in the new NS islands).

That way NS is about rich mining and PI and the ability to build caps while LS about ratting for ISK and exotic PVP terrain.

1 Like

“Nocxium (some availability through Sov anomalies remains)” I see that in the list null sec has still Crokite. Can you make it now universally available in all Sov space instead of limiting it in specific area of null. Now as other sources of Nocx has gone from null it would be fair to spread the crokite now where is has not spawned before.

Yeah I’ve lost a few mining barges too and that has hurt a lot since the prices on those have gone up for obvious reasons. seems to be open season on miners right now for some reason. I manufacture and this has changed to much for me to be profitable. Its to hard to make the isk for the loss’s I’ve had and the minerals lost in my area. My sub is up in dec and ill be running missions here and there till its up and check back at a later date to see if they have improved the game or left it wrecked

And why are blue prints for these mining barges so fricken high? wow

veld/trit is selling so low cause its not moving and theirs so much of it. I too mine to produce and this has changed the game to a point I wont be back unless they make changes. Buying my materials kills my profits and the fun of the game for me

1 Like

Yep, I like to self build where I can. Still I’m playing No Man’s Sky and having fun so if and when CCP change things I might return.

3 Likes