Resource Redistribution Update

Well, what would you suggest?

As a start not forcing ppl into stuff they don’t want to do, like ess. If they need to bounties go down, just lower then, or.even better make no bounties , but reward for ratting be only loot/salvage AS START

7 Likes

Im very very much in favour of that idea.

1 Like

It’s been suggested countless times to swap rat bounties for the dogtags they already drop, but this, and lots of other good feedback falls under deaf ears. :confused:

3 Likes

I would just like to say that having an individual that understands the issues that this game has, who understands what solutions are necessary AND who takes the time to write about it is an amazing boon to all of us.

Thank you for taking the time to advocate for the health of this game we all (irrationally?) seem to love so much. It’s a pleasure reading your work; it’s a lesson in articulation, focus, intellect and competence.

3 Likes

My comment is regarding the “Shortage Phase”…

Every good economist worth his salt knows that austerity does not work. If null mega corps have too many resources restrict the resources IN NULL… Don’t make everyone else suffer because a few fat cats are too filthy rich.

3 Likes

What would stop them then going to where resources werent restricted to farm them?

1 Like

This works, if null mega corps are the intended target (and not just all of EVE as was my impression) and if null mega corps are somehow also restricted from switching to their high sec miners to mine ice and ore there, now that null resources are restricted.

Hello,

CCP if i propose you a better ressource redistribution update who give a role to all part of space and permit to create incesitive to war in null and LS. Do you will read it or i don’t need to write it. (by better i means avoid to have player bored, and give to each part of space a part of important content … who will permit you more over a finest control of some ship production).

1 Like

CCP will not care. They already have a plan that’s been in motion for quite some time now and they will not change it regardless of your idea.

1 Like

Maybe maybe.
Anb maybe my plan is the same as they’re plan (i have a doubt ) , but we take 2 different way to arrive to it.

go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/ and post it there.
Then more people will probably read it and vote you up/down, whatever.

Again, no. Demand is not perfectly inelastic. I don’t even know where your risk and conceding defeat is coming from here. But you’ve turned the key point on its head. There is a limit to how high prices can go before players decide their time is better spent elsewhere.

No. Just no. This thinking is too limited. If prices go up it does not mean that suddenly miners have to make more. People can buy less or look to alternatives. Substitutes are a thing. Or to put it more simply, a rising tide lifts all boats, a ebbing tide lowers all boats. Miners might not be as bad off as some others, but it is a mistake to assume they’ll be better off.

No again. Mining has always sucked. Turning mining into a crap facsimile of ratting or mission running simply means miners should reconsider their role in the game. The semi-AFK nature of mining was actually a feature for those players who engaged in it. Pretty sure you don’t mine much, so…not really sure your a good candidate to tell us what’s good for a player sub-group you aren’t part of, sorry.

Why is it long time tradition for EVE players think shitting on other players game play is awesome?

And have you looked at the MPI? I bet you haven’t. Last I looked it was Holy Mother ■■■■.

The Mineral Price Index has more than doubled.

OMG…just…no. Players react to these changes. They look at these changes and say, “Gee, maybe I should switch.” And even if your income does go up…stuff you were buying has also gone up, so the idea of being better off is not necessarily. That you want to now shift it to relatively better off…that is goal post shifting. And people just won’t give a ■■■■, generally speaking. A miner who is worse of than he was before isn’t going to say, “Well but that guy over there has it worse, so ha I am better off.” The converse of that is players saying, “Man I made a bundle of ISK but…■■■■…that guy over there made even more, I’m pissed!” No, a player is going to generally judge his situation to where he was previously.

Tell us again how they are better off. This sounds like those players see things as being distinctly worse off.

These things do not add up like that. Economists tried for quite some time to come up with ways of adding this stuff up, and realized it just won’t work, which is why they use ordinal utility functions.

6 Likes

It succeeded so good that when CCP finally looked at the numbers, it was revealed that War Declarations where driving people out of the game in droves.

Now wars have a higher barrier to entry, gotta put down a structure first. Sounds like a change there.

Typical, projecting a false reality when its already changed.

But you are biased! This entire thread of your responses could be diluted down to ‘anyone who doesn’t PvP is wrong’.

This is the problem, its douchebags who just want to get in the way and ignore the very real problems that impact others.

The drop in player activity during Blackout not doom enough?

First, they came for the drones…

How original, if only someone would point this out in the AFK cloaking thread.

Nobody cares, everything still gets shipped to Jita and TTT cashes in big time.

Skill injectors bypass all illusions of progression and considering I am a rebirth to get away from uninteresting parts of the game overly tilted towards PvP, no doubt there are others who’ve lost interest long ago also.

SRP renders scarcity from PvP meaningless, unless your in an alliance too poor for SRP.

The economy would move along in a much more sustainable and scalable way if people couldn’t just sit on billions in assets at 0 cost. Alliances have stacks of 1000 dreadnaughts, inventories of millions of m^3 that cost nothing to store and maintain.

CCP already changed wars, despite the bleating of those who felt it unfairly diminished their PvP.

Their ships are cheap pieces of crap that are taking advantage of cheese gameplay that has meaningless consequences.

1 Like

fixed this for you.
actually this sums up all you’re post.

2 Likes

Looks like the " the ore will be more scarce and then be more valuable" idea wasn’t true after all. BTW. this is for compressed dense veldspar

1 Like

Veldspar was made more plentiful in highsec, and was never intended to jack the price of veldspar up, that was just speculation. Pyerite was obviously being starved but took your average brainless investor much much longer to realize. Miners will always choose the path of efficiency and moving to highsec to veldspar mine was an easy choice.

People speculate that the change was good cause ore would rocket in price, but they forgot that now tons of alts coming from hisec to mine trit just for the profit, as null mining took a big nerf.

What people told you wasn’t wrong.

Minerals rocketed in price just as they said. And if you look you’ll see that hi-sec ores are returning to their usual values. Low sec ores are even higher than their usual values.

1 Like

So having a team of people in cov-ops finding wh “stargates” is an issue? That’s how we used to travel, screw gates.